How To Pay Health Insurance Premium Online?
Published On Nov 12, 2021
Table of Contents
Health insurance plans must be bought by the individuals after carefully analyzing their requirements. They must consider certain factors like their financial budget, pre-existing diseases, medical history, etc. before investing in a certain suitable health insurance plan. There are plenty of plans in the market that can be explored and compared over the internet. Therefore you must buy a desirable health insurance plan that is both comprehensive and affordable. Health insurance plans cost a certain amount that is paid monthly, quarterly, half-yearly or annually by the policyholders. This plan can be claimed in case of a medical emergency by the policyholders after the waiting period of the plan is over.
With the advancements in technology, the procedures like buying, comparing, renewing, and claiming health insurance plans can be done online over the internet with the ease of being at home. You can buy or renew your plans online by making secure transaction gateway payments using netbanking. Paying the premium online over the internet decreases the hardship of visiting the office branch of the respective health insurer and indulges in time consuming documentation.
About Health Insurance Premium Payments
A health insurance premium payment is a prespecified sum of money that is paid by the policyholders to avail the benefits and features of their purchased health insurance plan. This amount is paid monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, or annually, by the policyholders, depending on the time period chosen. The premium amount can be influenced by certain factors like applicants age, type of plan, claim amount, co-payment clauses, deductibles, etc. You can change the rate of premium for your policy by altering the features and specifications of your desired health insurance policy over the online premium calculator. With the help of the internet, online payments of the premiums can be made without much hassle and confusion.
How To Pay Health Insurance Premium Online?
Premium payments of a health insurance plan can be made online using the secure transaction gateways over the internet. Online payments option offers the policyholders the choice within the available range of payment modes and it takes little to no time when compared to the traditional offline method of paying the premiums. You can make online payments for both buying or renewal of the health insurance policies. The online mode of premium payment is secure, quick, and convenient for making payments. It saves the policyholders from wasting their prestigious time and all it requires is a good internet connection to make the payments smoothly.
Steps Involved To Pay Health Insurance Premium Online
You can follow the below mentioned steps for making online payments of your health insurance premium:
- Surf through the official website of your respective health insurer
- At the official website, navigate through the renewal section
- Enter the mandatory details like your policy number( in case of renewal), mobile number, email ID, etc. over the online interface of the insurer.
- Review the policy premium and other important details. Make the online payment and you can get the details over your registered phone number or mail ID.
Things To Consider While Paying Health Insurance Premium Online
Following are some of the key points that you must consider when paying the premium for your health insurance policy over the internet:
- You must track the due dates of your premium payment, as it is essential to pay the premium on time without any delay
- You can avail the tax saving perks under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act on your premium payments
- You must thoroughly read the policy terms and conditions to understand the coverage and inclusions of your purchased health insurance plan
- To ensure a smooth claim settlement process, you must be open about your medical conditions with the health insurance provider.
Paying the premiums online over the internet with the help of secure transaction gateways can save a lot of your time and help you make convenient payments without any delay.
Also Read: Saving on Health Insurance Premiums
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.