How to buy Car Insurance online?
- Fill in your Car Details
Provide your car details such as the make, model, etc, and get insurance quotes instantly from top insurance companies.
- Compare Quotes and Choose a Plan
From all the available premium quotes, select the one which suits your budget and requirements in the best manner.
- Make Payment online
Pay online and get your policy document instantly in your inbox.
Add-ons For Your Car Insurance Policy
- Zero Depreciation
A car's value depreciates constantly with time. Thus, at the time of a claim settlement, the depreciated value of a car is deducted from the claim amount. However, by opting for a zero depreciation add-on you can shift the liability of the depreciation cost to the insurer and get the entire claim amount without any deduction of the depreciation sum. This add-on is generally available till the age of 5 years of car, however, the car age limit varies from insurer to insurer.
- NCB Cover
A No Claim Bonus (NCB) is a discount given by the insurer in the premium amount to a car insurance policy holder for not making a claim in the entire tenure of the motor insurance policy. This discount is not available if the policy holder has made even a single claim. However, with the NCB cover, a policyholder will be entitled to receive an NCB discount despite having made a claim subject terms and conditions of insurance company. The NCB discount keeps on increasing with every claim-free year until it reaches 50%.
- Engine Protection Cover
A car's engine is not covered under a comprehensive car insurance policy. And therefore, if it gets damaged due to floods or water-logging, an insurance company is not liable to pay for its damages. But, if you opt for an Engine cover, you can get your car’s engine insured by the insurer.
- Invoice Cover
If you have a return to invoice cover added on to your comprehensive car insurance policy, you can claim the total ex-showroom price of your car, taxes and registration charges, in case of total loss.
Benefits of InsuranceDekho
- 5 Minutes Policy Issuance
Forget waiting for hours and days for getting a policy for your car, bike, health. Get your car insurance policy issued in just 5 minutes with InsuranceDekho with our easy, quick and documentation-free policy issuance process.
- Over 3 Lakh Policies Sold
InsuranceDekho is a favourable choice among insurance buyers. Our transparent and quick process, availability of top-rated insurers and our dedicated customer support team has helped us serve and delight more than 3 lakh customers.
- Dedicated Support Team
Our dedicated customer support team is available at your service all the 7 days of the week. Feel free to reach out to us for any insurance related assistance, be it related policy purchase or claim settlement, we are always there to help you.
Find Right Cars By Body Type
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyundai Grand i10 Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyundai Elite i20 Insurance Quotes →
- View Renault KWID Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti Wagon R Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Quotes →
- View Honda City Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Quotes →
- View Honda Amaze Insurance Quotes →
- View Honda Civic Insurance Quotes →
- View Toyota Yaris Insurance Quotes →
- View MG Hector Insurance Quotes →
- View Kia Seltos Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyundai Venue Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti Vitara Brezza Insurance Quotes →
- View Land Rover Range Rover Insurance Quotes →
- View Toyota Fortuner Insurance Quotes →
- View Renault Triber Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Quotes →
- View Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance Quotes →
- View Mahindra Marazzo Insurance Quotes →
- View Tata Hexa Insurance Quotes →
- View Land Rover Range Rover Velar Insurance Quotes →
- View BMW X1 Insurance Quotes →
- View Volvo XC40 Insurance Quotes →
- View Audi A3 Insurance Quotes →
- View Audi Q3 Insurance Quotes →
- View Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Insurance Quotes →
- Thank you for your support and timely follow up.SRIKANT KUMAR SAHUChevrolet Beat, Ganjam17th September, 2019
- Your sales team is good and knowledgeable.KanaiyalalBajaj Bajaj Discover 100, Navsari16th September, 2019
- Good experience, very easy to get one's vehicle insured online.VIKRAM KUMARHonda Shine, Gaya14th September, 2019
- The team is cooperative and the services offered are good and also the premium amount is reasonable.MUKESHTVS TVS Jupiter, Hisar13th September, 2019
- InsuranceDekho is just awesome. You saved 50% of my insurance premium.KARTHICK SBajaj Bajaj Discover 135, Chennai13th September, 2019
- Thank you to your executive Shefali. It was very easy to select and compare insurance policies here.PANKAJ BHANUDAS SELKARMaruti Maruti A Star, Nagpur13th September, 2019
- Aditya Jaiswal is great sales man. He helped me with his good skills.THAKUR RAMAN KUMARHyundai i10, Pune13th September, 2019
- It was a great experience with InsuranceDekho. The agent Manisha Punia provided end to end support throughout for the policy. I would surely recommend InsuranceDekho to others. Cheers 👍KAMAL LALWANIHonda Honda Dio, Jaipur13th September, 2019
- Good service, good support, good team as well as good communication.POONAM SINGHRoyal Enfield Royal Enfield Royal Enfield Classic 350, Pali12th September, 2019
- Customer can easily do their insurance here. The portal is very comfortable with ease of access.DIVYAVANI VILLURITVS TVS Jupiter, Bangalore12th September, 2019
What is Car Insurance?
Car insurance is a contract between a car owner and an insurance company wherein the latter promises to protect your car from unforeseen financial losses arising from unexpected events such as a road accident, theft, fire, natural calamities, vandalism and other such scenarios. In return for this promise, the car owner pays an amount known as car insurance premium to the insurance company.There are two types of car insurance - Third Party Car Insurance Policy and Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy.
A comprehensive car insurance policy is a cover under which the insurance company is liable to pay for damages caused to third party property and life (including death) by the insured car as well as for the damages incurred by the insured vehicle. It insures your car from road accidents, theft, natural calamities, fire, explosion, self-ignition or lightning, terrorist activity, damage in transit by road, rail, inland waterway, lift, elevator as well as air.
As per the Motor Vehicles Act, a third party insurance policy is a mandatory requirement if you want to drive a car in India. Under this cover, the insurance company is liable to pay for damages caused to third party property and life (including death) by the insured car. It does not provide insurance for damages incurred by the insured vehicle.
Car Insurance FAQs
Is Car Insurance mandatory?
Yes. As per the Motor Vehicles Act, it is mandatory for car owners to have a valid third party car insurance in place for being able to drive their vehicle in India.
How much fine do I have to pay in case I do not have a Car Insurance?
It is illegal to drive a car without a valid insurance (at least third-party cover) and may attract a fine of up to Rs. 2,000 or imprisonment for three months or both.
Is the person driving a car insured under the car insurance policy?
A car insurance policy only insures the car. It does not insure the driver of the car. Thus, to get the driver of the car insured against personal injuries/permanent disablement/death, you are required to purchase a Personal Accident cover with your comprehensive car insurance policy.
What is No Claim Bonus?
No Claim Bonus is a discount offered by the insurer on the Own Damage premium to the policyholder as an incentive for not making a claim during the entire policy period. It is offered at the time of renewal of a car insurance policy. The NCB discount percentage ranges between 20%-50% depending on the number of claim-free years.
What is IDV?
Insured Declared Value (IDV) is the insured value of the vehicle that is decided at the beginning of a policy period by the insurer.This is useful incase of Total Loss or Theft of your vehicle as insurer decides the claim amount on the basis of vehicle’s IDV.
What is Road Side Assistance?
Road Side Assistance is an add-on that can be coupled with a comprehensive car insurance cover for an additional premium. It offers prompt assistance in case of vehicle breakdown, towing, tyre replacement, fuel replacement and others.
Why should i buy a Car Insurance policy online?
Buying a car insurance policy online saves you from the hassle of standing in queues and doing tons of paperwork. Purchase of a car insurance online also allows you to compare premium quotes from different insurance providers and select the one which best suits you.
Latest News Articles
- Read More →
*Terms and conditions apply. Offer available on select models/makes only. Girnar Insurance Brokers Private Limited, 4th Floor, Tower B, Emaar Digital Greens, Golf Course Extension Road, Sector-61, Gurugram-122012, Haryana.IRDAI License no 588, helpline no 7551196989. For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, please read the sales brochure carefully before concluding a sale.