Which car do you drive?
How to Buy Car Insurance Online?
- Fill Your Car Details
Provide your car details such as the make, model, etc, and get insurance quotes instantly from top car insurance companies.
- Compare Car Insurance Quotes
From all the available premium quotes, select the one which suits your budget & requirements in the best manner to choose a right plan.
- Make Payment Online
Pay car insurance premium online and get your policy document instantly in your inbox.
Why Choose InsuranceDekho for Car Insurance Online?
- 5 Minutes Car Policy Issuance
Forget waiting for hours & days for getting a car insurance policy. Get your car insurance policy issued in just 5 minutes with our easy, quick and documentation-free policy issuance process.
- Over 3 Lakh Policies Sold
InsuranceDekho is a favourable choice among insurance buyers. Our transparent and quick process, availability of top-rated insurers and our dedicated customer support team has helped us serve and delight more than 3 lakh customers.
- Dedicated Support Team
Our dedicated car insurance customer support team is available at your service all the 7 days of the week. Feel free to reach out to us for any insurance related assistance, be it related policy purchase or claim settlement.
Find Right Car Insurance Quotes by Cars Body Type
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyundai Elite i20 Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Quotes →
- View Tata Altroz Insurance Quotes →
- View Renault KWID Insurance Quotes →
- View Tata Tiago Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Quotes →
- View Honda City Insurance Quotes →
- View Honda City 4th Generation Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Quotes →
- View Honda Amaze Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyundai Aura Insurance Quotes →
- View Kia Seltos Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyundai Venue Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyundai Creta Insurance Quotes →
- View Mahindra Scorpio Insurance Quotes →
- View MG Hector Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti Vitara Brezza Insurance Quotes →
- View Renault Triber Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Quotes →
- View Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Quotes →
- View Mahindra Marazzo Insurance Quotes →
- View Datsun GO Plus Insurance Quotes →
- View Land Rover Range Rover Insurance Quotes →
- View Land Rover Range Rover Velar Insurance Quotes →
- View Audi A6 Insurance Quotes →
- View Land Rover Discovery Insurance Quotes →
- View BMW 3 Series Insurance Quotes →
- View Volvo XC90 Insurance Quotes →
Customer's Speak3206 Reviews
- I bought Liberty General car insurance policy online at InsuranceDekho for my Hyundai Santro car. I really liked the policy considering many benefits that it covers me for. Thank you team for suggesting this to me.Shobhit KukrejaLiberty4th August, 2020
- I recently made a claim under the Future Generali car insurance policy that I bought for my Honda Amaze car at InsuranceDekho. The policy covers me for many benefits of which I availed a few at the time of the car accident. The process was smooth.Himanshu JainFuture Generali4th August, 2020
- I landed on the InsuranceDekho’s website to purchase a Kotak car insurance policy for my Chevrolet Beat car. I was able to know the estimate of the premium that I will have to pay if I buy the policy, I found it affordable and hence bought it from them.BalKrishan SethiKotak4th August, 2020
- I contacted the team at Insurancedekho as I was searching for an affordable car insurance policy for my Chevrolet Aveo car. They suggested New India’s policy and I'm happy to have bought the policy as it comes at an affordable premium yet covers me for many benefits.Srikant BhatiaNew India4th August, 2020
- I purchased a DHFL car insurance policy for my Mahindra Scorpio car at Insurancedekho and recently made a claim under it when I met with an accident. The team helped me make a claim and it got approved too. I was happy to have availed services under the policy.Jiya PawarDhfl4th August, 2020
- This is the second time that I am purchasing Bharti AXA car insurance policy for my Renault Kwid car online at InsuranceDekho. They have a great and knowledgeable team that always helps me buy the most suitable policies online.Tias BiswasBharti Axa4th August, 2020
- InsuranceDekho’s team is really supportive. I contacted them to purchase Royal Sundaram insurance policy for my Volkswagen Polo car and really liked the process. It was smooth, transparent and without paperwork. With the supportive team at Insurancedekho, I was able to buy it in a few minutes.Vijay Narang Royal Sundaram4th August, 2020
- I was able to find and compare car insurance quotes easily at InsuranceDekho. I shortlisted Reliance car insurance policy for my Toyota Fortuner car and bought it within a few minutes by paying through their secured payment gateway.Ayush PopliReliance4th August, 2020
- I was able to buy Tata AIG car insurance policy online at InsuranceDekho for my Honda Amaze car within a few minutes with the help of their knowledgeable customer care executives. I was happy to purchase the policy with them as I got it at an affordable premium.Shashi GandharTata Aig4th August, 2020
- My Digit car insurance policy that I bought for my Toyota Fortuner car covers me for many benefits that I was looking for in my car insurance policy. The policy is an affordable one and I was able to purchase it easily at Insurancedekho within a few minutes.Vishu Sahni Digit4th August, 2020
What is Car Insurance?
Car insurance is a contract between a car owner and an insurance company wherein the latter promises to protect the former’s car from unforeseen financial losses arising from unexpected events such as a road accident, theft, fire, natural calamities, vandalism and other such scenarios. In return for this promise, the car owner pays an amount known as car insurance premium to the insurance company.There are three types of car insurance - Third Party Car Insurance Policy, Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy and Standalone Own-Damage Car Insurance Policy. As per the Indian Motor Tariff, every car owner in India is mandatorily required to own at least a third party car insurance policy. Driving a car without a valid third party car insurance policy is a legal offence in India which attracts a fine of Rs. 2,000 and/or imprisonment of up to 3 months.
Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
A comprehensive car insurance policy is a cover under which the four wheeler insurance company is liable to pay for damages caused to the third party property and life (including death) by the insured’s car as well as for the own damages sustained by the insured’s car. In addition to road accidents, the plan covers damages incurred during natural calamities, man-made disasters, fire, explosion, self-ignition or lightning, theft, terrorist activity, damage in transit by road, rail, inland waterway, lift, elevator as well as air. A policyholder can extend the coverage of a comprehensive car insurance plan with the help of add-on covers such as zero depreciation cover, engine cover, roadside assistance cover. You're already paying for car insurance for third-party cover. It makes better sense in spending a little extra to cover a whole list of possible accident situations.
Third Party Car Insurance Policy
As per the Motor Vehicles Act, a third party insurance policy is a mandatory requirement if you want to drive a car in India. Under this cover, the four wheeler insurance company is liable to pay for the bodily injuries, permanent/temporary liability, total/partial liability, as well as death of the third party caused by an accident involving the insured’s car. The third party policy also provides coverage for property damage incurred by the third party up to Rs. 7.5 lakh. The plan does not provide coverage for damages incurred by the insured car. With a third party car insurance plan, a policyholder can also purchase a legal liability cover of up to Rs. 2 lakh for a hired driver of the insured's car against an extra premium. A personal accident cover of up to Rs. 2 lakh can also be purchased for the unnamed passengers of the insured's car with this plan.
Standalone Own-Damage Car Insurance Policy
In September 2019, IRDAI introduced the standalone own-damage car insurance policy. Under this plan, you get insurance coverage only for the own-damages sustained by your four wheeler in a road accident, natural/man-made calamity, fire, explosion, theft or any other mishap. A standalone own-damage car insurance policy aims at offering you the flexibility in terms of the insurer you want to choose. In order to stay compliant with the rules of the Indian Motor Tariff, you can purchase a third party car insurance policy either from the same insurance company or a different one.
Car Insurance FAQs
Is Car Insurance mandatory?
Yes. As per the Motor Vehicles Act, it is mandatory for car owners to have a valid third party car insurance in place for being able to drive their vehicle in India.
How much fine do I have to pay in case I do not have a Car Insurance?
It is illegal to drive a car without a valid insurance (at least third-party cover) and may attract a fine of up to Rs. 2,000 or imprisonment for three months or both.
Is the person driving a car insured under the car insurance policy?
A car insurance policy only insures the car. It does not insure the driver of the car. Thus, to get the driver of the car insured against personal injuries/permanent disablement/death, you are required to purchase a Personal Accident cover with your comprehensive car insurance policy.
What is No Claim Bonus?
No Claim Bonus is a discount offered by the insurer on the Own Damage premium to the policyholder as an incentive for not making a claim during the entire policy period. It is offered at the time of renewal of a car insurance policy. The NCB discount percentage ranges between 20%-50% depending on the number of claim-free years.
What is IDV?
Insured Declared Value (IDV) is the insured value of the vehicle that is decided at the beginning of a policy period by the insurer.This is useful incase of Total Loss or Theft of your vehicle as insurer decides the claim amount on the basis of vehicle’s IDV.
What is Road Side Assistance?
Road Side Assistance is an add-on that can be coupled with a comprehensive car insurance cover for an additional premium. It offers prompt assistance in case of vehicle breakdown, towing, tyre replacement, fuel replacement and others.
Why should i buy a Car Insurance policy online?
Buying a car insurance policy online saves you from the hassle of standing in queues and doing tons of paperwork. Purchase of a four wheeler insurance online also allows you to compare premium quotes from different insurance providers and select the one which best suits you.
Latest Car Insurance News
- Read More →
- Read More →
*Standard T&C Apply. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, please read the sales brochure of respective insurers carefully before concluding a sale. Girnar Insurance Brokers Private Limited, 4th Floor, Tower B, Emaar Digital Greens, Golf Course Extension Road, Sector-61, Gurugram-122102, Haryana. IRDAI License no 588. Direct Broker (General Insurance) valid till 19th March 2023. Email -email@example.com.