Things to Know About Health Insurance Plans With Maternity Rider
Updated On Feb 10, 2021
Bringing a new life to the world is a huge responsibility. During pregnancy, a woman faces many emotions: wonder of creating a life, joy of cute baby, and uncertainty of the future. But with all these emotions of motherhood, there is also a shadow of medical bills lurking around, which is fear of increased finances. This leads to adding another emotion to the list.
No doubt, an expecting woman requires constant care and medical attention. But not only do hospital bills add to the financial stress but post-delivery care is not any less expensive too. This might be a huge burden for expecting parents if the mother is not covered under a health insurance plan with a Maternity Rider.
Health Insurance with Maternity Rider
Maternity insurance is usually offered as an add-on or additional rider with your basic health insurance. It allows extensive coverage for expenses that occur during childbirth. Many health insurance companies also offer cover for the child after birth till the maturity period.
What is included in maternity riders?
- Normal or cesarean delivery
- Pre-natal and post-natal expenses
- Vaccination costs of the newborn baby for the first year
- Other expenses related to post-delivery care
- Pre-hospitalization and post-hospitalisation expenses
With an insurance plan with maternity rider, you don’t have to worry about which hospital or nursing home to choose for delivery. This lets you avail treatment from the best hospital and best doctors thereby. Let us read about some important things that you should look for in a maternity health insurance plan.
Coverage: Make sure that your health insurance plan offers you adequate cover for maternity-related health care expenses. This must include cover for hospitalization, medicines, check-ups, tests, and any unforeseen situation.
- Waiting period: Waiting period is the time period where you have to wait to seek certain benefits out of your health insurance plan. Many plans have a waiting period of 2-5 years where the insured has to wait to enjoy maternity benefits. Which is why one must purchase a health insurance plan with maternity benefits in advance so that you are able to avail the benefits when required.
- Clauses: It is important to read and understand the policy document and analyse all the features, clauses, benefits, terms and conditions before buying health insurance policy for maternity benefits.
If you are thoroughly informed about these features in your policy, then making the right decision won’t be tough. Buying the right health insurance plan lets you enjoy many benefits including comprehensive coverage, newborn baby cover, ambulance charges, easy application online, cashless payment facility, and tax saving. Let us learn more about the benefits.
Best health insurance plans with maternity riders
- HDFC Ergo my: health Suraksha
- New India Assurance Mediclaim Policy
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance Active Health Enhanced
What is not included in maternity riders?
Expenses listed below are not included in maternity benefits-
- Doctor’s fee for regular health check-ups
- Doctor’s consultation, diagnostic tests, and follow-ups during pregnancy
- Expenses on vitamins or tonics are not included are excluded, unless are a part of treatment
Motherhood is a joy that only lucky ones are able to experience. To make it a most memorable one, you must ensure to be safe financially, emotionally and physically. Which you can do by purchasing a comprehensive health insurance plan for maternity.
For an easy buy, you may get in touch with the knowledgeable customer care executives at InsuranceDekho on the toll-free number 1800 1205 698. They will offer you effective health insurance plans with maternity riders to keep yourself and your little one safe and secure.