Things to do if Tested Positive for Coronavirus
Updated On Apr 22, 2021
The spread of coronavirus is increasing every day. Even after taking a lot of precautions, it is very likely to get infected. If you have symptoms like fever, cold, or cough, there is a high possibility of COVID-19 infection. You should get tested if you have these symptoms.
Steps to Take When Tested Covid Positive
Here are the most immediate things that one should do when tested positive for coronavirus:
- Getting Isolated: COVID-19 is manageable in mild to moderate cases. The first thing to do is isolate yourself from the rest of the family. Isolate yourself in a separate room and have your belongings with you. Avoid any physical contact with others. Try not to travel in public places. An infected individual provides a high risk of coronavirus transmission.
- Monitor Your Symptoms: Monitor your symptoms closely like measuring your temperature and record it. Other symptoms like sneezing or coughing should be observed. Cover your mouth while sneezing or coughing. Avoid spitting at places. This would prevent the virus from spreading.
- Wear a Mask: When you have active symptoms like coughing or sneezing, wearing a mask is compulsory. Coronavirus travels in the air in the form of droplets. So wear a mask to stop the spread of the virus from your body to others.
Also Read: How Does Coronavirus Affect Our Body?
- Take Proper Medication and Treatment: When monitoring your symptoms closely, take proper medications for it. Take medications to reduce symptoms. You should take Vitamin C regularly to boost your immunity. You can also take saline steam for headache as cold-like symptoms.
- Clean your Hands Frequently: As you are an active carrier of coronavirus, wash your hands frequently. This would prevent other people from transmitting. Viruses can be easily transferred through physical contact. So, wash or sanitize hands regularly.
- Don’t Share Your Belongings: You can reduce the spread of viruses by not sharing your belongings with others. Even the plates on which you are eating can transmit the virus. So, keep your things separate.
- Maintain Proper Hygiene: After getting infected, maintaining proper hygiene is compulsory. This would prevent the virus from spreading through various surfaces. As the virus compromises our immune system severely, try to keep yourself and your surrounding cleansed. This would prevent getting infected from other disorders too.
- Visit Hospital in an Emergency: Although in COVID-19 currently, we are majorly having mild to moderate cases. An emergency arises when one suffers any breathing issues. If you feel discomfort in breathing, immediately rush to the hospital and get proper treatment. The decrease in blood oxygen level shoots the severity.
You May Also Like To Read: Covid-19 Health Insurance Policies
COVID-19 has set an extreme level of terror. One should take effective actions to treat it or stop from spreading. Infected individuals should take appropriate measures to take care of themselves. With proper treatment, one can surely fight this dreadful disease. Get for yourself, health insurance to get financial cover because the treatment might get very costly.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.