Benefits of Dengue Cover In Health Insurance
Updated On Oct 29, 2021
Table of Contents
Health insurance plans offer financial aid to the policyholders along with other features like pre and post hospitalization expenses, medication costs, domiciliary expenses, no claim bonuses, tax-saving perks, ambulance charges, room rents, and a lot more. Under the cover, the insurers offer compensation for basic medical expenditures incurred in case of an emergency. Some specific plans offer aid for cancer, critical diseases, personal accidents, organ donor expenses, etc. Considering the ongoing pandemic, the insurers also provide COVID-19 related covers under all their plans to the policyholders.
With the onset of monsoon comes the fear of contracting vector-borne diseases like malaria, dengue, etc. These diseases are caused by mosquitoes which primarily breed in the monsoon season and are the carrier of the life-threatening diseases. A large population within our country is affected by the seasonal attack of dengue every year. Dengue can be severe sometimes, and therefore, it is important for people to seek immediate medical attention in case of slight symptoms. Due to the rise in inflation, the basic cost of treatments has increased thus burning a hole in the pockets of the people. To help people compensate for the treatments of vector-borne diseases like dengue, the health insurance providers have rolled out dengue covers in health insurance.
About Dengue Health Insurance Covers
Health insurance plans for vector-borne diseases like dengue cover the medical expenses incurred due to the treatment of such diseases. It offers monetary support along with other features and benefits to the policyholders at an affordable premium rate. Diseases spread by mosquitoes need immediate medical attention and it can be financially stressful for some people to exhaust their financial savings on basic medical treatments. Thus, dengue covers provide monetary assistance and ensure quality treatment of the policyholders at the private hospitals.
Benefits of Dengue Cover In Health Insurance
Let us look at some of the prominent benefits of dengue cover in health insurance, that can be availed at the time of the claim settlement process:
- Dengue covers look after pre and post-hospitalization and in-patient cost benefits along with room rents, ICU charges, daycare treatment, ambulance charges, and much more.
- It offers coverage for the medical expenses for 30 days of pre-hospitalization period and 60 days of the post-hospitalization period for the policyholders.
- The health insurance provider automatically refills the claim amount under the plan in case of exhaustion of the cover.
- Cashless claim benefits can be availed at the network hospitals of the insurers.
- Complementary healthcare checkups are offered by the insurers to help you prevent illnesses and their related complications.
Symptoms of Dengue Fever
Dengue fever is caused by mosquitoes, mostly during the monsoon season. People must take precautionary measures during the monsoon season to avoid dengue fever. You must seek immediate medical attention in case you are suffering from dengue fever. Let us look at some of the possible symptoms of dengue fever:
- Severe headache
- Eye pain
- Joint pain
- Body rash
- Weak pulse
If you observe any of these symptoms, you must be suffering from dengue fever and it is wise to seek medical attention for proper treatment. Dengue fever can be severe sometimes and lead to the death of the individual, which makes it a life-threatening vector-borne disease.
Exclusions Under Dengue Health Insurance Cover
Following are certain features that are excluded from the dengue health insurance cover:
- Cost of treatment for diseases other than dengue
- The waiting period of 15 to 30 days under the plan for the policyholders
- Cost of medication that is not required to treat dengue
- Treatments received from an unauthorized medical attendant
- Cost of treatments received outside India for dengue
A dengue health insurance cover must be essentially included in your health insurance plan as it can offer you much needed financial support in case of dengue fever. You can understand the terms of your plan by carefully going through its fine print at the time of the purchase.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.