How to buy Car Insurance online?
- Fill in your Car Details
Provide your car details such as the make, model, etc, and get insurance quotes instantly from top insurance companies.
- Compare Quotes and Choose a Plan
From all the available premium quotes, select the one which suits your budget and requirements in the best manner.
- Make Payment online
Pay online and get your policy document instantly in your inbox.
Add-ons For Your Car Insurance Policy
- Zero Depreciation
A car's value depreciates constantly with time. Thus, at the time of a claim settlement, the depreciated value of a car is deducted from the claim amount. However, by opting for a zero depreciation add-on you can shift the liability of the depreciation cost to the insurer and get the entire claim amount without any deduction of the depreciation sum. This add-on is generally available till the age of 5 years of car, however, the car age limit varies from insurer to insurer.
- NCB Cover
A No Claim Bonus (NCB) is a discount given by the insurer in the premium amount to a car insurance policy holder for not making a claim in the entire tenure of the motor insurance policy. This discount is not available if the policy holder has made even a single claim. However, with the NCB cover, a policyholder will be entitled to receive an NCB discount despite having made a claim subject terms and conditions of insurance company. The NCB discount keeps on increasing with every claim-free year until it reaches 50%.
- Engine Protection Cover
A car's engine is not covered under a comprehensive car insurance policy. And therefore, if it gets damaged due to floods or water-logging, an insurance company is not liable to pay for its damages. But, if you opt for an Engine cover, you can get your car’s engine insured by the insurer.
- Invoice Cover
If you have a return to invoice cover added on to your comprehensive car insurance policy, you can claim the total ex-showroom price of your car, taxes and registration charges, in case of total loss.
Benefits of InsuranceDekho
- 5 Minutes Policy Issuance
Forget waiting for hours and days for getting a policy for your car, bike, health. Get your car insurance policy issued in just 5 minutes with InsuranceDekho with our easy, quick and documentation-free policy issuance process.
- Over 3 Lakh Policies Sold
InsuranceDekho is a favourable choice among insurance buyers. Our transparent and quick process, availability of top-rated insurers and our dedicated customer support team has helped us serve and delight more than 3 lakh customers.
- Dedicated Support Team
Our dedicated customer support team is available at your service all the 7 days of the week. Feel free to reach out to us for any insurance related assistance, be it related policy purchase or claim settlement, we are always there to help you.
Find Right Cars By Body Type
- View Renault KWID Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyundai Elite i20 Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyundai Grand i10 Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti Wagon R Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Quotes →
- View Honda City Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Quotes →
- View Honda Amaze Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti Ciaz Insurance Quotes →
- View Honda Civic Insurance Quotes →
- View Kia Seltos Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyundai Venue Insurance Quotes →
- View Mahindra Scorpio Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti Vitara Brezza Insurance Quotes →
- View MG Hector Insurance Quotes →
- View Toyota Fortuner Insurance Quotes →
- View Renault Triber Insurance Quotes →
- View Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Quotes →
- View Mahindra Marazzo Insurance Quotes →
- View Mahindra Xylo Insurance Quotes →
- View BMW X1 Insurance Quotes →
- View Land Rover Range Rover Velar Insurance Quotes →
- View Audi A3 Insurance Quotes →
- View Audi Q3 Insurance Quotes →
- View Audi Q7 Insurance Quotes →
- View Volvo XC40 Insurance Quotes →
- After contacting the customer service of Insurance Dekho I was very glad to choose this platform as the executives did a great job at understanding my needs and also provided me a plan to fit my budget.Wafiq TanejaTata Aig16th January, 2020
- Insurance dekho is constantly helping me to perform all the steps involved in the entire policy period. It has been my companion since the first time i decided to take a policy for my car.Rudra Agarwal Edelweiss16th January, 2020
- The platform will help you get all the information about the car insurance policies offered by the top insurers in the market. It has all the information in all the dimensions that a policy contains. Very informative and trustworthy. Because of all these qualities, I strongly recommend this website for insurance.Anil SahuSbi16th January, 2020
- The customer executive of insurance dekho helped me performing every step of my car renewal process. You need not worry if you have their assistance. Such helpful and full of knowledge executives.Ashu SinghUniversal Sompo16th January, 2020
- If you need to get an answer for your current car insurance policy you can contact the customer service. They will help you get quick resolution to all your questions. They are a perfect guide.Manoj RawaniShriram16th January, 2020
- I got my car insurance policy before I took it on the road. I contact Insurance Dekho the same day I purchased my car. It was an easy and quick process. I am very happy with the service so far.Sourabh KumarLiberty16th January, 2020
- It is very easy to make payment for your car insurance on this website. It is quick and does not involve multiple processes. I refer it as here you can easily make payment through your debit/credit card or net banking.Subroto MukherjeeRaheja Qbe16th January, 2020
- InsuranceDekho identifies the needs of the customers and present insurance plans based on that. You do not need to choose among thousands of them, but the platform will help you choose one for you. It worked like magic for me.Ananya GhoshMagma16th January, 2020
- Insurance dekho is quite a beneficial website for all of us who are purchasing car insurance for the first time. The website is full of all the information that is important for every customer to know before taking an insurance policy. All the information is quite authentic so you do not need to worry.Raghu BohraCholamandalam16th January, 2020
- I received the best solution regarding car insurance by paying a minimal amount on the website of Insurance Dekho. Moreover, the payment process was very quick and simple and I was provided with the most suitable solution within seconds after I made the payment.Kalpana MishraUnited India16th January, 2020
What is Car Insurance?
Car insurance is a contract between a car owner and an insurance company wherein the latter promises to protect your car from unforeseen financial losses arising from unexpected events such as a road accident, theft, fire, natural calamities, vandalism and other such scenarios. In return for this promise, the car owner pays an amount known as car insurance premium to the insurance company.There are two types of car insurance - Third Party Car Insurance Policy and Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy.
A comprehensive car insurance policy is a cover under which the insurance company is liable to pay for damages caused to third party property and life (including death) by the insured car as well as for the damages incurred by the insured vehicle. It insures your car from road accidents, theft, natural calamities, fire, explosion, self-ignition or lightning, terrorist activity, damage in transit by road, rail, inland waterway, lift, elevator as well as air.
As per the Motor Vehicles Act, a third party insurance policy is a mandatory requirement if you want to drive a car in India. Under this cover, the insurance company is liable to pay for damages caused to third party property and life (including death) by the insured car. It does not provide insurance for damages incurred by the insured vehicle.
Car Insurance FAQs
Is Car Insurance mandatory?
Yes. As per the Motor Vehicles Act, it is mandatory for car owners to have a valid third party car insurance in place for being able to drive their vehicle in India.
How much fine do I have to pay in case I do not have a Car Insurance?
It is illegal to drive a car without a valid insurance (at least third-party cover) and may attract a fine of up to Rs. 2,000 or imprisonment for three months or both.
Is the person driving a car insured under the car insurance policy?
A car insurance policy only insures the car. It does not insure the driver of the car. Thus, to get the driver of the car insured against personal injuries/permanent disablement/death, you are required to purchase a Personal Accident cover with your comprehensive car insurance policy.
What is No Claim Bonus?
No Claim Bonus is a discount offered by the insurer on the Own Damage premium to the policyholder as an incentive for not making a claim during the entire policy period. It is offered at the time of renewal of a car insurance policy. The NCB discount percentage ranges between 20%-50% depending on the number of claim-free years.
What is IDV?
Insured Declared Value (IDV) is the insured value of the vehicle that is decided at the beginning of a policy period by the insurer.This is useful incase of Total Loss or Theft of your vehicle as insurer decides the claim amount on the basis of vehicle’s IDV.
What is Road Side Assistance?
Road Side Assistance is an add-on that can be coupled with a comprehensive car insurance cover for an additional premium. It offers prompt assistance in case of vehicle breakdown, towing, tyre replacement, fuel replacement and others.
Why should i buy a Car Insurance policy online?
Buying a car insurance policy online saves you from the hassle of standing in queues and doing tons of paperwork. Purchase of a car insurance online also allows you to compare premium quotes from different insurance providers and select the one which best suits you.
Latest News Articles
*Terms and conditions apply. Offer available on select models/makes only. Girnar Insurance Brokers Private Limited, 4th Floor, Tower B, Emaar Digital Greens, Golf Course Extension Road, Sector-61, Gurugram-122102, Haryana.IRDAI License no 588, helpline no 7551196989. For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, please read the sales brochure carefully before concluding a sale.