HDFC ERGO Health Insurance for Family
A 360-degree health insurance plan, Health Suraksha promises smooth medical treatment during a medical emergency. This HDFC ERGO health insurance plans for family is available on family floater (including spouse, dependent children, and dependent parents) basis as well as an individual basis. It offers coverage for inpatient treatment, pre & post hospitalisation, domiciliary treatment, medical expenses for an organ donor, emergency ambulance, and other expenses. The HDFC ERGO health insurance plans for family is available for both 1 year and 2 years.
Key Features of HDFC Family Health Insurance
- Sum insured range - Rs. 3 Lakh to Rs. 10 Lakh
- 9,000+ network hospitals for availing cashless treatment
- No room rent capping
- No disease sub-limits
- Optional benefit of critical illness cover
- Integrated wellness services
- A family discount of 10% if 2 or more members are covered
- E-opinion in case of a critical illness (optional benefit), and others
Scope of Coverage Under HDFC Family Health Insurance
- 60 days pre-hospitalisation cover
- 90 days post-hospitalisation cover
- Coverage for 144 daycare procedures
- Coverage for AYUSH treatment
- Maternity and newborn baby cover (Optional)
- Cover for Outpatient Dental Treatment (Optional)
- Convalescence Benefit (Optional)
- Hospital daily cash (Optional), etc.
HDFC Medical Insurance for Family Eligibility
The Health Suraksha plan doesn’t have a maximum entry age limit. Anyone above 91 day onwards can buy the policy. Note that children below 5 years are covered only if both parents are covered under the policy.
Exclusions Under Family Health Insurance HDFC
- Treatment of obesity and any weight control program
- Congenital external diseases, defects or anomalies, genetic diseases
- Injury or illness due to war
- Conditions for which hospitalisation is not required, and others
- Self-inflicted injuries, etc.
For more about product details and exclusions, kindly refer to the policy wording. You can also initiate contact at InsuranceDekho at 1800-1205-698.
Health Insurance Calculator
Whom do you want the insurance for ?
Select the age of all members
Where do you live ?
Choose required Coverage for yourself?
Health Insurance Coverage Calculator
Who do you want to insured ?
Age of eldest insured member ?
Where do you live ?
Health Insurance News
The Supreme Court has directed the Central Government to dec...01 March 2024
Explore the challenges, types, and causes of rare diseases o...28 February 2024
National Deworming Day is aimed at combating parasitic worm ...12 February 2024
Explore the benefits of Super Top-Up Health Insurance and di...05 February 2024
Know the impact of cancer in India on World Cancer Day 2024....02 February 2024
FAQ About HDFC ERGO Health Insurance
How do I benefit by purchasing family floater health insurance?
On buying family floater health insurance, you not only cover your entire family under one policy (sum insured shared by all members), but also make renewals easier. Moreover, the premium becomes less in comparison as that of individual health insurance.
What if the primary insured in a family health insurance passes away?
In case, the primary insured individual dies, the other adult individual may carry on with the policy. Note that the sum insured will remain the same.
What are the options one can go for to opt for family health insurance in HDFC Ergo?
A policyholder can either choose a family floater plan or cover each member on an individual basis under the same policy.
What are the discounts associated with family health insurance in HDFC Ergo?
Policyholders get 10% discount on the premium on choosing to cover more than 2 family members on an individual sum insured basis in the same policy.
What is the advantage of HDFC ERGO family health insurance?
HDFC ERGO family health insurance offers multiple advantages to the policyholder. The major benefits include cover for family under a single sum insured amount, no need to manage different policies, sum insured up to Rs. 10 Lakh, easy claim settlement, cashless facility at 10,000+ network hospitals, no room rent capping, no disease sublimit, integrated wellness services, family discount, affordable premium rate and more.