Everything You Must Know About SBI Corona Kavach Policy
Updated On Jan 06, 2022
Table of Contents
SBI General's Corona Kavach Policy is a reasonable indemnity-based health insurance policy that protects you and your family from a variety of medical expenditures incurred as a result of a positive COVID-19 diagnosis. Individuals between the ages of 18 and 65 can purchase this coverage as an individual or as a family floater. If you have family floater insurance, you can cover yourself, your lawfully married spouse, your dependant children, your parents, and your parents-in-law. For dependant children, the minimum and maximum ages are 1 day and 25 years, respectively. If a kid above the age of 18 is financially self-sufficient, he or she will be ineligible for floater coverage. The sum insured would be applicable to each family member individually if covered on an individual basis, whereas the sum insured would be applied to the whole family if covered on a family floater basis.
SBI General Insurance's Corona Kavach Policy offers sum insured choices ranging from Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 5 lakh in multiples of Rs. 50,000, as well as policy term options of 3.5 months, 6.5 months, and 9.5 months. Room rent, nursing and boarding charges, AYUSH treatments, pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses, home care treatment expenses, and other healthcare expenses are covered by the policy. In addition, the insurance includes an optional add-on benefit that you can choose to pay for by paying an additional premium at the time of purchase. Because the ongoing epidemic is hurting many people's lives and livelihoods, this policy will be beneficial because it protects you against the financial and emotional consequences of the COVID-19 catastrophe. To know more about SBI Corona Kavach Policy, read on.
Eligibility Criteria For SBI Corona Kavach Policy
Following is the listed eligibility criteria for SBI Corona Kavach Policy -
- Age Limit - Minimum and maximum entry ages are 18 and 65 years old, respectively.
- Assured Sum - Options for Sum Insured is Rs 50,000 and Rs 5 lakh (in multiples of Rs 50,000)
- Waiting period - To get policy benefits, you must wait 15 days before filing a claim; however, no claim may be submitted until then.
- Members Covered - The policy provides coverage to the legally married spouse, parents, dependant children (natural or legally adopted), and parents-in-law.
- Tax Rebates - Policyholders can additionally take advantage of tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act of 1961 on the policy premiums they pay.
- Co-payment - There is no co-payment requirement, and you can choose to have daily hospital cash coverage.
What Are The Things Covered Under SBI Corona Kavach Policy?
Following are the things covered under SBI Corona Kavach Policy -
- The cost of your boarding, as well as the rent for your hospital room and doctor's costs.
- ICU, nursing, and operating room costs are all charges.
- Medicines that you ingested during your hospital stay.
- Charges for up to 15 days of pre-hospitalisation and up to 30 days of post-hospitalisation, respectively.
- For each day spent in a hospital for the treatment of Covid-19, you will receive 0.5 percent of the total covered each day. The maximum number of days for which this add-on cover is available is 15.
The outbreak of Covid-19 has had a significant influence on the whole world, including India. The number of persons infected with the coronavirus is increasing every day. If a person or a member of their family is diagnosed with the virus, the expense of treatment might be prohibitively expensive. If you don't want to go into your resources to cover the expense of Covid-19 therapy, you may take up the SBI General Insurance Corona Kavach Policy, which will cover you if you or a member of your family is diagnosed with the disease.
Also read - Benefits of Health Insurance
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.