CNG Kit Installation: Everything You Need to Know
Published On Mar 31, 2022 10:00 AM By InsuranceDekho
With rising fuel prices, a cost-effective solution such as compressed natural gas (CNG) appears to be the best option.
Table of Contents
- Everything You Need to Know About CNG Kit Installation
- 1. It's Possible that a CNG Kit won't Work in Your Current Vehicle
- 2. Upkeep and Installation CNG Kits are Expensive
- 3. Installing a CNG kit in your Vehicle is Environmentally Friendly
- 4. CNG Isn't Found at Every Gas Station
- 5. Your Car Insurance Premiums may Rise
- 6. Your Car Insurance Claim Eligibility May Be Affected by a Change in Fuel Type
- 7. It will assist you in Saving Money in the Long Run
- 8. It may have a Negative Impact on the Performance of Your Vehicle
- Take Away
With rising fuel prices, a cost-effective solution such as compressed natural gas (CNG) appears to be the best option. If you want to use CNG, there are two scenarios where you may do so. The first instance is when purchasing a new automobile. This is the most straightforward choice since you'll get a car with a CNG kit already installed. Installing a CNG kit into an existing vehicle is the second option. Before you install a CNG kit in your automobile, there are a few things you should know.
Everything You Need to Know About CNG Kit Installation
1. It's Possible that a CNG Kit won't Work in Your Current Vehicle
Before purchasing a CNG kit, check to see if your vehicle is capable of running on it. Not all vehicles, particularly older models, are intended to accept fuel modification. You must visit the Regional Transport Office to get your Registration Card modified (RC). Your RC's fuel type should be changed from gasoline/diesel to compressed natural gas (CNG).
2. Upkeep and Installation CNG Kits are Expensive
Depending on the brand and model of your automobile, a new and authentic kit would cost between Rs. 50 and Rs. 60 thousand. However, compared to petrol or diesel vehicles, maintaining a CNG vehicle can be more expensive.
3. Installing a CNG kit in your Vehicle is Environmentally Friendly
Because CNG has a very high auto-ignition temperature, the chances of your automobile catching fire are quite low. This also makes CNG refueling stations safer than conventional varieties, reducing the likelihood of incidents.
4. CNG Isn't Found at Every Gas Station
You don't have to believe the status of the nearest fuel station when you acquire a car that operates on gasoline or diesel. This is owing to the fact that gas stations in cities are near together.
5. Your Car Insurance Premiums may Rise
The cost of your car insurance is determined by a variety of criteria, including the make and model of your vehicle, its ex-showroom price, the type of four-wheeler insurance policy you select, the fuel type of your vehicle, and so on. Expect a price increase of at least 10% when switching your car's fuel type to CNG.
6. Your Car Insurance Claim Eligibility May Be Affected by a Change in Fuel Type
Car insurance offers much-needed assistance in the event of a car-related accident. However, before your claim is approved, your insurer will review the policy and, as a result, the damaged vehicle.
7. It will assist you in Saving Money in the Long Run
As previously stated, the price of gasoline and diesel is increasing by the day. When compared to them, driving a car that runs on CNG can help you save money at the end of the day.
8. It may have a Negative Impact on the Performance of Your Vehicle
If you use a CNG-only variation, you may not notice a significant change in your vehicle's performance. The major reason for this is the toll that changing gasoline types has on the car's engine.
When it comes to fuel alternatives, CNG is a lot greener and more cost-effective option than petrol and diesel. However, before installing CNG in your vehicle, you should be aware of the following key elements in order to comprehend its drawbacks. If you install a CNG kit in your vehicle, you should notify your insurance provider since it may affect your insurance rate, unless you have third-party auto insurance coverage. As a result, before installing a CNG kit in your vehicle, you should review the above points and compare insurance policies to ensure that your CNG kit and associated expenditures are covered.
Do read - Find More About The Many Types Of Car Insurance Policies Available In India.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.