Exploring Health Premia Policy by Max Bupa
Updated On Sep 08, 2021
Max Bupa Health Premia plan is a comprehensive health insurance product that is so designed to offer health coverage for various emergencies including critical diseases abroad. Having one of the lowest waiting periods in the market, the plan additionally covers advanced treatment procedures such as robotic surgeries, cyberknife, bariatric surgery, and laser treatment.
Health Premia Policy – Features and Benefits
- Coverage: The insurance plan by Max Bupa includes the feature of an overall health check-up for both adults as well as children that starts from the first day as per customer preference, covering worldwide maternity with new-born cover without additional premium amount.
- Policy Types: The plan is split into three versions, Silver, Gold and Platinum, ensuring that its policyholders get the best possible healthcare. It provides multiple insured sum choices up to Rs. 3 Crore to make this happen. This comprehensive range of coverage offers the freedom to select the coverage that matches your needs.
- Special Features: This smart plan is available both on an individual and family floater sum basis, where you can get coverage in a single policy for 19 relationships. The plan has different features and covers basic hospitalization costs, ambulance fare global hospitalisation and outpatient cover. In addition to these features, there are also some optional advantages that can enhance policyholder safety, such as critical Illness cover, personal accident cover, hospital cash, and so on. The plan also offers international health coverage for specific illnesses or medical emergencies, which also includes in-built travel insurance coverage.
- Waiting Period: Besides, instead of the industry standard of 24 to 48 months’ waiting period in insurance plans of other firms, Health Premia by Max Bupa has one one-year waiting period for specific diseases, which is a unique feature of the plan.
- Loyalty Addition: This new plan comes with 'loyalty additions' that provide a 10% increment in the basic sum that is insured per year even if the amount has been claimed in the previous year. On paying a two-year policy term, the customer receives a 7.5% discount on the premium for the second year, 15% discount on the premium of the third year.
Health Premia Policy - Exclusions
- Expenses related to any admission are exempt if it is specifically for diagnostic and evaluation purposes only.
2. Expenses linked to all admissions, mainly for compulsory bed rest and not for treatment.
3. Expenses relating to the surgical treatment of obesity which do not meet all the requirements as specified in the policy
4. Self-inflicted injury, suicide, whether the policy holder is mentally stable or insane
5. Treatment for any accident or disease that occurs directly or indirectly from nuclear or radiological emissions, war or war-like circumstances, and act of terrorsim
6. Any change in occupation after the initiation of the Policy or any renewal that results in increased risk to the policy holder.
7. Committing an assault of malicious intent, a criminal offence or other violation of the rules.
8. Consuming or swallowing any intoxicating beverage, opioid, narcotic, herbal substance, sedative or toxin, inadvertently or otherwise, unless as recommended by a licensed professional other than the policyholder or the insured individual.
To conclude, the plan offers additional benefits like daily health needs of customers such as patient hospitalization, personal health-related advice, diagnostics, OPD, pharmacy, and other services. Thus, the insurance product includes improvised pre and well as post-hospitalization coverage besides refill benefits upon the partial expense of the insured sum, which may be used for treating the same disease.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.