Is Senior Citizens Red Carpet Health Policy Good for Seniors?
Updated On Feb 12, 2021
Old age is the time when every senior citizen tends to spend a stress-free life. People during this period want to make their golden age more joyful and relaxed. On the flip side, they are prone to suffer from health issues or critical illnesses. Even a little change in their lifestyle and they fall sick. In most cases, seniors have to break their savings for hospitalisation due to an illness or disease.
With that in mind, Star Health Insurance Company offers senior citizen health insurance policy by the name of Senior Citizens Red Carpet Health Insurance Policy. This policy has been specially designed to cover people from the age of 60 and allow the admission right up to the age of 75. However, the coverage can be extended to a lifetime. The policy is always there to support elderly people like your parents.
If you are searching for a health insurance that can provide cashless treatment for senior citizens or your senior parents, continue reading this article.
Senior Citizens Red Carpet Plan
Senior Citizens Red Carpet by Star Health Insurance Company is specially designed to meet the medical needs of senior citizens. It covers medical expenses due to any disease, ailment, injury, sickness or accident. It offers sufficient coverage at all times. So, it is an appropriate health policy for elderly people. The success story of this particular plan is the cover for pre-existing conditions from the second policy year.
The policy is also affordable as well as a secure way to take care of parents or any other older loved ones. Available on an individual and floater basis, the Red Carpet plan comes with several benefits, including the following:
- No pre-policy medical checkup required
- Wide range of sum insured options
- Guaranteed lifetime renewal of the policy
- Coverage for pre-existing conditions after one year of the waiting period
- Medical consultations as an outpatient in a network hospital
- The plan is available for 1, 2 or 3 years and can be renewed thereafter
- Tax benefits on the premium paid under prevailing Income Tax rules
- Entry age is between 60 and 75 years
Top Features and Benefits
Different people have different requirements. And when it comes to health insurance for senior citizens, it is difficult to find an affordable plan. But the Senior Citizens Red Carpet Insurance Policy solves this issue by offering several exciting features to address the critical health care needs during declining years. Key features of the policy include:
- The initial waiting period of 30 days
- Specific Illness Waiting Period 2 years
- No third party administrator is involved. You can get direct in-house claim settlement
- Tie-up with more than 9,000 network hospitals across the country
- Cashless hospitalization and personalized e-health records
- Free storage facility to keep medical records in an electronic form
- OPD Benefit, Rs. 200 per consultation and a maximum of up to Rs. 2,600 (depending on the sum insured)
- 24x7 free medical consultation over the phone
- Premium discounts for self and spouse by submitting medical reports
- You can transfer the policy to another insurer without losing accrued benefits
Senior Citizens Red Carpet plan comes with a whole lot of coverage benefits. A gem for seniors in the collection of Star Health products, it helps you pay expensive medical bills without breaking savings. It brings peace during a hectic situation when you can’t bear more stress. With the Red Carpet plan in hand, you - even after 70 - can focus on the treatment rather than the financial situation.
Major coverage under the plan includes:
Pre-hospitalisation - Medical expenses incurred for 30 days before the date of hospitalisation.
Post-hospitalisation - Post- hospitalization medical expenses equivalent to 7% of the hospitalization expenses.
Daycare procedures - The policy covers the expenses of all daycare treatment that would otherwise require hospitalization of a minimum of 24 hours.
Inpatient treatment - Cover for inpatient treatment such as room rent, boarding, nursing charges, and so on.
Specialists fee - The policy bears the costs of doctors, specialists, surgeon, anesthetist and a consultant up to 25% of the Sum Insured for every hospitalisation.
Other expenses - Costs of oxygen, anesthesia, blood, pacemaker, operation theatre, etc. are also covered up to a specified limit.
Emergency ambulance - Emergency ambulance charges are also covered under the Red Carpet Health Insurance Policy.
Besides everything, Star Health Insurance Company provides you with a free look period of 15 days from the date of receipt of the policy document. During this period, you can choose to return the policy and request for a refund.
There are certain conditions under the Senior Citizens Red Carpet Health Insurance Policy. You should be aware of them before opting for the plan.
- Room rent: The room rent limit is 1% of the sum insured or a maximum of up to Rs. 10,000 per day in normal hospitalisation (depends on sum insured)
- ICU Charges: Cover for ICU charges is up to 2% of the sum insured or the actual amount depending on sum insured
- Ambulance Cover: A maximum of up to Rs. 3,000 per policy period (depends on the sum insured)
- Co-Pay: This plan contains two co-pay clauses. 50% of claimable expenses in all pre-existing disease claims and 30% on all non-pre-existing disease claims for sum insured between Rs. 1 Lakh and Rs. 10 Lakh and for sum insured between Rs. 15 Lakh to Rs. 25 Lakh, the co-pay for all PED and non-PED claims is 30%
Apart from co-pay, certain treatment is available with an upper limit. To know them, refer to the policy document here.
Also, read the benefits of Religare Health Insurance Policies.
The Senior Citizens Red Carpet Health Insurance can be ideal if you are looking for a worthy health insurance policy for your senior parents. Have trust in Star Health Insurance Company to prevent your senior parents from encountering the financial difficulty of any kind during their old age.
For more information, contact InsuranceDekho at 1800-120-5698.