How To Apply For The Chief Minister's Health Insurance Card
Updated On Aug 03, 2022
Table of Contents
- Features Of Chief Minister Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme
- How To Enroll In Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme?
- Documents Required To Apply To CM’s Health Insurance
The Amma Health Insurance scheme is designed for underprivileged families that have low annual income. With the “Amma Maruthuva Kapitu Thittam”, they do not have to go through a financial struggle at the time of a medical emergency. This TN CM Insurance Scheme offers coverage to the entire family with the help of cashless facilities.
Features Of Chief Minister Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme
This is a useful health insurance plan with the following features:
1. Family-floater Plan
Amma health insurance is a family-floater type of health insurance plan. All the registered members of an eligible family can avail health insurance benefits under this plan. One does not have to worry about future medical emergencies when covered under the TN CM Insurance Scheme.
2. Cashless Claims
The beneficiaries of this health insurance plan do not have to pay money while availing treatment at an empanelled hospital. This is a huge benefit for the beneficiary as he/she does not have to think about arranging money for treatment. They can focus their attention on the well-being of the patient.
3. Frequent Heath Camps
Empanelled hospitals are instructed to organize health camps at least once a month. The beneficiary can get free check-ups and follow-up treatments frequently.
4. Coverage for Sri Lankan refugees
There is no cap on the income of a Sri Lankan refugee to enrol under Amma Health Insurance. He/she can thus avail seamless healthcare at the desired centre.
5. 24×7 Assistance
An active call centre has been set up to answer various queries regarding Amma Health Insurance. If a person faces any problem related to the health insurance being offered, they can easily seek a solution.
How To Enroll In Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme?
The enrollment process for CMCHIS is not complicated. It can be done rapidly if the applicant has all the required documents in place. The documents are also easy to fetch. Here are the steps for enrollment:
- Acquire an income certificate from the Village Administrative Officer/Revenue authorities.
- Carry all the required documents to the enrollment centre.
- Get the documents verified by the kiosk operator.
- Next, your biometric details like fingerprints, photograph, eye scan, etc. will be captured.
- After verification and biometric scanning, your e-card will be issued.
Documents Required To Apply To CM’s Health Insurance
Mainly the following things are required to apply for the CM’s health insurance policy:
- Income Certificate
- Ration Card (a copy and original both)
- Self-declaration from the head of the family
One should also carry the following documents at the time of enrollment
- Proof of identity
- Address proof
- Aadhar card
- Pan card
with the help of a CM Health Insurance Application Form PDF. An eligible person should simply visit the enrollment centre with the required documents. The beneficiary can use the smart card during a medical emergency after the enrollment process is complete.