Save Upto 70% with Best Insurance Plans
What is Car Insurance?
Car insurance helps protect your car from unprecedented hazards like accident, theft, fire, flood, vandalism and other such scenarios. It is a contract between the car owner and an insurance company to provide financial aid to the former to undertake repairs for damages or treatment for injuries in case of a mishap. In return for the premium that the car owner pays, the insurance company reimburses the costs of repairs, third party loses and treatment for injuries. Insurance is classified into Comprensive and Third Party Insurance
A comprehensive policy is more expensive, but, not only does it cover damages to the insured car and driver, but also the insured vehicle’s third-party liability. Losses incurred due to theft, natural calamities like fire, explosion, accident, self-ignition or lightning, terrorist activity, damage in transit by road, rail, inland waterway, lift, elevator or air are all covered under this.
It is mandatory to have a third party insurance if you want to drive a car on Indian roads. It only covers the insurer’s liability for damage caused to other vehicles or properties including death, injuries or damage to a third party and not the damages to the insured car or its driver.
How to buy car insurance online?
- Fill in your Car’s Details
Just fill in the details about your car like make, model, etc, to get top insurance quotes instantly.
- Compare Quotes and Choose a Plan
Select from numerous quotes the one that suits your budget and needs the best
- Make Payment and sit back
Pay online and get your policy right away
- Simple and smooth, got competitive quotes and payment process was quite fast as well. I was assisted well by the concerned team which is well experienced in this field and answered all my queries to my satisfaction.Nitin KumarHonda Civic, Gurgaon
- It was a seamless experience while buying the insurance for my car in IFFCO TOKIO. The provided quotes were best in industry and all the required add ons were provided at the best prices. I was provided with best in class services along with the coverages provided by none of the other insurers.Jatin GoelMaruti Swift, New Delhi
- The experience was really great, I could finish buying my policy in just some clicks. I got a call from the customer support team when I had some queries and sorted it out really quick.Kanishk PorwalHyundai Santro, Indore
- It was an amazing and hassle-free experience. Never thought buying Insurance policy would be so simple. Will recommend everyone to get their insurance policy through InsuranceDekho.comRahul JainMaruti Swift Dzire, Bengaluru
- It was really a great experience. I did insurance of my scooty from Insurancedekho. Their executive was very support and the whole end to end process was done by me. Overall, it was really a smooth and easy process. Keep it up.Mukul MadwalHonda Activa, Lucknow
- Interacting with InsuranceDekho’s customer care executives was really helpful. I have to say it is rare that you come across such customer care associates.Vinny KheraHyundai Santro, Gurgaon
- Very good, nice and easy. The agent helped me to get the cheapest price. It was super easy documentation. Good platform with various options for a hassle free online quote.Kunal KrishnaTata Tigor, Mumbai
- My car's insurance policy was renewed by InsuranceDekho within five minutes. The experience was very smooth and easy, and the customer service was excellent.Komal SinghFord Figo, Kanpur
- Thanks to InsuranceDekho, my claim settlement process was a breeze. I would like to say that I am 100% satisfied and would happily recommend InsuranceDekho to others.Simran PuriHyundai Santro,Gurgaon
Add-ons for your Car Insurance Policy
A car's value constantly keeps on depreciating with time. And therefore, while claiming for losses, the depreciation sum is deducted. A zero depreciation add-on ensures that you get the entire claim amount without deducting the depreciation sum. It also covers rubber, plastic and fiber components.
With this cover, even if a claim has been made, a No Claims Bonus (NCB) discount will hold good as per terms and conditions of insurance company. NCB is a discount offered to policyholders if they don’t file a claim during the term of the policy. This discount keeps on increasing with every claim-free year until it reaches 50 per cent.
The car's engine is not covered under a normal comprehensive policy. And therefore, in case it is damaged due to floods or water-logging, an engine protection add-on cover comes in handy.
If you have a return to invoice cover added on to your insurance policy, you can claim the total ex-showroom price of your car, taxes and registration charges, in case of total loss.
Benefits of InsuranceDekho
- 5 Minutes Policy Issuance
Why spend hours and days in queues filling up the paperwork for your policy. The entire process from entering your car details to finalising your policy and getting it issued takes only 5 minutes on InsuranceDekho.
- Over 2 Lakh Policies Sold
A transparent and quick process, choice of numerous insurers, along with a dedicated team of experts make InsuranceDekho a trusted choice for many insurance buyers. More than 2 lakh happy customers are a testament to the same.
- Dedicated support team
Feel free to reach out to our dedicated team of experts, in case of any confusion. Be it buying your insurance policy, or support required incase of claim, our team of experts is at your service 7 days a week.
Is car insurance mandatory?
Yes. As per law, it is mandatory for cars plying Indian roads to have a valid third party car insurance in place.
If my car isn’t insured or my insurance has expired, how much fine do I have to pay?
It is illegal to drive without a valid insurance (at least third-party insurance) and may attract a fine of up to Rs. 2000 or jail for three months or both.
Are hospitalization expenses, in case of an accident, covered by a car insurance plan?
Purchasing a Personal Accident add-on with your comprehensive car insurance policy offers compensation for death/permanent total disablement.
What is No Claim Bonus?
‘No Claim Bonus’ can be considered as an incentive for a claim-free year. It is a discount offered on Own Damage premium while renewing your car insurance policy. The discount percentage can vary between 20-50% depending on the number of claim-free years.
What is IDV?
IDV or Insured Declared Value is best described as the insured value of the vehicle that is decided at the beginning of a policy period.This is useful incase of Total Loss or Theft of your vehicle as insurer decides the claim amount on the basis of vehicle IDV.
Emergency Assistance – How does it work?
Emergency assistance is an add-on that can be coupled with an insurance cover at an additional premium. It offers prompt assistance in case of vehicle breakdown, towing, tyre replacement, fuel replacement and others.
The perks of buying car insurance online!
Not only do you skip the queues and tons of paperwork, but buying a car insurance online also means that you can compare numerous quotes from different insurance providers. Just input your car details, compare quotes and pay for your preferred policy, that’s it.
Latest News Articles
- Zero Depreciation Car Insurance - Is It Worth The ...Read more →
- Third Party Car Insurance Is A Must Buy! ...Read more →
- Smart Tips for Cheap Car Insurance! ...Read more →
- What Must You Know About Car Insurance Endorsement ...Read more →
- How To Request for A Car Insurance Endorsement? ...Read more →
- Smart Tricks To Buy Car Insurance Online! ...Read more →
*Terms and conditions apply. Offer available on select models/makes only. Girnar Insurance Brokers Private Limited, 4th Floor, Tower B, Emaar Digital Greens, Golf Course Extension Road, Sector-61, Gurugram-122012, Haryana.IRDAI License no 588, helpline no 7551196989. For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, please read the sales brochure carefully before concluding a sale.