How Do I Get an Online Car Pollution Certificate?
Published On May 16, 2022 11:00 AM By InsuranceDekho
The Pollution Under Control Certificate, or PUC certificate, is a government-issued and regulated certification that is given to a vehicle if its emissions are under allowed emission criteria.
Table of Contents
As a result of climate change and rising pollution levels, it is now nearly mandatory for all cars to carry a pollution control certificate. In India, all automobiles must pass emissions testing in order to comply with government regulations. Failure to deliver the Pollution Under Control (PUC) certificate may result in a fine, and it is your responsibility as a responsible global citizen to maintain your car's emissions under control for the sake of a better future. But first, let's define what a PUC Certificate is. Countries have set emission restrictions for motor vehicles in response to rising pollution levels throughout the world. To comply with the government’s emission requirements, all vehicles and motorcycles registered in India must undergo emission testing. As a result, you must get a Pollution Certificate or PUC Certificate for your car. The appropriate authorities may levy a fee if the emission test certificate is not produced.
Car Pollution Certificate Online
A Pollution Under Control Certificate (PUC) for vehicles is an approved certificate that provides information about your vehicle's emission levels, which must comply with government pollution standards. It is granted by the Government of India after an approved emission testing center, which can be located in most fuel stations across India, has checked your car's emission level. According to the Central Motor Vehicles Act of 1989, automobile owners must keep a PUC Certificate in their vehicle at all times. Obtaining a PUC certificate in India is pretty simple and can be done without much difficulty; in this post, we will show you how to do so by following the procedures outlined below.
If you choose not to use the offline approach, you may alternatively have your pollution levels measured online.
- www.parivahan.gov.in is the official website of the Ministry of Transport and Highways of the Government of India.
- Go to the Parivahan area of the website.
- Fill in your vehicle's registration number as well as the last five digits of the chassis number.
- Click on 'PUC Details' after entering the security code.
- You will be transferred to a separate website where you may examine the emission test result and other data if you have an active PUC certificate.
- To get a tangible copy of the result, click on 'Print' or 'Download'.
To receive a PUC Certificate over the mail, you must:
- Take your vehicle to an emission testing center, a gas station, a licensed auto emission testing center with a computerized capability, or a fuel station anywhere in India.
- Check the number of emissions in your exhaust pipe with a gadget.
- Make the needed payment.
- You will be given a PUC certificate as well as a test reading.
These are the two ways that a person can obtain a Pollution Under Control Certificate. You have the option of obtaining it either offline or online, but you must submit it as instructed. However, just because you have a PUC certificate does not imply you are free of all duties. A car insurance policy is just as necessary as a PUC certificate, and you should take extra precautions to protect your vehicle from unexpected incidents. You must obtain a pollution certificate for your car as a responsible citizen of the country. However, before you receive a pollution certificate for your bike or automobile, you should learn more about the environmentally conscious certificate.
Also read - Car Insurance Coverage for Drivers and Passengers