Term Life Insurance Premium Calculator
Date of Birth
Do you smoke or chew tobacco?
Choose required coverage to secure your family’s future
1. Premium has been calculated for coverage till 60 years
2. Eligibility depends on income, occupation and educational qualification
Sahara India Life Insurance Life T&Cs
Following are the terms and conditions of Sahara India Life Term Insurance Plans:
- Grace Period: As per the Insurance Regulatory Authority of India (IRDAI) a 30 days grace period is permitted from the premium due date. In case, the premium mode is monthly then 15 days is allowed. Within this time period, the insurance provider would accept the payable premium amount without any late fees or fine.
- Lapse: If the policy premium is not received by the Sahara India Life Insurance by the end of the Grace Period, then your Policy will lapse with effect from the date of unpaid premium and no coverage and benefits provided under the plan will be covered.
- Nominations & Assignment: Nomination & Assignment would be applicable as per the Section 39 and Section 38 respectively of the Insurance Act 1938.
- Suicide Exclusion: In case the policyholder dies because of suicide within 12 months from the issuance date of the plan or revival date of the plan, then the plan will immediately get discontinued. In the above mentioned cases, the Sahara India Life Insurance will only refund total payable premium including additional underwriting premiums paid and loadings for modal payable premiums to the nominee/beneficiary.
- Statutory Impositions: The policyholder needs to pay statutory impositions. (Benefits offered and Premiums payable mentioned under the policy will depend upon cess, taxes, statutory levy at the current rates).
- Free Look Period: There is a 30 days free look time period in case the plan is bought via distance marketing modes from the issuance date of the plan in order to review the terms and conditions of the plan. If the policyholder does not accept any of the terms or conditions, he has the option to return the policy.
- Tax Benefits: The policyholder may be entitled to receive some tax benefits on the premium paid by him towards the insurance policy. All the tax benefits are based upon the tax laws applicable during the premium payment time or benefit receipts by the policyholder.
- Fraud: Sahara India Life Insurance will repudiate a term life insurance policy on the ground of Fraud if the policyholder or the nominee can prove that the suppression or misstatement of facts was true to the best of his knowledge and there was no deliberate intention to suppress material fact within the knowledge of the policyholder or nominee.
- Revival of Policy: In case the plan gets lapsed, then the policy can be revived by the policyholder within five years from the due date of premium payment and prior to the expiry of the policy duration. The revival of policy will take place only after approval by the Sahara India Life Insurance as per their Underwriting standards. If a Lapsed Policy is left un-revived within the period allowed for revival, the policy will terminate and no value is payable to you.
- Section 45 Of The Insurance Act, 1938
According to this section:
- The Insurance policy shall not be called in question on any ground whatsoever, after three years of the policy from- the date of revival of the policy, the date of rider to the policy, the date of commencement of risk, or the date of issuance of the policy (whichever is later).
- Insurance policy can be called for the questioning on the basis of fraudulent activity within 3 years from the issuance date of the policy, the revival date of the policy, or the commencement date of the risk(whichever is later)
- Mere silence of facts is not fraud unless, depending on the circumstances of the case, it is the duty of the insurance company keeping silence to speak or silence is in itself equivalent to speaking.
Explore Sahara India Life Insurance
Latest News on Sahara India Life Insurance
- Sahara India Life Insurance offers a diverse selection of plans to meet the demands of individuals from all socioeconomic backgrounds and generations. The company's customer service and support centre is highly qualified and skilled. In today's India, Sa
- Sahara India Life Insurance is one of the oldest and most trustworthy insurance companies in India that has been providing individuals and families with life and retirement covers. Here we will know about the exclusions in their retirement plans so you ca
Why to Buy Life Insurance Policy Online from InsuranceDekho
- Tax benefit upto 1,50,000*
- Claim support everyday 10AM-7PM
- 50 Lacs+ happy customers
Life Insurance News
Sahara India Life Insurance offers a diverse selection of pl...20 July 2021
Sahara India Life Insurance is one of the oldest and most tr...11 July 2021
Sahara India Life Insurance User Reviews
Write your review
What users are saying
Claim Process at Sahara India Life Insurance
Claim IntimationIn the event of the death of the life assured, the insurance company should be intimated as early as possible.
Submission of DocumentsFor easy claim settlement, claim form, original policy document, death certificate and others documents should be submitted on time.
Claim EvaluationAfter successful submission of documents, the insurance company will thoroughly evaluate the claim filed.
Claim SettlementIf claim request is approved, claim is settled within 30 days. In case of additional investigation, claim process may take 120 days.