What is your car's brand?
How to Buy Car Insurance Online?
- Fill Your Car Details
Provide your car details such as the make, model, etc, and get insurance quotes instantly from top car insurance companies.
- Compare Car Insurance Quotes
From all the available premium quotes, select the one which suits your budget & requirements in the best manner to choose a right plan.
- Make Payment Online
Pay car insurance premium online and get your policy document instantly in your inbox.
Why Choose InsuranceDekho for Car Insurance Online?
- 5 Minutes Car Policy Issuance
Forget waiting for hours & days for getting a car insurance policy. Get your car insurance policy issued in just 5 minutes with our easy, quick and documentation-free policy issuance process.
- Over 3 Lakh Policies Sold
InsuranceDekho is a favourable choice among insurance buyers. Our transparent and quick process, availability of top-rated insurers and our dedicated customer support team has helped us serve and delight more than 3 lakh customers.
- Dedicated Support Team
Our dedicated car insurance customer support team is available at your service all the 7 days of the week. Feel free to reach out to us for any insurance related assistance, be it related policy purchase or claim settlement.
Find Right Car Insurance Quotes by Cars Body Type
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyundai Elite i20 Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Quotes →
- View Tata Altroz Insurance Quotes →
- View Renault KWID Insurance Quotes →
- View Tata Tiago Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Quotes →
- View Honda City 4th Generation Insurance Quotes →
- View Honda City Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Quotes →
- View Honda Amaze Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyundai Aura Insurance Quotes →
- View Kia Seltos Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyundai Venue Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyundai Creta Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti Vitara Brezza Insurance Quotes →
- View Tata Nexon Insurance Quotes →
- View Mahindra Thar Insurance Quotes →
- View Renault Triber Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Quotes →
- View Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Quotes →
- View Mahindra Marazzo Insurance Quotes →
- View Datsun GO Plus Insurance Quotes →
- View Land Rover Range Rover Insurance Quotes →
- View Land Rover Range Rover Velar Insurance Quotes →
- View Audi A6 Insurance Quotes →
- View Volvo XC90 Insurance Quotes →
- View Land Rover Discovery Insurance Quotes →
- View BMW 3 Series Insurance Quotes →
Customer's Speak3269 Reviews
- The InsuranceDekho team guided me well to buy a HDFC ERGO insurance policy due to its wide network of garages across the nation, which easily assisted me get my TVS Apache bike repaired at a nearby garage without paying anything after meeting an accident.Availability of cashless garagesHdfc Ergo11th August, 2020
- InsuranceDekho’s team advised me to buy an ICICI Lombard car insurance cover as it has a great network of cashless garages. And I am thankful to them for this suggestion as the policy proved to be most beneficial for me at the time of accident.Good network of garagesIcici Lombard11th August, 2020
- Buying a Liberty General car insurance policy online at InsuranceDekho for my Honda City car was a very smooth and easy process. I contacted the customer care executives on their toll-free number and shared my needs. They helped me buy it online within a few minutes.Smooth and easy process of buying insurance onlineLiberty11th August, 2020
- I wanted to purchase a car insurance policy for my Toyota yaris car and therefore visited the website of InsuranceDekho for the same. I was able to navigate their website and select the most suitable product for my car. I chose Future Generali’s policy and I am satisfied.Website is very easy to navigateFuture Generali11th August, 2020
- I was looking for an affordable policy for my Renault Kwid car and therefore contacted the team at InsuranceDekho for that. I really liked their services and would like to thank them for suggesting Kotak General’s policy. The policy is amazing and offers me many benefits.Liked the services of InsuranceDekhoKotak11th August, 2020
- I have a car insurance policy of New India insurance for my Honda Amaze car that I bought at InsuranceDekho. I was able to avail the insurance benefits only because of the great customer support of the InsuranceDekho team.Great customer supportNew India11th August, 2020
- I have a Bharti AXA insurance policy that I bought at InsuranceDekho for my Hyundai Creta car. Their customer support is amazing and the team helped me a lot in understanding and making the best use of policy Benefits. Also, the buying process was smooth.Amazing customer supportBharti Axa11th August, 2020
- The team of InsuranceDekho advised me to buy a Royal Sundaram car insurance policy as it has a strong network of garages. This feature really helped me a lot to get my Honda Amaze car repaired easily after a mishap. I didn’t pay anything at the garage.Good number of garagesRoyal Sundaram11th August, 2020
- My Reliance car insurance policy that I purchased from InsuranceDekho for my Honda Amaze car offers me many benefits. I am very much satisfied with the services of InsuranceDekho as well as the policy benefits. I have not made a claim yet but read the reviews about its smooth claim settlement process.Policy offers many benefitsReliance11th August, 2020
- I contacted the team at InsuranceDekho to renew my Tata AIG car insurance policy that I bought from them for my Honda City car last month. They offered great help. I was able to renew my policy within a few minutes for which I thank the team.Really helpful team at InsuranceDekhoTata Aig11th August, 2020
What is Car Insurance?
Car insurance is a contract between a car owner and an insurance company wherein the latter promises to protect the former’s car from unforeseen financial losses arising from unexpected events such as a road accident, theft, fire, natural calamities, vandalism and other such scenarios. In return for this promise, the car owner pays an amount known as car insurance premium to the insurance company.There are three types of car insurance - Third Party Car Insurance Policy, Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy and Standalone Own-Damage Car Insurance Policy. As per the Indian Motor Tariff, every car owner in India is mandatorily required to own at least a third party car insurance policy. Driving a car without a valid third party car insurance policy is a legal offence in India which attracts a fine of Rs. 2,000 and/or imprisonment of up to 3 months.
Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
A comprehensive car insurance policy is a cover under which the four wheeler insurance company is liable to pay for damages caused to the third party property and life (including death) by the insured’s car as well as for the own damages sustained by the insured’s car. In addition to road accidents, the plan covers damages incurred during natural calamities, man-made disasters, fire, explosion, self-ignition or lightning, theft, terrorist activity, damage in transit by road, rail, inland waterway, lift, elevator as well as air. A policyholder can extend the coverage of a comprehensive car insurance plan with the help of add-on covers such as zero depreciation cover, engine cover, roadside assistance cover. You're already paying for car insurance for third-party cover. It makes better sense in spending a little extra to cover a whole list of possible accident situations.
Third Party Car Insurance Policy
As per the Motor Vehicles Act, a third party insurance policy is a mandatory requirement if you want to drive a car in India. Under this cover, the four wheeler insurance company is liable to pay for the bodily injuries, permanent/temporary liability, total/partial liability, as well as death of the third party caused by an accident involving the insured’s car. The third party policy also provides coverage for property damage incurred by the third party up to Rs. 7.5 lakh. The plan does not provide coverage for damages incurred by the insured car. With a third party car insurance plan, a policyholder can also purchase a legal liability cover of up to Rs. 2 lakh for a hired driver of the insured's car against an extra premium. A personal accident cover of up to Rs. 2 lakh can also be purchased for the unnamed passengers of the insured's car with this plan.
Standalone Own-Damage Car Insurance Policy
In September 2019, IRDAI introduced the standalone own-damage car insurance policy. Under this plan, you get insurance coverage only for the own-damages sustained by your four wheeler in a road accident, natural/man-made calamity, fire, explosion, theft or any other mishap. A standalone own-damage car insurance policy aims at offering you the flexibility in terms of the insurer you want to choose. In order to stay compliant with the rules of the Indian Motor Tariff, you can purchase a third party car insurance policy either from the same insurance company or a different one.
Car Insurance FAQs
Is Car Insurance mandatory?
Yes. As per the Motor Vehicles Act, it is mandatory for car owners to have a valid third party car insurance in place for being able to drive their vehicle in India.
How much fine do I have to pay in case I do not have a Car Insurance?
It is illegal to drive a car without a valid insurance (at least third-party cover) and may attract a fine of up to Rs. 2,000 or imprisonment for three months or both.
Is the person driving a car insured under the car insurance policy?
A car insurance policy only insures the car. It does not insure the driver of the car. Thus, to get the driver of the car insured against personal injuries/permanent disablement/death, you are required to purchase a Personal Accident cover with your comprehensive car insurance policy.
What is No Claim Bonus?
No Claim Bonus is a discount offered by the insurer on the Own Damage premium to the policyholder as an incentive for not making a claim during the entire policy period. It is offered at the time of renewal of a car insurance policy. The NCB discount percentage ranges between 20%-50% depending on the number of claim-free years.
What is IDV?
Insured Declared Value (IDV) is the insured value of the vehicle that is decided at the beginning of a policy period by the insurer.This is useful incase of Total Loss or Theft of your vehicle as insurer decides the claim amount on the basis of vehicle’s IDV.
What is Road Side Assistance?
Road Side Assistance is an add-on that can be coupled with a comprehensive car insurance cover for an additional premium. It offers prompt assistance in case of vehicle breakdown, towing, tyre replacement, fuel replacement and others.
Why should i buy a Car Insurance policy online?
Buying a car insurance policy online saves you from the hassle of standing in queues and doing tons of paperwork. Purchase of a four wheeler insurance online also allows you to compare premium quotes from different insurance providers and select the one which best suits you.
Latest Car Insurance News
- Read More →
- Read More →
*Standard T&C Apply. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, please read the sales brochure of respective insurers carefully before concluding a sale. Girnar Insurance Brokers Private Limited, 4th Floor, Tower B, Emaar Digital Greens, Golf Course Extension Road, Sector-61, Gurugram-122102, Haryana. IRDAI License no 588. Direct Broker (General Insurance) valid till 19th March 2023. Email -email@example.com.