What is your car's brand?
How to Buy Car Insurance Policy Online?
- Fill Your Car Details
Provide your car details such as the make, model, etc, and get insurance quotes instantly from top car insurance companies.
- Compare Car Insurance
From all the available insurance premium, select the one which suits your budget & requirements in the best manner to choose a right plan.
- Make Payment Online
Pay car insurance premium online and get your policy document instantly in your inbox.
Benefits of Buying Online Car Insurance Policy
- Car Insurance Policy in 5 minutes
Forget waiting for hours & days for getting a car insurance policy. Get your car insurance policy issued in just 5 minutes with our easy, quick and documentation-free policy issuance process.
- Over 3 Lakh Policies Sold
InsuranceDekho is a favourable choice among insurance buyers. Our transparent and quick process, availability of top-rated insurers and our dedicated customer support team has helped us serve and delight more than 3 lakh customers.
- Dedicated Support Team
Our dedicated car insurance customer support team is available at your service all the 7 days of the week. Feel free to reach out to us for any insurance related assistance, be it related policy purchase or claim settlement.
Find Right Car Insurance Quotes by Cars Body Type
- View Tata Altroz Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Elite i20 Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Quotes
- View Renault KWID Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Grand i10 Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City 4th Generation Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Aura Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Amaze Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Urban Cruiser Insurance Quotes
- View Kia Sonet Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Thar Insurance Quotes
- View Kia Seltos Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Creta Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Venue Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance Quotes
- View Renault Triber Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Marazzo Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Vellfire Insurance Quotes
- View Land Rover Range Rover Insurance Quotes
- View BMW X5 Insurance Quotes
- View Audi A6 Insurance Quotes
- View BMW 3 Series Insurance Quotes
- View Land Rover Range Rover Velar Insurance Quotes
- View Audi Q8 Insurance Quotes
Customer's Speak3808 Reviews
- Policy in a few clicksInsuranceDekho is a great website. I got my Mahindra Xylo insured under Liberty through this platform. I didn't have to ...LibertyBy Deepshikha PrasadOn:21st October, 2020
- Quick serviceThe procedures of InsuranceDekho are quick and simple. All I had to do was fill in a few details of my Ford Fusion wit a...Future GeneraliBy Deepali BeraOn:21st October, 2020
- Chatbox is helpfulI wanted to buy the Kotak car insurance policy for my Mahindra Willys. My friend suggested InsuranceDekho but I did not ...KotakBy Chetan KumarOn:21st October, 2020
- Time-saving renewalRenewal of my New India car insurance policy for my Hyundai Elantra was done seamlessly with the help of InsuranceDekho....New IndiaBy Tamal BanerjeeOn:21st October, 2020
- Swift paymentThe best thing about InsuranceDekho is its flexibility in paying methods. I used my debit card to pay for my DHFL car in...DhflBy Sachin SharmaOn:21st October, 2020
- Amazing guidanceI must admit that without the guidance from InsuranceDekho, I would not have successfully purchased my Bharti AXA insura...Bharti AxaBy Sourima Paul On:21st October, 2020
- Maximum supportI wanted to learn more about how insurance works. So, I called InsuranceDekho’s support team and they helped me with the...Royal SundaramBy Aparna Patra On:21st October, 2020
- Transparent serviceI got my Tata Tiago Reliance car insurance policy issued immediately on InsuranceDekho.com. I was amazed at the transpar...RelianceBy Deb MukherjeeOn:21st October, 2020
- Easy on the budget optionsThanks to InsuranceDekho, I got numerous car insurance policy options for my Volkswagen Polo GTI. I wanted an affordable...Tata AigBy Jadav RoyOn:21st October, 2020
- Policy issuance in a jiffyI visited insurancedekho.com to get a car insurance policy suitable for me. I checked some quote premiums for my Skoda R...DigitBy Moumita PathakOn:21st October, 2020
Car insurance is a contract between a car owner and an insurance company wherein the insurance company promises to protect the car owner from financial losses relating to his/her car arising due to a misfortunate event like a road accident, theft, fire, natural calamities, man-made calamities, vandalism, etc. In return for this promise, the car owner pays an amount known as car insurance premium to the insurance company. There are three types of car insurance in India namely Third Party Car Insurance Policy, Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy, and Standalone Own-Damage Car Insurance Policy. As per the Indian Motor Tariff, it is mandatory for every car owner in India to own at least a third party car insurance policy. Driving a car without a valid third party car insurance policy is a legal offense in India which attracts a fine of Rs. 2,000 and/or imprisonment of up to 3 months. An insurance cover for the own-damage of the car is not mandatory, but a recommended cover. This is because it protects the insured from financial losses in case of damage(s) caused to his/her vehicle due to an accident. A comprehensive car insurance policy offers the benefit of both third party car insurance policy as well as standalone own-damage car insurance policy. Which means, it provides the policyholder with complete coverage. The coverage of a car insurance policy can be extended with the help of add-on covers. A car insurance add-on is an extra cover that provides additional coverage to the insured’s car. One of the most popular car insurance add-ons is a zero depreciation cover. By default, the cost of depreciation incurred by a car is not covered under a car insurance plan. However, by opting for a nil depreciation cover, a policyholder can get his/her car covered against depreciation and save a lot of money. Similarly, there are other useful add-ons like car engine cover, tyre cover, roadside assistance, etc. Car insurance plans have a expiry day. Usually, they continue a year till you've bought a longterm policy. Driving car without a valid insurance policy is actually just a legal offence, so thus you should never let your policy lapse and drive.
Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
Comprehensive car insurance policy is a cover under which the four wheeler insurance company is liable to pay for damages caused to the third party property and life (including death) by the insured’s car as well as for the own damages sustained by the insured’s car. A comprehensive car insurance policy offers the most extensive coverage to the policyholder. In addition to road accidents, the policy covers damages incurred during natural calamities, man-made disasters, fire, explosion, self-ignition or lightning, theft, terrorist activity, damage in transit by road, rail, inland waterway, lift, elevator as well as air. A policyholder can extend the coverage of a comprehensive car insurance plan with the help of add-on covers such as zero depreciation cover, engine cover, roadside assistance cover that one can purchase voluntarily by paying an extra premium. You are already paying for car insurance for third-party cover. It makes better sense in spending a little extra to cover a whole list of possible accident situations. It is true that a comprehensive car insurance policy offers a wider coverage than a third party car insurance policy or a standalone own-damage car insurance policy, but it is not necessary that a comprehensive health insurance policy will always be as expensive as it has benefits which make its premium worth it.
Third Party Car Insurance Policy
Third party car insurance policy is a mandatory requirement for driving a car in India. Under this cover, the four wheeler insurance company is liable to pay for the bodily injuries, permanent/temporary liability, total/partial liability, as well as death of the third party caused by an accident involving the insured’s car. Also known as third-party liability insurance, the third party car insurance policy provides coverage for property damage incurred by the third party up to Rs. 7.5 lakh. The policy does not provide coverage for damages incurred by the insured car. With a third party car insurance plan, a policyholder can also purchase a legal liability cover of up to Rs. 2 lakh for a hired driver of the insured's car against an extra premium. A personal accident cover of up to Rs. 2 lakh can also be purchased for the unnamed passengers of the insured's car with this plan. If caught without the mandatory third party cover, then the driver will be punished with a fine of Rs. 2,000 and/or imprisonment for up to 3 months. So, a third party car insurance policy not only saves the policyholder from losses in times of a misfortune event, but also enables him/her to drive legally on the Indian roads.
Standalone Own-Damage Car Insurance Policy
In September 2019, Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) introduced the standalone own-damage car insurance policy. Under this plan, the insured gets insurance coverage only for the own-damages sustained by his/her four wheeler in a road accident, natural/man-made calamity, fire, explosion, theft or any other mishap. A standalone own-damage car insurance policy aims at offering the insured the flexibility in terms of the insurer they want to choose. In order to stay compliant with the rules of the Indian Motor Tariff, one can purchase a third party car insurance policy either from the same insurance company or a different one. The insured can extend coverage by purchasing add-on cover(s) along with a standalone own-damage car insurance policy. These may include zero depreciation cover, No Claim Bonus (NCB), emergency assistance cover, return to invoice, engine and gearbox protector, key replacement cover, loss of use-downtime protection and cost of consumable items. Even with add-on cover(s), a standalone own-damage car insurance policy can be purchased at competitive premium.
Car Insurance Policy FAQs
What is Car Insurance Policy?
Car Insurance is a contract between a car owner and an insurance company wherein the latter promises to protect the former’s car from unforeseen financial losses arising from unexpected events such as a road accident, theft, fire, natural calamities, vandalism and other such scenarios. In return for this promise, the car owner pays an amount known as car insurance premium to the insurance company.
Why should I need a car insurance policy?
You should buy a car insurance as according to the Indian Motor Tariff, it is a mandatory requirement for every car owner for being able to drive the vehicle legally in the country. Besides legal compliance, a car insurance policy also provides you with financial stability if your car meets an accident in the future.
What are the different types of car insurance policy in India?
There are 3 types of car insurance policies in India namely third party car insurance policy, standalone own damage car insurance policy, and comprehensive car insurance policy. While a third party/liability only provides coverage for third party liabilities only, a standalone own damage cover takes care of the own-damages incurred by your car only. A comprehensive car insurance policy is a bundled cover which provides coverage for both own damages as well as for third party liabilities.
How much is car insurance policy premium?
Third party car insurance is fixed by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India as per the engine capacity of the car. However, the premium for standalone own damage and comprehensive car insurance vary from car owner to car owner. The own-damage premium depends on a number of factors such as RTO location, Make, Model, and Variant of the car, engine capacity, registration city, fuel type, etc.
What if my car insurance policy gets expired?
Every car insurance comes with a validity period, post which you need to renew it to continue to enjoy its benefits. However, even if you miss to get your car insurance plan renewed by the expiry date, you can still get it renewed till the next 90 days from the date of expiry. After the expiry of this 90-day period, a car insurance policy cannot be renewed. In such a case, you need to purchase a new car insurance policy.
How to find my car insurance policy number?
Car insurance policy number is a unique 8 to 10 digit number, given by your car insurance company for the identification of your insurance account. It is generally written on your insurance card or statements issued by the insurance company. The number remains the same as long as your policy is active with the respective insurance provider.
Which is best car insurance policy in India 2020?
Best insurance company varies from policyholder to policyholder depending on their requirements such as type of plan, add-on covers, customer support service, etc. However, one reliable parameter to compare different insurance companies for cars is the Claim Settlement Ratio (CSR). A Claim Settlement Ratio refers to the percentage of claims settled by a car insurance company out of the total number of claims received by it during a financial year. The higher the claim settlement ratio, the better it is.
Car Insurance News
- Roadside Assistance Add On Cover In Car Insurance ...
Get 24×7 benefit cover o having a roadside assistance cover ...21 October 2020
- Small Repair Claim Add-on for Car Insurance
Small repair claim add-on helps for minor damages which is a...21 October 2020
- Does A Car Insurance Policy Cover Fire Damage
Does a car insurance policy cover fire damage? There are a ...21 October 2020
- What To Do If Your Friend Crashes Your Car
It is surely a stressful situation if your car has been cras...20 October 2020
- Why Is Car Insurance Mandatory In India
The government of India made car insurance mandatory as Indi...20 October 2020
- Know Which Are the Best Car Insurance Companies in...
Here is a list of the best car insurers in terms of claim se...20 September 2019
- Which Insurance Company Provides the Cheapest Car ...
Here is a list of car insurance plans available at reasonabl...24 September 2019
- How to Claim Car Insurance After Meeting an Accide...
Browse step by step experts guide on how to make a car insur...23 December 2019
- Is Personal Accident Cover for Owner-Driver Compul...
Every car owner in India is mandatorily required to have a p...09 December 2019
- Things to Know About Multi Year Car Insurance Poli...
There are multiple benefits of a multi year car insurance po...09 January 2020
*Standard T&C Apply. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, please read the sales brochure of respective insurers carefully before concluding a sale. Girnar Insurance Brokers Private Limited, 11th Floor, Tower B, Emaar Digital Greens, Golf Course Extension Road, Sector-61, Gurugram-122102, Haryana. IRDAI License no 588. Direct Broker (General Insurance) valid till 19th March 2023. Email - email@example.com.