How To Claim New India Health Insurance
Published On Jul 16, 2022 10:00 AM By InsuranceDekho
Table of Contents
New India Assurance Company Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Indian Government and is an multinational insurance contributor present in 27 countries and a market leader in the non life insurance sector in India based from Mumbai. Strong domestic and international presence, a wide range in insurance plans, effective and advanced technology, integrated complaint management structure are some of the keys to the company’s success. And last but not the least New India Assurance is the only insurer who is considered as the direct insurer in India.
Claims Process at New India Health Insurance
If you intend to make any claim under this Policy You must:
- Immediately intimate TPA/Policy issuing office (as the case may be) in writing on any
- Disease/Injury being suffered before Hospitalization.
- Intimate within twenty-four hours from the time of Hospitalization in case of Hospitalization due to medical emergency.
- Submit following supporting documents to TPA/Policy issuing office (as the case may be) relating to the claim within seven days from the date of discharge from the Hospital:
- Bill, Receipt and Discharge certificate / card from the Hospital.
- Cash Memos from the Hospitals (s) / Chemists (s), supported by proper prescriptions.
- Receipt and Pathological test reports from Pathologist supported by the note from the attending Medical Practitioner / Surgeon recommending such Pathological tests / pathological.
- Surgeons certificate stating nature of operation performed and Surgeons' bill and receipt.
Attending Doctor's/ Consultant's/ Specialist's / Anesthetist's bill and receipt, and certificate regarding diagnosis.
- Certificate from attending Medical Practitioner / Surgeon that the patient is fully cured.
- In case of Post-Hospitalization treatment (limited to sixty days), submit all claim documents within 7 days after completion of such treatment.
- Provide TPA/Policy issuing office (as the case may be) with authorization to obtain medical and other records from any Hospital, Laboratory or other agency.
- In case you need to reach out to the company directly, you can contact them at their toll free number 1800-209-1415 or you can also write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to File a Claim with New India Assurance?
There are two types of claims that you can file if you have a health insurance policy with New India Assurance. They are Cashless claims and reimbursement claims. You can visit any network hospital to avail cashless claim services. However, ensure that you carry your health card and identity proof . Your details would be verified by the hospital. On successful verification, the hospital will then send a pre-authorization request to New India or the TPA. New India Assurance will then approve or reject the claim once the request is submitted. If your cashless claim gets approved then New India Assurance will then settle the bills directly with the network hospital. However, if the insurer denies your cashless claim, you can still go ahead and take a treatment in the same hospital but make the bill payment out of his or her pocket and then apply for a reimbursement claim.
If you wish to go ahead with the reimbursement claim, you will then have to take all the original medical bills and other documents once you are discharged along with the duly-filled and signed claim form. New India Assurance will then either approve or reject your health insurance claim depending upon the terms and conditions of the health insurance policy.
New India Health Insurance Claim Form
You can download the claim form by visiting the official website.
The insured will have to fill in Part A of the claim form. All the important details such as the insurance history, personal details, policy number, bank account details, details of hospitalisation, details of claim, etc.
Details of insured person hospitalised:
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Relationship to primary insured
- Email ID
Details of primary insured:
- Policy number
- SI. number or Certificate number
- Company TPA ID number
- Name of the hospital where admitted
- Room category occupied
- Hospitalisation due to
- Date of injury or date when disease first detected or date of delivery
- Date of admission
- Date of discharge
New India Assurance Health Insurance Toll-Free Number
In case of any queries regarding your health insurance policy, you may call on the New India Assurance Health Insurance toll-free number 1800 – 209 – 1415. You can also email the insurer on email@example.com. You may also request a call-back by simply filling a form online on the New India Portal.
Being the largest government owned general insurer, New India Assurance Company definitely has become the best choice for many of us. The various health insurance products offered by this Company are at a very reasonable rate. This is one reason why people prefer buying health insurance from New India Assurance Company. The health insurance products here offer health check-up costs at the end of three claim free years.
The Comparison Of COVID-19 Vaccines