How to buy Car Insurance online?
- Fill in your Car Details
Provide your car details such as the make, model, etc, and get insurance quotes instantly from top insurance companies.
- Compare Quotes and Choose a Plan
From all the available premium quotes, select the one which suits your budget and requirements in the best manner.
- Make Payment online
Pay online and get your policy document instantly in your inbox.
Add-ons For Your Car Insurance Policy
- Zero Depreciation
A car's value depreciates constantly with time. Thus, at the time of a claim settlement, the depreciated value of a car is deducted from the claim amount. However, by opting for a zero depreciation add-on you can shift the liability of the depreciation cost to the insurer and get the entire claim amount without any deduction of the depreciation sum. This add-on is generally available till the age of 5 years of car, however, the car age limit varies from insurer to insurer.
- NCB Cover
A No Claim Bonus (NCB) is a discount given by the insurer in the premium amount to a car insurance policy holder for not making a claim in the entire tenure of the motor insurance policy. This discount is not available if the policy holder has made even a single claim. However, with the NCB cover, a policyholder will be entitled to receive an NCB discount despite having made a claim subject terms and conditions of insurance company. The NCB discount keeps on increasing with every claim-free year until it reaches 50%.
- Engine Protection Cover
A car's engine is not covered under a comprehensive car insurance policy. And therefore, if it gets damaged due to floods or water-logging, an insurance company is not liable to pay for its damages. But, if you opt for an Engine cover, you can get your car’s engine insured by the insurer.
- Invoice Cover
If you have a return to invoice cover added on to your comprehensive car insurance policy, you can claim the total ex-showroom price of your car, taxes and registration charges, in case of total loss.
Benefits of InsuranceDekho
- 5 Minutes Policy Issuance
Forget waiting for hours and days for getting a policy for your car, bike, health. Get your car insurance policy issued in just 5 minutes with InsuranceDekho with our easy, quick and documentation-free policy issuance process.
- Over 3 Lakh Policies Sold
InsuranceDekho is a favourable choice among insurance buyers. Our transparent and quick process, availability of top-rated insurers and our dedicated customer support team has helped us serve and delight more than 3 lakh customers.
- Dedicated Support Team
Our dedicated customer support team is available at your service all the 7 days of the week. Feel free to reach out to us for any insurance related assistance, be it related policy purchase or claim settlement, we are always there to help you.
Find Right Quotes for Cars by Body Type
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Quotes →
- View Tata Altroz Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyundai Elite i20 Insurance Quotes →
- View Renault KWID Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyundai Grand i10 Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyundai Aura Insurance Quotes →
- View Honda City Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Quotes →
- View Honda Amaze Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti Ciaz Insurance Quotes →
- View Kia Seltos Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti Vitara Brezza Insurance Quotes →
- View Mahindra Scorpio Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyundai Venue Insurance Quotes →
- View Toyota Fortuner Insurance Quotes →
- View Tata Nexon Insurance Quotes →
- View Renault Triber Insurance Quotes →
- View Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Quotes →
- View Mahindra Marazzo Insurance Quotes →
- View Mahindra Xylo Insurance Quotes →
- View Land Rover Range Rover Insurance Quotes →
- View Audi Q8 Insurance Quotes →
- View BMW X1 Insurance Quotes →
- View Audi A3 Insurance Quotes →
- View Audi Q7 Insurance Quotes →
- View Audi Q3 Insurance Quotes →
Customer's Speak1343 Reviews
- After availing the service of Insurance Dekho, I had to make the final payment through its payment gateway. I used my debit card to make the payment. The payment procedure was glitch-free and secured.Zahir DaraEdelweiss28th February, 2020
- I had to buy a suitable insurance policy for my new car. I visited Insurance Dekho to search for different car insurance policies. It provided me with adequate information to make an informed decision.Prerna UpadhyaySbi28th February, 2020
- I opted to use Insurance Dekho to compare car insurance policies of different insurance providers. It was just because of this site, the process of comparison seemed so easy and quick. I never thought a comparison of policies could be so simple.Radhe LodiUniversal Sompo28th February, 2020
- As one of my friends suggested me to use Insurance Dekho, I visited its site and availed the service. It is a really impressive website. The procedure was transparent. All the steps were clearly mentioned and easy to follow.Marlo GardeShriram28th February, 2020
- As I was going through the information on Insurance Dekho, I found out that I can get quotes for car insurance policies just by selecting the brand and model name from the given list. I received quotes from reputed insurance companies within a few minutes.Anil SharmaLiberty28th February, 2020
- The main problem I had at the time of taking the policy was my budget. I visited the website and they gave me access to the policies within my budget. It helped me a lot to compare and choose the best policy as per my budget.Indrani BajajRaheja Qbe28th February, 2020
- I was a little bit confused about which policy I should take for my car. Then I got to know about Insurance Dekho. I contacted the customer care number. I told them my requirements and they suggested the best policy as per my requirement.Sushmita DevanMagma28th February, 2020
- I did not have much idea about policies and for me, it was a difficult process. But after visiting Insurance Dekho all my problems were solved. The comparison was an easy task as well.Sheetal SamraCholamandalam28th February, 2020
- Insurance Dekho describes the whole policy-taking process in an easy way. I just had to provide the details of my car and the website completed the rest of the procedure. I didn’t have to give much time or effort.Ritika BatraOriental28th February, 2020
- This website has a list of topmost insurance companies. It provides every small detail of those companies. This website helped me a lot at the time of taking an insurance policy for my car.Devika RastogiOriental28th February, 2020
What is Car Insurance?
Car insurance is a contract between a car owner and an insurance company wherein the latter promises to protect your car from unforeseen financial losses arising from unexpected events such as a road accident, theft, fire, natural calamities, vandalism and other such scenarios. In return for this promise, the car owner pays an amount known as car insurance premium to the insurance company.There are two types of car insurance - Third Party Car Insurance Policy and Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy.
A comprehensive car insurance policy is a cover under which the insurance company is liable to pay for damages caused to third party property and life (including death) by the insured car as well as for the damages incurred by the insured vehicle. It insures your car from road accidents, theft, natural calamities, fire, explosion, self-ignition or lightning, terrorist activity, damage in transit by road, rail, inland waterway, lift, elevator as well as air.
As per the Motor Vehicles Act, a third party insurance policy is a mandatory requirement if you want to drive a car in India. Under this cover, the insurance company is liable to pay for damages caused to third party property and life (including death) by the insured car. It does not provide insurance for damages incurred by the insured vehicle.
Car Insurance FAQs
Is Car Insurance mandatory?
Yes. As per the Motor Vehicles Act, it is mandatory for car owners to have a valid third party car insurance in place for being able to drive their vehicle in India.
How much fine do I have to pay in case I do not have a Car Insurance?
It is illegal to drive a car without a valid insurance (at least third-party cover) and may attract a fine of up to Rs. 2,000 or imprisonment for three months or both.
Is the person driving a car insured under the car insurance policy?
A car insurance policy only insures the car. It does not insure the driver of the car. Thus, to get the driver of the car insured against personal injuries/permanent disablement/death, you are required to purchase a Personal Accident cover with your comprehensive car insurance policy.
What is No Claim Bonus?
No Claim Bonus is a discount offered by the insurer on the Own Damage premium to the policyholder as an incentive for not making a claim during the entire policy period. It is offered at the time of renewal of a car insurance policy. The NCB discount percentage ranges between 20%-50% depending on the number of claim-free years.
What is IDV?
Insured Declared Value (IDV) is the insured value of the vehicle that is decided at the beginning of a policy period by the insurer.This is useful incase of Total Loss or Theft of your vehicle as insurer decides the claim amount on the basis of vehicle’s IDV.
What is Road Side Assistance?
Road Side Assistance is an add-on that can be coupled with a comprehensive car insurance cover for an additional premium. It offers prompt assistance in case of vehicle breakdown, towing, tyre replacement, fuel replacement and others.
Why should i buy a Car Insurance policy online?
Buying a car insurance policy online saves you from the hassle of standing in queues and doing tons of paperwork. Purchase of a car insurance online also allows you to compare premium quotes from different insurance providers and select the one which best suits you.
Latest News Articles
*Standard T&C Apply. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, please read the sales brochure of respective insurers carefully before concluding a sale. Girnar Insurance Brokers Private Limited, 4th Floor, Tower B, Emaar Digital Greens, Golf Course Extension Road, Sector-61, Gurugram-122102, Haryana. IRDAI License no 588. Direct Broker (General Insurance) valid till 19th March 2020. Email -email@example.com.