How Good Is United India Health Insurance?
Published On Aug 06, 2022 11:00 AM By InsuranceDekho
Table of Contents
United India Insurance Company Limited is one of the market leaders in providing health insurance solutions. Their other insurance products include motor, marine, fire, personal accident and rural insurance. They have around 30 regional offices and 661 branch offices across the country. The various United India Health Insurance policies include Family Medicare, Gold, Individual Mediclaim, Platinum, Senior Citizen, Super Topup, Topup, UNI Criticare, and Workmen Medicare Policy.
Features & Benefits of United India Health Insurance
- Easy online purchase - All United India Health Insurance policies can be easily purchased online by following a simple set of guidelines. Apart from purchase, policies can also be renewed online and claims can be made through their website.
- Comprehensive medical cover - The various health insurance policies provided by United India provide complete coverage including hospitalization expenses, room rent, ICU charges, and special discount offers. The policies also provide a wide range of add-on options.
- No claim bonus - Policyholders are also eligible to avail a no claim bonus discount at the time of renewing the policy. This discount is offered on all the different plans available under United India.
- Cashless hospitalization - United India has an extensive network of cashless network hospitals where customers can avail good quality health services without any hassles. Claims can be made for cashless claim services in case of planned medical treatment or medical emergencies.
- Free medical check-up - United India offers customers the facility to get a free medical check-up at regular intervals. These preventive health care check-ups are complete packages that test for overall blood picture, scanning, HIV, and other basic tests.
- Pre-hospitalization cover - The policyholder can avail the costs incurred before hospitalization such as medical expenses, consultation charges, etc. These expenses can be covered up to a period of 30 days.
- Ambulance fee - Coverage will be provided for transportation charges to the hospital in question from the spot of the emergency. The charges incurred towards ambulance travel will be reimbursed.
- 24/7 customer support - The customer support team at United India provides customers support services relating to purchases, claims, renewals, etc. Customers can contact the customer care team at any time during an emergency.
Checklist before Buying United India Health Insurance
- The first step is to choose the right policy depending on the various personal and health needs of the policyholder
- Take all the factors into consideration like the sum insured, premium amount, coverage provided and add-ons offered by each plan under United India and choose one that best suits personal and family needs
- It is important to take a complete medical test to see where you stand and choose a policy that suits your health needs
- Check out the list of network hospitals provided
- Read the policy document completely
- Keep all documents ready
Documents Required for Purchasing United India Health Insurance
- Identity proof document such as PAN, Driving License, etc
- Any government issued document that provides the proof of age
- Address proof
- Medical certificate for certain plans
United India is equipped with as many 7,000 network hospitals across the country, where customers can avail high-quality medical treatment without any inconvenience. The insurance company has collaborated with various established and well-reputed hospitals where planned and emergency services can be obtained.
Also read: How is Liberty Health Insurance?