Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC of India) T&Cs
|Claim Settlement Ratio||98.62%|
|Customer Care||8:00 AM to 8:00 PM|
|Death Benefit Paid For||73,3809 Policies|
|Total Death Benefit Paid||12797.85 Crore|
Term Life Insurance Premium Calculator
Date of Birth
Do you smoke or chew tobacco?
Choose required coverage to secure your family’s future
Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC of India) Plan List
|Name of Plan||Sum Assured|
|LIC Bima Jyoti||20 lac - 10 cr||Check Premium|
|LIC Jeevan Umang||20 lac - 10 cr||Check Premium|
|LIC SIIP||20 lac - 10 cr||Check Premium|
|LIC Jeevan Anand||20 lac - 10 cr||Check Premium|
|LIC Jeevan Labh||20 lac - 10 cr||Check Premium|
Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC of India) Life T&Cs
Following are the Terms and Conditions of LIC Term Insurance Plans:
1. Free-look Period: LIC offers a free look period of 15-30 days from the date of issuance of the life insurance policy. If the policyholder does not comply with the terms and conditions of the policy, he/she may return the policy to the LIC stating the reason for objections. On receipt of the same, the LIC will cancel the policy and refund the amount of premium deposited after deducting the risk premium for policy and rider, and charges for medical examination, if any.
2. Grace Period: LIC offers a 30 days grace period for payment of yearly, half-yearly or quarterly premiums and 15 days grace period for monthly premium payments from the date of first unpaid premium payment. Failing to pay the premium before the grace period expires, the life insurance policy will lapse. If the life assured passes away within the grace period but before the due premium payment the policy will still be valid and the benefits will be payable after deducting the unpaid premiums. Above mentioned grace period is applicable for life insurance riders as well.
3. Forfeiture and Non-forfeiture Regulations: Under LIC life insurance plans, in case of Regular Premium and Limited Premium payment policies, if the premiums have been paid for less than 2 and any subsequent premium has not been paid in respect of the life insurance policy, all the benefits will cease after the expiry of the grace period and nothing will be payable. In case two full years premiums have been paid and any subsequent premiums have not been duly paid, the life insurance policy shall not be ceased but shall be considered as a paid-up policy till the policy term ends.
4. Revival of Lapsed Policies: If your life insurance policy has lapsed due to nonpayment of due premium within the grace period, it may be revived within the revival period and before the maturity date, on payment of all the premiums along with interest as fixed by the LIC from time to time. In addition, proof of insurability might be required. The revival of the discontinued policy will take effect only after approval by the insurance company.
5. Surrender: The policyholder can surrender the life insurance policy any time during the policy term provided premiums have been paid for at least two full years. On surrender of the policy, LIC will pay the Surrender Value equal to higher of Guaranteed Surrender Value.
6. Termination of Policy: LIC life insurance policy will immediately and automatically terminate on the earliest occurrence of any of the following events:
- The date on which lump-sum death benefit / final instalment of death benefit is paid
- On the expiry of the policy’s revival period
- On payment of free look cancellation amount.
- On the date of policy maturity.
- On the date of payment of surrender benefit
- In the event of forfeiture.
7. Suicide Exclusion: The policy will be void if the policyholder or the life assured commits suicide (whether sane or insane at the time) at any time or after the date on which the policy has commenced but before the expiry of one year from the date of commencement of the policy.
8. Assignments: Assignment is allowed under the term insurance plan as per section 38 of the Insurance Act, 2015, as amended from time to time.
9. Nominations: Nomination is allowed under the term insurance plan as per section 39 of the Insurance Act, 2015, as amended from time to time.
10. Tax: The policyholder may be entitled to certain tax benefits on his premiums and benefits. All the tax benefits are subject to tax laws prevailing at the time of payment of premium or receipt of benefits by the policyholder.
Latest News on LIC Life Insurance
How to Pay for LIC Life Insurance Premium?Find out how to pay for LIC life insurance premiums in the section below. Read on to learn more.
LIC Policy Tracker: How to Track LIC Policy StatusLIC Policy Tracker: Know the status of your LIC policy online in a few easy steps. Here’s a step-by-step guide for both new and registered users on how to track LIC policy status online. Read on to find out!
Steps To Revive LIC Lapsed PolicyThe Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) offers a variety of revival schemes to help people renew their life insurance policies. Check out the process to renew a lapsed LIC policy in detail.
In India, What Are The Finest Single Premium Insurance Policies?A single insurance endowment plan is a one-time payment insurance policy that has been created for customers who do not want to endure the hassle of keeping a tab on the plan and making regular periodic payments. Here, you make one large payment, become t
The LIC policy For Girl Children In India Is Something You Should Be Aware Of.The Life Corporation of India (LIC) has devised a strategy for children's savings. The LIC Kid plan is a participation plan that offers guaranteed payouts known as survival benefits over the life of the policy to help a growing kid fulfill scholastic, mar
Why to Buy Life Insurance Policy Online from InsuranceDekho
- Tax benefit upto 1,50,000*
- Claim support everyday 10AM-7PM
- 50 Lacs+ happy customers
Life Insurance News
How to Pay for LIC Life Insurance Premium?
Find out how to pay for LIC life insurance premiums in the s...26 April 2023
LIC Policy Tracker: How to Track LIC Policy Status
LIC Policy Tracker: Know the status of your LIC policy onlin...25 January 2023
Steps To Revive LIC Lapsed Policy
The Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) offers a varie...10 January 2023
In India, What Are The Finest Single Premium Insur...
A single insurance endowment plan is a one-time payment insu...04 April 2022
The LIC policy For Girl Children In India Is Somet...
The Life Corporation of India (LIC) has devised a strategy f...26 March 2022
LIC Life Insurance User Reviews
I got the option to add riders to LIC Life Insurance Policy. The riders allowed me to enhance my coverage by i...Read More
The best feature of my LIC Life Insurance Policy is its flexible payment options. They offered various payment...Read More
Renewing my LIC Life Insurance Policy from InsuarnceDekho has been hassle-free. Because of this plan, the proc...Read More
The InsuranceDekho website serves their customers all 7 days of the week which makes it convenient for the cus...Read More
I can’t thank InsuranceDekho enough for helping me get LIC Life Insurance Policy This is definitely the ...Read More
Claim Process at Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC of India)
Claim IntimationIn the event of the death of the life assured, the insurance company should be intimated as early as possible.
Submission of DocumentsFor easy claim settlement, claim form, original policy document, death certificate and others documents should be submitted on time.
Claim EvaluationAfter successful submission of documents, the insurance company will thoroughly evaluate the claim filed.
Claim SettlementIf claim request is approved, claim is settled within 30 days. In case of additional investigation, claim process may take 120 days.
Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC of India) Contact Details
Insurance Dekho755 1196 989Mon to Sun 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC of India)022-6827-6827Mon to Sat 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM