What Are High Security Number Plates?
Published On Apr 06, 2023 10:00 AM By InsuranceDekho
What Are High Security Number Plates?
Table of Contents
- What is a High-Security Number Plate?
- Benefits Of High-Security Number Plate
- What Is a Colour Code for High-Security Number Plate Stickers?
- Process to Apply for a High-Security Number Plate Online
- Process to Check the Status of Your HSRP Number Plate Application Online
- How to Get a Duplicate HSRP Number Plate Online?
Whether we talk about cybercrime or burglary, crimes are increasing daily. Each day, many cars are stolen from numerous regions. Therefore, to promote security, the government of India has introduced a particular type of number plate known as a high-security number plate. This blog post will help you understand the meaning, benefits, and how to apply for a high-security number plate in detail. Read on to find out!
What is a High-Security Number Plate?
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways made it mandatory for all motor vehicles to install high-security number plates in July 2022. These are the electronic aluminium plates that contain the following:
- Ashoka Chakra symbol of 20 mm length and 20 mm width is stamped on the upper-left corner of the registration plate. It is a blue colour symbol that is based on chromium.
- On the left corner of the bottom of the HSRP plate, you can see a unique 10-digit PIN or Permanent Identification Number placed through laser technology.
- State code, district code, and a unique alpha-numeric identification number along with a film at an angle of 45 degrees of the word “INDIA.”
- You can find India’s International Registration Identification Code below the Ashoka Chakra Hologram.
Benefits Of High-Security Number Plate
Listed below are some of the benefits of high-security number plates.
- Easy to Visible Font: Earlier high-security number plates were available in numerous fonts and styles. There was the flexibility to customize the number plates, resulting in the non-visibility of the registration number. However, in an HSRP system, a similar font and style are followed for all the vehicles, making it easier to comprehend.
- Source of Data Storage of the Vehicle: The HSRP number plates are electronically designed, and all the information related to the vehicle such as engine number, chassis number, PUC certificate, and more would be easily accessible. Therefore, in case of theft, your car can be traced easily.
- Authorised Number Plates: You can purchase high-security number plates either from state-authorised vehicle dealers or private sellers. The dealer or seller may ask you to submit the chassis number, engine number, vehicle registration number, and other vehicle information.
- Hedge Against Theft: Unlike old number plates that were easy to remove and change, the high-security number plates are installed with non-reusable and non-removable locks. Therefore, the chances for theft of the number plates of the vehicle are comparatively lower if HSRP number plates are installed.
What Is a Colour Code for High-Security Number Plate Stickers?
In addition to the number plate, you may need to buy an HSRP windshield sticker. The stickers are available in different colour codes at a nominal cost of Rs. 100. You can either buy it separately or along with your HSRP.
The importance of the high-security number plate sticker depends on the following factors:
- The colour codes of the HSRP sticker signify the fuel type of the vehicle.
- Electric vehicles are issued with a green sticker, petrol and CNG vehicles are given blue stickers, and diesel vehicles get an orange sticker.
- Each vehicle has a green line above the sticker denoting the vehicle as a BS6-compliant motor vehicle.
Process to Apply for a High-Security Number Plate Online
Here’s a process that you need to follow to apply for a high-security number plate online in India.
- Browse the official website of Book My HSRP.
- Fill in the required information such as your vehicle number, chassis number, engine number, and other details.
- Complete the captcha code verification and click on the tab.
- Choose the nearest number plate installation centre.
- Book your appointment to get a high-security number plate installed on your vehicle.
- Make a payment to book your slot after verifying all the information submitted by you.
- Download the payment receipt in PDF format.
- Once the high-security number plate is ready, you will be notified through an SMS on the contact information submitted by you.
Process to Check the Status of Your HSRP Number Plate Application Online
Your HSRP application may take some time to process. Meanwhile, during this process, you can know the status of your high-security number plate application online in a few easy steps. The process to check the application status for your HSRP number plate is discussed below.
- Go to the official website of Book My HSRP.
- On the home page, click on the track your order tab.
- Enter the details including your order number and vehicle registration number.
- Complete the verification by adding a captcha code.
- Hit the search button to know the status of your high-security number plate status.
How to Get a Duplicate HSRP Number Plate Online?
You can replace your HSRP plate if it is lost or damaged. All you need to do is visit the website for “Book My HSRP.” However, this feature is only available in certain Indian cities, including Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Daman & Diu, and Andaman and Nicobar Island. The process to get a duplicate high-security number plate online is discussed below.
- Browse the “Book My HSRP” website.
- On the home page, click on “replacement booking.”
- Enter details of your vehicle, such as registration number, engine number, and chassis number.
- Fill in the captcha code for verification and hit “click here.”
- Choose your preferred location to book an appointment.
- Review all the details you submitted and make a fee payment.
- Download the payment receipt for future reference.
In conclusion, high-security number plates are one of the best uses of technology. If you have bought any vehicle after 2019, it will have HSRP plates on it. However, vehicles bought before this year must follow the above process to apply for high-security number plates.