Health Insurance With AYUSH Treatment Benefit Explained
Published On Apr 11, 2023 10:00 AM By InsuranceDekho
Table of Contents
Until now, we have seen our grandparents make ayurvedic medicines based on plants, animals, and numerous other mineral extracts. There has been devastating progress in the medical industry, but people's belief in ayurvedic treatment has remained constant. As a result, most people prefer to buy health insurance that provides AYUSH treatment coverage. But what exactly does AYUSH treatment mean? In this blog post, we’ll explain all about AYUSH treatment under health insurance in detail.
Health insurance provides financial security to the policyholder during medical emergencies. Most health insurance companies provide AYUSH treatment coverage in their plans. AYUSH refers to Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy. Read on to find out the meaning and benefits of AYUSH treatment in detail!
What Is AYUSH Treatment in Health Insurance?
AYUSH treatment is an alternative medical treatment procedure in which medicines are made from natural ingredients. AYUSH stands for Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy. Ayurvedic drugs and medicines absorb easily in the body without leaving minimal and no any side effects. The insurance industry is regulated by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI). Considering the need and impact of ayurvedic treatment, IRDAI has modified its guidelines for health insurance companies. Now, most of the health insurance companies provide AYUSH treatment coverage to the policyholders.
What Are the Benefits of AYUSH Treatment under Health Insurance?
Listed below are some of the benefits of AYUSH treatment in health insurance.
- Ayurvedic treatment is considered as one of the effective treatment especially for non-surgical and non-invasive treatments. Therefore, AYUSH treatment is an ideal treatment option if you have a minor or persistant health issue.
- In comparison to modern medical treatments, the cost of AYUSH treatment is low because of low licensing and patent costs.
- AYUSH treatment is a traditional type of medical treatment that is available even in the remotest parts of India. Therefore, you don’t have to locate hospitals to avail of ayurvedic treatment facilities.
- Another benefit of AYUSH treatment is that it provides good solution for lifestyle diseases that are common among people of all age groups. Some of the diseases involves back pain, obesity, hairfall, and more.
- AYUSH treatment is most suitable for older people. As people grow in age, our capacity for allopathic treatments become lesser. Therefore, in this case, you can opt for ayurvedic treatment which is mild and more effective.
Inclusions And Exclusions Under AYUSH Treatment in Health Insurance
Here are the things that are covered and not covered in AYUSH treatment.
What Is Covered?
A health insurance plan that provides coverage for AYUSH treatment will cover the cost of different ayurvedic treatments such as yoga fees, naturopathic medicines, and more.
What’s Not Covered?
One thing that you should keep in mind is that AYUSH treatment is reimbursed only if you avail of it at a government-authorized hospital or centre. Moreover, the check-up fees are not covered under AYUSH treatment in health insurance.
In conclusion, inflation is at its peak around the world. To avoid paying hefty medical bills and burning a hole in your pocket, make sure that you purchase a health insurance policy. One of the major factors that you should keep in mind while purchasing a health plan is that it must provide AYUSH treatment coverage. Ayush treatment is an alternative to allopathic treatment. It is much more effective and costs less than the mainstream treatment methods.
Also read: Copay Vs Coinsurance Vs Deductible