Star Health Insurance for Autism
Updated On Sep 08, 2021
Table of Contents
Star Special Care is a health insurance plan from Star Health Insurance company specially designed for children who are diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder. It is an economical plan that can be customized to serve to the varied and particular requirements of its customers. The parents of autistic children can now provide their children with best medical treatment without having to worry regarding any financial restrictions.
Children between the age group of 3-25 years suffering from Autism Spectrum Disorder can avail a health insurance cover under this special plan. The type of coverage offered under this plan is on an individual basis and the sum insured is up to Rs 3 lakh.
Features of Star Special Care Plan
The key features of Star Special Care plan by Star Health Insurance is as follows:
- Star Special Care plan for children suffering from Autism Spectrum Disorder is an indemnity based health insurance plan.
- You are not required to undergo any pre-policy medical test in order to buy the plan.
- The renewal of the Star Special Care plan is available up to 25 years in age.
- There is a free look up period of 15 days from the purchase date of the plan.
- The grace period provided to get the plan renewed is 30 days from the expiry date of the Star Special Care plan.
Key Inclusions under Star Special Care Plan
- It offers a special health insurance coverage for the children who get diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Under this plan, a policyholder can raise a claim on all day care procedures
- Compensation is offered to the insured for treatment taken for Physiotherapy, Behavioral therapy, speech therapy and occupational therapy covered under OPD.
- Hospitalisation expenses including boarding charges, nursing expenses, room rent expense and many more related expenses, offered by the hospital is up to Rs 5,000 on a per day basis.
- Post hospitalisation expenses paid by the insurance company is equivalent to 7 percent of hospitalisation expenses or actual expenses up to 60 days post discharge.
- Moreover, it also offers costs acquired on treatment of specific procedures such as seizures treatment, adeno tonsillectomy, botox injection, physiotherapy, speech therapy etc.
Key Exclusions of Star Special Care Plan
- Treatment expenses on change of gender, plastic surgery, cosmetic treatment etc are not covered under this plan.
- Expenses associated with admission, hospital registration, telephone charges, record cost, etc.
- Non-allopathic treatments are not covered under this plan.
- Any compensation required for therapies, unproven treatments and naturopathy is not paid by the insurance company.
- Expenses related to psychological therapy, stem cell therapy, implantation, bone marrow transplantation, immunotherapy and chondrocyte without any proper indication.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.