Which car do you drive?
How to Buy Car Insurance Online?
- Fill Your Car Details
Provide your car details such as the make, model, etc, and get insurance quotes instantly from top car insurance companies.
- Compare Car Insurance Quotes
From all the available premium quotes, select the one which suits your budget & requirements in the best manner to choose a right plan.
- Make Payment Online
Pay car insurance premium online and get your policy document instantly in your inbox.
Add-ons For Your Car Insurance Policy
A car's value depreciates constantly with time. Thus, at the time of a claim settlement, the depreciated value of a car is deducted from the claim amount. However, by opting for a zero depreciation add-on you can shift the liability of the depreciation cost to the insurer and get the entire claim amount without any deduction of the depreciation sum. This add-on is generally available till the age of 5 years of car, however, the car age limit varies from insurer to insurer.
A No Claim Bonus (NCB) is a discount given by the insurer in the premium amount to a car insurance policy holder for not making a claim in the entire tenure of the motor insurance policy. This discount is not available if the policy holder has made even a single claim. However, with the NCB cover, a policyholder will be entitled to receive an NCB discount despite having made a claim subject terms and conditions of insurance company. The NCB discount keeps on increasing with every claim-free year until it reaches 50%.
A car's engine is by default not covered under either a comprehensive or a standalone own-damage car insurance policy. And therefore, if it gets damaged due water-logging or oil leakage, your insurance company is not liable to pay for its damages. But, if you opt for the add-on known as Engine Cover, you can get your car's engine insured by the insurer for damages incurred due to water ingression as well as leakage of lubricants. Engine Cover is one of the most popular car insurance add-ons and is available against the payment of a nominal premium.
If you have a return to invoice cover added on to your comprehensive car insurance policy, you can claim the total ex-showroom price of your car, taxes and registration charges, in case of total loss. In case of total constructive loss (more than 70% of damage) or theft of your car, an insurance company pays the Insured Declared Value (IDV) of your car as compensation. However, this IDV is lesser than the actual amount paid by you at the time of purchasing your car. When you opt for the add-on called Return To Invoice Cover with your car insurance policy, the insurance company pays the total ex-showroom price of your car plus the taxes and registration charges incurred at the time of purchase, as the claim amount in case of total loss.
Why Choose InsuranceDekho for Car Insurance Online?
- 5 Minutes Car Policy Issuance
Forget waiting for hours & days for getting a car insurance policy. Get your car insurance policy issued in just 5 minutes with our easy, quick and documentation-free policy issuance process.
- Over 3 Lakh Policies Sold
InsuranceDekho is a favourable choice among insurance buyers. Our transparent and quick process, availability of top-rated insurers and our dedicated customer support team has helped us serve and delight more than 3 lakh customers.
- Dedicated Support Team
Our dedicated car insurance customer support team is available at your service all the 7 days of the week. Feel free to reach out to us for any insurance related assistance, be it related policy purchase or claim settlement.
Find Right Quotes for Cars by Body Type
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyundai Elite i20 Insurance Quotes →
- View Tata Altroz Insurance Quotes →
- View Renault KWID Insurance Quotes →
- View Tata Tiago Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Quotes →
- View Honda City Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Quotes →
- View Honda Amaze Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyundai Aura Insurance Quotes →
- View New Skoda Rapid Insurance Quotes →
- View Kia Seltos Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyundai Creta Insurance Quotes →
- View Mahindra Scorpio Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyundai Venue Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti Vitara Brezza Insurance Quotes →
- View Tata Harrier Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Quotes →
- View Renault Triber Insurance Quotes →
- View Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Quotes →
- View Mahindra Marazzo Insurance Quotes →
- View Datsun GO Plus Insurance Quotes →
- View Land Rover Range Rover Insurance Quotes →
- View Land Rover Range Rover Velar Insurance Quotes →
- View Audi A6 Insurance Quotes →
- View BMW 3 Series Insurance Quotes →
- View Volvo XC90 Insurance Quotes →
- View Audi Q8 Insurance Quotes →
Customer's Speak2958 Reviews
- InsuranceDekho allowed me to easily find and compare quotes online by following just a few steps. I bought an ICICI Lombard car insurance policy for my Fiat Linea car at an affordable premium.Priyanka BhawserIcici Lombard6th July, 2020
- My Liberty General car insurance policy is really affordable. I bought it for my Honda Jazz car. I thank the team at InsuranceDekho for suggesting this to me.Kriti RathiLiberty6th July, 2020
- I recently made a claim under my Future Generali car insurance policy that I bought from InsuranceDekho for my Volkswagen Vento car. I got the claim settled easily with the help of InsuranceDekho.Sukhwinder SinghFuture Generali6th July, 2020
- Kotak General’s car insurance policy is a highly beneficial product. I bought it from InsuranceDekho for my Volkswagen Polo car and I am satisfied with the product and its benefits.Japman WasonKotak6th July, 2020
- I am really happy with the services offered to me by the customer care executives at InsuranceDekho. I contacted them to purchase a New India car insurance policy for my Maruti Suzuki Baleno car and I liked the suggestion.Ruchi DuttNew India6th July, 2020
- I purchased a DHFL car insurance policy recently for my Maruti Suzuki Baleno car online from InsuranceDekho. The process was smooth and I got a beneficial policy on the recommendation of their team.Alok KhuranaDhfl6th July, 2020
- Buying Royal Sundaram car insurance policy from InsuranceDekho was a good decision. I bought it online for my Skoda Octavia car and really liked the easy process.Gaurav BhatnagarRoyal Sundaram6th July, 2020
- Bharti AXA car insurance policy is the best policy that I could have purchased for my Skoda Rapid car. I really liked the policy benefits and the support I received from the customer care executives at InsuranceDekho.Divyanka GogoiBharti Axa6th July, 2020
- I bought Reliance car insurance in January this year for my Renault Duster car on the suggestion of customer care executives at InsuranceDekho. They are very knowledgeable and recommended the most suitable plan for me.Harshvardhan MalhotraReliance6th July, 2020
- The team at InsuranceDekho is so helpful. I purchased Tata AIG car insurance policy from them for my Renault Kwid and they explained to me all the policy features and benefits over call.Raju GuptaTata Aig6th July, 2020
What is Car Insurance?
Car insurance is a contract between a car owner and an insurance company wherein the latter promises to protect the former’s car from unforeseen financial losses arising from unexpected events such as a road accident, theft, fire, natural calamities, vandalism and other such scenarios. In return for this promise, the car owner pays an amount known as car insurance premium to the insurance company.There are three types of car insurance - Third Party Car Insurance Policy, Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy and Standalone Own-Damage Car Insurance Policy. As per the Indian Motor Tariff, every car owner in India is mandatorily required to own at least a third party car insurance policy. Driving a car without a valid third party car insurance policy is a legal offence in India which attracts a fine of Rs. 2,000 and/or imprisonment of up to 3 months.
Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
A comprehensive car insurance policy is a cover under which the insurance company is liable to pay for damages caused to the third party property and life (including death) by the insured’s car as well as for the own damages sustained by the insured’s car. In addition to road accidents, the plan covers damages incurred during natural calamities, man-made disasters, fire, explosion, self-ignition or lightning, theft, terrorist activity, damage in transit by road, rail, inland waterway, lift, elevator as well as air. A policyholder can extend the coverage of a comprehensive car insurance plan with the help of add-on covers such as zero depreciation cover, engine cover, roadside assistance cover. You're already paying for car insurance for third-party cover. It makes better sense in spending a little extra to cover a whole list of possible accident situations.
Third Party Car Insurance Policy
As per the Motor Vehicles Act, a third party insurance policy is a mandatory requirement if you want to drive a car in India. Under this cover, the insurance company is liable to pay for the bodily injuries, permanent/temporary liability, total/partial liability, as well as death of the third party caused by an accident involving the insured’s car. The third party policy also provides coverage for property damage incurred by the third party up to Rs. 7.5 lakh. The plan does not provide coverage for damages incurred by the insured car. With a third party car insurance plan, a policyholder can also purchase a legal liability cover of up to Rs. 2 lakh for a hired driver of the insured's car against an extra premium. A personal accident cover of up to Rs. 2 lakh can also be purchased for the unnamed passengers of the insured's car with this plan.
Standalone Own-Damage Car Insurance Policy
In September 2019, IRDAI introduced the standalone own-damage car insurance policy. Under this plan, you get insurance coverage only for the own-damages sustained by your car in a road accident, natural/man-made calamity, fire, explosion, theft or any other mishap. A standalone own-damage car insurance policy aims at offering you the flexibility in terms of the insurer you want to choose. In order to stay compliant with the rules of the Indian Motor Tariff, you can purchase a third party car insurance policy either from the same insurance company or a different one.
Car Insurance FAQs
Is Car Insurance mandatory?
������ Yes. As per the Motor Vehicles Act, it is mandatory for car owners to have a valid third party car insurance in place for being able to drive their vehicle in India.
How much fine do I have to pay in case I do not have a Car Insurance?
������ It is illegal to drive a car without a valid insurance (at least third-party cover) and may attract a fine of up to Rs. 2,000 or imprisonment for three months or both.
Is the person driving a car insured under the car insurance policy?
������ A car insurance policy only insures the car. It does not insure the driver of the car. Thus, to get the driver of the car insured against personal injuries/permanent disablement/death, you are required to purchase a Personal Accident cover with your comprehensive car insurance policy.
What is No Claim Bonus?
������ No Claim Bonus is a discount offered by the insurer on the Own Damage premium to the policyholder as an incentive for not making a claim during the entire policy period. It is offered at the time of renewal of a car insurance policy. The NCB discount percentage ranges between 20%-50% depending on the number of claim-free years.
What is IDV?
������ Insured Declared Value (IDV) is the insured value of the vehicle that is decided at the beginning of a policy period by the insurer.This is useful incase of Total Loss or Theft of your vehicle as insurer decides the claim amount on the basis of vehicle’s IDV.
What is Road Side Assistance?
������ Road Side Assistance is an add-on that can be coupled with a comprehensive car insurance cover for an additional premium. It offers prompt assistance in case of vehicle breakdown, towing, tyre replacement, fuel replacement and others.
Why should i buy a Car Insurance policy online?
������ Buying a car insurance policy online saves you from the hassle of standing in queues and doing tons of paperwork. Purchase of a car insurance online also allows you to compare premium quotes from different insurance providers and select the one which best suits you.
Latest Car Insurance News
- Read More →
- Read More →
*Standard T&C Apply. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, please read the sales brochure of respective insurers carefully before concluding a sale. Girnar Insurance Brokers Private Limited, 4th Floor, Tower B, Emaar Digital Greens, Golf Course Extension Road, Sector-61, Gurugram-122102, Haryana. IRDAI License no 588. Direct Broker (General Insurance) valid till 19th March 2023. Email -email@example.com.