All You Need to Know About National Mediclaim Policy
Published On Nov 28, 2021 10:00 AM By InsuranceDekho
Table of Contents
National Insurance Company is a state-owned insurance company in India that offers a wide variety of general insurance products, health insurance being the most popular of them. The insurance offers affordable health insurance plans for individuals as well as families. Considering the insurance company’s impressive claim settlement ratio and smooth claim settlement process, many choose to buy its products.
One such policy is the National Mediclaim Policy, which we are going to discuss further in this article. You can buy this policy if you are aged between 18 years and 65 years, to avail several coverage benefits. Under the policy, you can cover spouse, parents, natural or legally adopted children, brother till marriage, sister till marriage, and parents-in-laws. It is an annual policy that needs to be renewed after that for continuous coverage. Read more about the coverage benefits of the policy below.
Must Read: Pitfalls of Not Purchasing a Health Insurance Plan
Coverage Benefits Offered Under National Mediclaim Policy
It is an indemnity based policy that covers the insured for several healthcare expenses. Read them below:
- In-patient hospitalisation expenses: National Mediclaim Policy covers you for in-patient hospitalisation expenses arising due to hospitalisation for at least 24 hours.
- Pre-Hospitalisation And Post-Hospitalisation Expenses: The policy covers pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses for up to a specific number of days.
- Daycare expenses: The insurance company indemnifies daycare expenses, which require less than 24 hours of hospitalisation.
- Ayurveda And Homeopathy Expenses: The policy covers Ayurveda and Homeopathy treatment expenses including the pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses.
- Mental Illness Cover: The policy covers you for medical expenses arising due to mental illnesses including pre-hospitalisation expenses and post-hospitalisation expenses.
- Organ Donor’s Medical Expenses: The insurer offers cover for organ donor’s expenses excluding pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses riding for organ donor’s treatment during the course of organ transplant.
- Ambulance Expenses: National Mediclaim Policy covers you for road ambulance expenses arising due to transportation of the patient to the nearest hospital.
- Morbid Obesity Treatment: The policy indemnifies you for medical expenses arising due to surgical treatment of obesity that fulfils the conditions as stated in the policy document.
- Modern Treatments: You will be covered for modern treatments such as balloon sinuplasty, robotic surgeries, intravitreal injections, oral chemotherapy, etc. if covered under National Mediclaim Policy offered by National Insurance Company.
National Mediclaim Policy is a popular health insurance policy that offers great coverage to the insured. If you are looking for a reliable health insurance policy that offers wide coverage for major healthcare expenses at an affordable premium, then you can choose to buy it. To buy the policy at InsuranceDekho, you can connect with the customer care executives at InsuranceDekho on the toll-free number 7551196989 and share your requirements. The executives will help you understand and buy the policy in a hassle-free manner.
Also Read: 7 Health Insurance Industry Trends
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.