Star Union Dai-ichi Life Insurance T&Cs
|Claim Settlement Ratio||95.96%|
|Customer Care||9:30 AM to 6:30 PM|
|Death Benefit Paid For||1,210 Policies|
|Total Death Benefit Paid||Rs. 50.47 Crore|
Term Life Insurance Premium Calculator
Date of Birth
Do you smoke or chew tobacco?
Choose required coverage to secure your family’s future
Star Union Dai-ichi Life Insurance Life T&Cs
Here are some standard terms and conditions in a Star Union Dai-ichi term Insurance policy.
1. Nomination: A nomination is allowed in Star Union Dai-ichi Term Insurance. The policyholder can nominate a person who is eligible to get the policy benefits if the policyholder died before maturity. There is also the option to add another person as a nominee if the nominee dies before the maturity date.
2. Assignment: An assignment is not allowed in term insurance and child insurance policies in Star Union Dai-ichi. This means that the policy benefits cannot be transferred from one person to another.
3. Renew on Time: Renewal of any Star Union Dai-ichi Life Insurance policy is subject to payment of the premiums on time. Renewals can be done via online and offline methods. There is also a grace period which varies according to your premium frequency. If you have a quarterly or half-yearly premium then the grace period is 30 days. If you have a monthly premium then the grace period offered is 15 days.
4. Taxation: All policy payments in Star Union Dai-ichi Term Insurance are subject to Income Tax laws in India. The premium of the policies offer benefits in taxation under Income Tax Section 80 C and 10 D. The premium also contains the cess and all the necessary taxes levied by the government. The maximum premium amount which can be considered for Tax deductions is Rs 1,50,000. Section 10D states that the bonus or the benefits received on the maturity or death benefit of a policy is totally free of taxation.
5. Proper Disclosure: The policyholder should furnish proper evidence regarding age, medical issues (if asked) otherwise the company is open to reducing the policy benefits that would have been received had the right age been provided.
6. Inform Changes: The policyholder should inform the company if there is a change in the occupation, address, contact details, etc.
7. Duplicate Policy Document: If the policy document is lost, the policyholder should inform the company in writing and request a duplicate policy document.
8. Jurisdiction: All T&C Star Union Dai-ichi Term Insurance is governed by and subject to Indian laws. They are subject to change if the Indian laws deem it so.
9. Grievances: In case of any grievances, the policyholder/claimants should follow the grievance redressal procedure also mentioned on the Star Union Dai-ichi website.
10. Exclusive Rights: Star Union Dai-ichi Life Insurance has the exclusive rights to review, revise, delete, or alter the terms and conditions of the policy.
Latest News on Daiichi Life Insurance
Explore Different Investment Plans In IndiaInvestment definition is an asset acquired or invested in to build wealth and save money from the hard-earned income or appreciation. Investment meaning is primarily to obtain an additional source of income or gain profit from the investment over a specif
SUD Life Guaranteed Money Back PlansWhen you need interim payments to satisfy your short-term financial needs, Star Union Dai-Guaranteed Ichi’s Money Back Plan comes in handy. It pays out regularly every five years. So, give in to your want for that automobile, an exotic vacation, or a high
Why to Buy Life Insurance Policy Online from InsuranceDekho
- Tax benefit upto 1,50,000*
- Claim support everyday 10AM-7PM
- 50 Lacs+ happy customers
Life Insurance News
Explore Different Investment Plans In India
Investment definition is an asset acquired or invested in to...11 January 2022
SUD Life Guaranteed Money Back Plans
When you need interim payments to satisfy your short-term fi...09 September 2021
Daiichi Life Insurance User Reviews
I got friendly suggestions from the InsuranceDekho as I was unable to select a desired life insurance plan. So...Read More
When I raised a claim against Star Union -SUD Life Assured Income policy on InsuranceDekho, it was settled on ...Read More
The interface of InsuranceDekho was extremely user-friendly such that even beginners like me were able to use ...Read More
The process of buying was so quick that I felt that buying Star Union -SUD Life Assured Income policy was done...Read More
While I was buying Star Union -SUD Life Assured Income policy from InsuranceDekho, the entire process took so ...Read More
Claim Process at Star Union Dai-ichi Life Insurance
Claim IntimationIn the event of the death of the life assured, the insurance company should be intimated as early as possible.
Submission of DocumentsFor easy claim settlement, claim form, original policy document, death certificate and others documents should be submitted on time.
Claim EvaluationAfter successful submission of documents, the insurance company will thoroughly evaluate the claim filed.
Claim SettlementIf claim request is approved, claim is settled within 30 days. In case of additional investigation, claim process may take 120 days.
Star Union Dai-ichi Life Insurance Contact Details
Insurance Dekho755 1196 989Mon to Sun 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Star Union Dai-ichi Life Insurance1800-266-8833Mon to Sat 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM