Essential Documents Required For Bike Insurance
Published On Aug 11, 2022 10:00 AM By InsuranceDekho
Essential Documents Required For Bike Insurance
Table of Contents
Your bike insurance coverage serves as a financial safety net in event of an accident. The insurance policy compensates the sum insured amount as stated in the policy document in the event of damages, including to the degree of a total loss. You may rest easy knowing that you are protected financially if you have a current and legitimate bike insurance policy. This is possible if your coverage is active, which implies that you update your bike insurance policy on time and without delay.
If your two-wheeler insurance has expired or is inactive, you will be responsible for paying any damages or losses that result from an accident out of your own pocket. Before your insurance coverage expires, you must renew it. Continue reading to find out more about renewing your bike insurance and the paperwork needed. To know more about the documents required in bike insurance policy, read on.
Are Documents Required At The Time Of Bike Insurance Renewal?
Insurance providers include the paperwork needed for bike insurance renewal. Whether you are switching insurance companies or renewing your coverage with the same insurer will affect the list of documents you need. The same set of paperwork is needed for both procedures, plus extra ones if you are changing insurance providers. The insurer could want a new set of paperwork if your coverage fails or expires. It's critical to comprehend the paperwork required to update your bike insurance coverage.
What Are The Documents Required For Bike Renewal?
With the development of the internet, renewing vehicle insurance coverage has recently been faster, easier, and hassle-free. You may compare, comprehend the elements of the renewal premium, and choose to renew two-wheeler coverage using online bike insurance. The list of documents needed for two-wheeler insurance renewal is listed below -
evidence of address
- The bike's registration certificate (RC).
- contemporary passport-size photos.
- Earlier policy number, if necessary
Lapsed Bike Insurance
Important advantages that you could have accumulated over the policy time may be lost if your bike insurance policy expires. These might be various offers made by the insurer or the No Claim Bonus (NCB) for not filing any claims throughout the policy period. The insurance provider does provide customers a grace time to renew their policies; this window typically lasts between 15 and 30 days. However, your insurance coverage ends the minute your policy expires. To continue receiving the benefits, make sure to renew the insurance in time. To comprehend the grace period and exclusions, see the terms and conditions.
- Online - To reactivate the bike insurance, go to the insurance provider's website. To restore your account information, you must complete a few details. After logging into your account and paying the necessary premium and expenses, you may renew the expired bike insurance policy.
- Offline - To learn more about the procedure to revive the expired coverage, you may speak with an insurance agent or contact the insurance provider. They will walk you through the process of getting the insurance restored.
Some Things To Remember Before Buying Insurance
It's critical to timely renew your bike insurance coverage in order to safeguard your financial interests in the event of an accident. Before renewing your bike insurance, keep the following in mind -
- You may compare a variety of bike insurance plans online. By contrasting different plans, you may discover the factors that affect the premium and make a decision depending on your needs. With insurers making the greatest use of technology, purchasing two-wheeler insurance online is simple and quick. By utilising the smartphone app or their website, you may buy, renew, or make a claim essentially from anywhere.
- Before the policy expires, renew it. Resist driving an uninsured bike whenever possible. There are several excellent two-wheeler insurance options on the market. You might be able to get insurance with extensive coverage for a lesser price.
Given the aforementioned considerations, purchasing bike insurance is no longer only a choice but rather a must in order to mitigate the dangers associated with operating a vehicle on Indian roads. Two-wheeler insurance might occasionally go beyond your budget, but it is well worth the cost, as one discovers only when an emergency arises. Pick a bike insurance plan wisely, making sure it provides appropriate protection at a reasonable price. Undoubtedly, a two-wheeler insurance coverage allows you to ride with confidence and enjoy your peace of mind.
Also read: Exclusions In Bike Insurance Policy
Can Bicycle Insurance And Bike Insurance Be Covered In The Same Plan?