Benefits of Ayushman Bharat Health Insurance
Updated On Nov 26, 2021
Table of Contents
Government of India has rolled out Ayushman Bharat Yojana which is a healthcare scheme to offer quality healthcare to the weaker sections of the society. The people living below the poverty line can pay an affordable premium rate and get the benefits of this healthcare scheme. This plan was launched by the Prime Minister of India, with an aim to bring advancements in the healthcare sector of the country. Apart from the common features, this plan comes with certain exclusive inclusions that can benefit the beneficiaries at the time of an emergency. This plan can be availed at any public hospitals or linked private hospitals with the help of a Ayushman Bharat Card that is issued to the policyholders at the time of buying the policy. The registration and administration procedures under this scheme can be carried out online over the internet thus escaping the trouble of in-office hassles.
About Ayushman Bharat Health Insurance
Ayushman Bharat health insurance is a government sponsored health insurance scheme that was launched with an aim to offer financial aid for medical expenses, to a large population of underprivileged families within the country. This plan comes with no caps on age and size of family covered. With the sum assured ranging up to Rs. 5 Lakhs for each family per year, this policy works to get the best health care services for its policyholders at affordable costs.
The beneficiaries under Ayushman Bharat plan can receive cashless treatments at public or network of private hospitals. The insurers have facilitated paperless purchase and renewal of this cover, thus making it quick and hassle free for the policyholders to undergo the procedures without visiting the public offices. This plan covers the basic costs of hospitalization, medications, etc. for all tertiary and secondary hospitalization expenses. Treatments like skull treatment, knee replacement, etc. are also included under this plan for the weaker sections of the society.
Must Read: What Is Ayushman Bharat Health Insurance?
Features of Ayushman Bharat Health Insurance
Let us look at some of the prominent features that are available under the Ayushman Bharat plan:
- With around Rs. 5 Lakhs per family as the claim amount, it can include around 50 Crore beneficiaries.
- The aim of this cover is to offer quality healthcare to the weaker sections of the society within the country.
- Cashless claims can also be made at the public or linked private hospitals of the insurer
- Compensation for the pre and post hospitalization period is offered along with the transportation costs.
- Specific pre-existing medical disorders are also included apart from the daycare expenses
Benefits of Ayushman Bharat Health Insurance Plans
The Ayushman Bharat plan has been introduced to benefit the weaker sections of the society. Let us look at some of the common benefits that can be availed by the policyholders of this plan:
- Cover of Rs. 5 Lakh is offered to each family that is insured under the plan
- Across the country, this plan aims to cover around 10 Crore poor and vulnerable families.
- All the families that are listed under the SECC database will be included under the scheme
- Girl child, women, and senior citizens have been prioritized under the plan
- Free of cost treatment is offered at the public and network private hospitals of the insurer
- Secondary and tertiary treatments are compensated under this plan
- Surgery costs, daycare expenses, medicine charges, diagnostic charges, etc. are provided under this plan
- Pre-existing medical disorders are also covered with no restrictions on treatment at public hospitals
- Cashless and paperless administration procedures have been facilitated by the insurer
- Hospitals cannot charge extra sum of money from the beneficiaries of the Ayushman Bharat scheme
- The services under this plan can be availed anywhere in India
This plan can be bought after meeting the eligibility criteria specified by the health insurance provider. You must go through the policy documents to understand its inclusions and exclusions to avoid inconvenience at the time of the claim settlement procedures.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.