Cashless Claims Process of Star Health Insurance
Updated On Jan 05, 2023
With a presence in 640+ locations, Star Health Insurance is a leading provider of health insurance. Offering a bunch of health insurance plans at affordable premiums, Star Health Insurance makes it easier for individuals to pick the desired health plan. However, while buying a health insurance plan with Star Health Insurance, there are different processes that policyholders need to be aware of. One important thing to know is the cashless claim process when you have bought a health insurance plan with Star Health Insurance. So, read on to know all about the cashless claim process of Star Health Insurance.
Cashless Claims Process in Star Health Insurance
The cashless claim refers to the process in which policyholders can get their claims settled in a cashless manner. This means that if the policyholder raises a claim, then Star Health Insurance will directly settle the claims upon submission of all the essential documents. However, please note that for availing of cashless claim benefits with Star Health Insurance, you need to get treatment at any network hospital or a hospital that has collaborated with Star Health Insurance. Moreover, as Star Health has over 13,000 network hospitals, it becomes even easier to get treatment at a network hospital and avail of the benefits of cashless claims.
Listed below are the steps you need to follow for raising cashless claims with health insurance with Star:
- First and foremost, you need to inform the insurer about the hospitalisation in a network hospital. If it is a planned or unplanned hospitalisation, you need to inform the insurer in both of these cases. You can either call Star Health Insurance’s customer team or simply write an email to inform your insurer. You will also have to fill out the pre-authorisation form.
- Collect all the medical bills, which you will require to submit to the insurer.
- Then, download the claim form from the official website of Star Health Insurance. Fill out the claim form, and read all the instructions properly to avoid any discrepancies in the future.
- Attach all the necessary documents to the claim form and do not miss out to make copies of the form for future reference.
- Then, submit the claim form online and upon verification, your claim will be directly settled by the insurer. You will also be informed about the same either through email or calls.
Also, note that, unlike cashless claims, reimbursement claims are those in which policyholders need to first spend for all the medical expenses incurred which will be later reimbursed by Star Health Insurance. The benefit of raising cashless claims with Star Health Insurance is that you need not spend anything from your pocket as all the medical expenses will be taken care of by the insurer directly.
So, follow all the above-mentioned steps and get your cashless claims settled by Star Health Insurance directly. The cashless claim process is a hassle-free way of getting your claims settled without worrying about medical expenses as everything will be handled by Star Health Insurance.
Also read: How to increase health insurance coverage?