Health benefits of Tulsi Leaves You Must Know
Published On Nov 19, 2020 5:30 AM By Sakshi Aggarwal
Tulsi or basil leaves are traditional herbs used in India. It has three varieties, and its origins are engraved in Ayurveda. Tulsi, known as the queen of spices, is often worshipped by Hindus and considered to be holy in their culture.
Apart from its sacred use, tulsi is rich in Vit A, C, K and minerals like Phosphorus, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium and Potassium. It has an enriching amount of protein and fibres that are of massive importance to our health.
Health Benefits of Tulsi Leaves
The tulsi leaves are a herbal way to cure many diseases and prevent many as well. The health benefit that they provide include:
1. Reduce Stress and Anxiety: Tulsi has a special agent that relieves from stress. This anti-stress agent helps in balancing our neural hormones like serotonin and dopamine in our brain. These hormones, when balanced, reduce the level of stress and anxiety.
2. Reduce Fever and Cold: Tulsi is popularly known for its antibacterial and antiviral properties. This helps to fight infection and reduces fever, cold, and congestion in the lungs. Tulsi leaves juice with honey and ginger helps in relieving the symptoms of asthma, cough, bronchitis, and cold.
3. Helps in Digestion: They help in treating indigestion and effective in loss of appetite. It is useful when feeling bloated. This soothes our gastrointestinal tract.
4. Reduce Diabetes: Tulsi leaves help in reducing sugar levels. This would lower the risk of Diabetes and helps in treating type 2 diabetes.
5. Prevents Kidney Stones: Tulsi has detoxifying nature. It lowers the level of uric acid in our body, which prevents the formation of kidney stones. Simply boiled tulsi leaves can reduce the risk of kidney stones.
6. Prevents Cancer: Tulsi has anti-cancer properties. It prevents skin, liver, lung, and oral cancers. It also reduces the aggressive nature of the tumor.
7. Helpful in Heart Conditions: Tulsi reduces the cholesterol level and improves blood circulation. This helps in strengthening of heart muscles. As it reduces the cholesterol level, tulsi is beneficial to heart patients.
8. Improves Liver Functioning: Tulsi leaves are good for the liver too. Due to its detoxifying properties, tulsi helps in removing metabolic wastes from our body. It detoxifies our hepatic system and protects our liver from damage.
9. Helps in Weight Loss: As tulsi reduces toxic waste and cholesterol, it is instrumental in weight loss. It helps in maintaining normal MI and improves our metabolism.
10. Immunity and Inflammation: Tulsi leaves works to wonder in building immunity. It maintains our metabolism and protects us from any bacterial and viral infections like cold, fever, flu, etc. it also reduces inflammation. It regulates the production of fluids in our joints and results in the reduction of painful swellings.
You May Also Like to Read: Tips To Boost Immune System During Lockdown Due To COVID-19
Tulsi leaves have a variety of medicinal properties. They help in better functioning of our organs like heart, kidney, liver, etc. they also calm our mind and provide anti-stress relaxation. So daily intake of two to three tulsi leaves can do wonders and have a positive impact on our health.
Also Read: Health Insurances and All That is There to Know About it.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.