Know How To Get Duplicate RC Online And Offline
Published On Jan 24, 2022 10:00 AM By InsuranceDekho
Learn how to obtain a duplicate Registration Certificate for your motorcycle both online and offline by reading this article.
Table of Contents
The Vehicle Registration Certificate is a document that shows who owns the bike, what model it is, and when it was registered. This paper is both a must and a must. This is mostly owing to the fact that your bike's RC is a document that must be presented when you apply for bike insurance or sell it. This certificate verifies that you are the owner of the bike. Because this document is so important, it's a good idea to keep a backup copy with you while riding. This guide will teach you how to get a duplicate copy of your RC bike both online and offline.
Duplicate RC Both Online And Offline
What Is The Purpose Of Having A Duplicate Bike Registration Certificate?
The following circumstances warrant obtaining a duplicate registration certificate for your motorcycle:
- It is regarded as invalid if your bike's original RC chip is broken or missing. An application for a duplicate Registration Certificate must be submitted in order to do this.
- If your RC's HPA/HPT, ownership, ownership number, or production year information is incorrect, you must correct it as quickly as possible.
- If the data or information on the bike in the Vahan check varies from the original Registration Certificate, you must apply for a duplicate RC to fix any errors.
- You'll need to apply for a duplicate RC if your bike's chassis number isn't legible or is incorrect.
- You must submit an FIR with the local police station and request a duplicate registration certificate if you misplace or lose your registration certificate.
How to Get a Duplicate RC Bike on the Internet?
Advancements in technology have brought a wealth of conveniences to our doorstep. The bulk of bicycle manufacturers has switched to an online platform. Your registration certificate may be obtained from the comfort of your own home. This may be done through the PARIVAHAN website or the official website of your bike manufacturer. You'll need a few papers and a good internet connection to complete the process. You may get a duplicate RC from PARIVAHAN if you complete the steps below -
- If you lose your bike's registration, make a duplicate of the FIR and submit it to the local police station.
- The official PARIVAHAN website may be found here.
- Form 26 must be filled out completely.
- It is necessary to pay the service charge.
- You will receive an email with your RC, which you can download and print.
Steps to Getting Your Bike's Duplicate RC Offline
You may get your bike's registration certificate offline if getting it online proves challenging. It is necessary to download and complete Form 26. This will include details about your bike as well as your reasoning for requesting a duplicate RC. You will be requested to present a copy of the FIR if you lose or misplace your vehicle's RC. If your original RC is damaged, you must supply it before your duplicate RC application may be granted. In addition to these documents, an Aadhar card, a bike insurance certificate, a no objection letter from the lender, and valid pollution under control certificate will be required. You must submit these documents to the local RTO in order to receive a duplicate RC.
According to the Indian Motor Vehicle Act, every bike owner must ride with his or her vehicle registration certificate, as well as his or her driver's license, PUCC, and bike insurance paperwork. Riding a bike without particular documents is unlawful, and the rider might face serious consequences. As a result, when you ride, make sure you have all of your papers with you and ride carefully.
Do read - Cashless Claim Facility In Two Wheeler Insurance Policy - Know Everything!
Ways To Check Bike Insurance Expiry Date
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.