Corona Kavach Policy: Features And Benefits Explained
Published On Nov 17, 2021 12:00 PM By InsuranceDekho
Table of Contents
To help the people during the global pandemic and provide them with the much needed monetary support, health insurance providers have been mandated to offer the COVID-19 covers. These covers specifically aid the expenses of the COVID-19 related treatments and make sure that people from different groups of the society get monetary support. During the pandemic spread, a lot of people lost their loved ones to the poor quality of medical treatments and high cost of dues. These plans that offer COVID-19 coverage, come with a short waiting period, thus making sure that the policyholders can avail the benefits at the earliest.
COVID-19 covers are of different types like Corona Rakshak plans, Corona Kavach plans, etc. These plans have different sets of exclusive features for the policyholders and it comes with an extensive coverage for the people of different age groups. To claim this plan, you must seek hospitalization in a government authorized COVID-19 center. Apart from the features and benefits, this plan provides the policyholders with accumulated value added benefits, and complete support so that they can get a sense of relief while seeking treatment for coronavirus.
About Corona Kavach Policy
Corona Kavach Policy is a single premium indemnity based health insurance plan that offers its policyholders the much needed financial aid in case of a medical emergency. Due to its affordable premium price, this plan can be bought for both individuals and their families. Under this plan you can avail the hospitalization benefits, medication costs, AYUSH treatments, inpatient costs, daycare treatments, and much more. Under the family coverage, you can include your spouse, children, and dependent parents along with yourself. On the payment of some extra premium amount, you can avail extra coverage over your plan.
Must Read: Coronavirus - Does My Existing Health Insurance Cover Coronavirus?
Features of Corona Kavach Policy
Following are some of the common features of a Corona Kavach Policy:
- This plan covers the hospitalization expenses of the policyholders cost-effectively. It compensates for your medical bills, when the hospitalization is for a minimum of 24 hours for COVID-19 related treatments.
- Pre-hospitalization, post-hospitalization, domiciliary costs, AYUSH treatments, etc. are looked after under this Corona Kavach Policy.
- Room rents and road ambulance charges are a part of this plan. It comes with no deductibles for the policyholders and has a claim amount ranging between Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 5 Lakhs.
- Since, the COVID-19 patients require immediate medical attention, therefore cashless claims can be made at the network hospitals, and intensive care treatments are also included in case of a medical emergency.
Benefits of Corona Kavach Policy
Let us look at some of the common benefits of a Corona Kavach Policy, that can be availed by the policyholders at an affordable price:
- Corona Kavach Policy has a short waiting period of 15 days and therefore, the policyholders can claim the plan as early as possible.
- This plan has been launched to help the people from different groups of the society in overcoming their financial stress, therefore the premium range of this plan is affordable and budget friendly.
- It has the benefits of one-time payment under which the policyholders must pay the premiums only once and then be at the ease.
- Hospital daily cash cover can be included under this policy by investing extra on the existing cover. It provides the 0.5% of the claim amount of the Corona Kavach Policy to the policyholders as a daily cash benefit for up to 15 days.
- Tax saving perks are a part of this plan like any other regular health insurance plan. Therefore, you can cut taxes on your premium payments being the taxpayer and the policyholder of the Corona Kavach Policy.
A Corona Kavach Policy is a wise choice to make when investing in a COVID-19 related health insurance plan. You must make sure that it meets all your requirements. You must go through its terms and conditions during the free look period to avoid any confusion and inconvenience at the time of the claiming procedure.
Also Read: Should You Renew Or Port Your Corona Kavach Policy
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.