Seasonal diseases in India
Updated On Apr 13, 2021
Table of Contents
Seasonal diseases are borne due to changes in the environment conditions in the course of different seasons. In order to avoid contracting seasonal diseases such as winter diseases, monsoon diseases and summer diseases, it is important for an individual to remain informed regarding its symptoms and causes so as to recognize these diseases at an early stage.
Seasonal Diseases in India
It is very common to contract diseases during hot summer weather and it can have a negative impact on one’s health in various ways. The common diseases that an individual can get during summers include diarrhea, typhoid, heart stroke, chicken pox, heat rashes are amongst others. However, it is always a good option to prepare ourselves in advance in order to fight against such diseases.
Tips to stay away from Summer Diseases
- It is advisable that a person should drink at least 8 glasses of water in a day. Keep your body hydrated both at home and while travelling.
- On the sun burn areas, apply ice packs and consume pain relievers for comfort.
- Get yourself vaccinated with MMR( Measles, Mumps, Rubella) in order to stay protected against infectious diseases.
- Avoid going to mosquito breeding places and apply mosquito repellant.
Although monsoon brings joy with itself yet it also opens the passage for various diseases borne by viruses and bacteria. At the time of monsoons, our immune systems get weak, which consequently results in various water-borne diseases. Some of the commonly contracted diseases during monsoon include Cholera, Typhoid, Cold, Flu, etc.
Tips to stay away from Monsoon Diseases
- Try consuming only boiled water.
- Maintain your surrounding clean and mosquito free.
- Eat only home cooked food, avoid eating outside.
- Do not visit a crowded place in order to reduce the risk of contracting a viral infection.
Due to a sudden change in the climate, there are possible chances of triggering certain diseases. There are various complaints from individuals for getting common health issues during winters including dryness, fever, asthma, joint pain, cold, etc. Therefore , in order to stay safe during winters read on the important tips below.
Tips to stay away from Winter Diseases
- While bathing, use a heavy moisturizer and natural cleanser.
- Follow a proper oral and hand hygiene.
- Take proper rest and stay hydrated.
- Consume more warm fluids during the winter season.
At the End
It is important to take a comprehensive approach towards general mental and physical health during the changing seasons. Maintaining proper hygiene and following healthcare habits will help you in lowering the possibility of getting sick so that you can focus on other important things in your life.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.