Consequences Of Not Having Insurance On A Two-Wheeler
Is Insurance a Legal Obligation? What are the ramifications if you don't have one? To learn more, read this article.
Table of Contents
More than 70% of two-wheelers on the road are uninsured, according to estimates. This is due to the fact that many consumers are ignorant of the benefits of bike insurance plans or neglect to renew them on time. Whatever the cause, you will be fined if you are discovered riding without valid motorcycle insurance coverage on Indian roads.
Driving a Two-Wheeler Without Insurance is Punishable
The penalty for not possessing a third-party liability bike insurance coverage has been increased from Rs. 1,000 to Rs. 2,000 and/or imprisonment for up to three months under the new Motor Vehicles Act.
Additional Penalties for Traffic Infractions
Not only does the law make it illegal to ride without bike insurance coverage, but it also makes it illegal to commit a variety of traffic violations. The following are some of them:
- In a motor vehicle accident lawsuit, a compensation of Rs. 5 lakh for death and Rs. 2.5 lakh for serious injuries is awarded.
- Overspeeding carries fines ranging from Rs. 1,000 to Rs. 2,000.
- For driving recklessly, a fine of Rs. 5,000 is imposed.
- For driving without a helmet, a fine of Rs. 1,000 is imposed, as well as a three-month license suspension.
Expenses for Third-Party and Own-Damage
If you accidentally hurt another person or his property in a collision or incident, you will be held accountable for the damages or losses caused by the individual, which is known as third-party responsibility. If you have a third-party liability insurance coverage on your two-wheeler, it will cover any damages caused by you to a third party; otherwise, you will be responsible for the losses, and if the person dies, your financial burden may be too great to bear. In the absence of standalone or own-damage two-wheeler insurance, you may be responsible for damages to your own vehicle in addition to losses to third parties. As a result of driving without a bike insurance plan, you are responsible for paying for repairs and owing to the high cost of automobile repairs, a financial crisis is unavoidable. To ride lawfully on Indian roads, it is, therefore, a prudent decision to get at least a third-party bike insurance coverage.
How Do One Purchase a Bike Insurance Policy Over the Internet?
You must follow the easy procedures outlined below to acquire bike insurance coverage online:
- Choose the Make, Model, Variant, and Fuel Type for your motorcycle.
- Choose your registration city and purchase year.
- 'Have you made a claim in the preceding year?' tell us. by selecting "yes" or "no" from the drop-down menu.
- Select 'Calculate' from the drop-down menu. On your screen, you will see the appropriate IDV and premium for bike insurance coverage.
- Pay your bike insurance premium online using a secure payment method for the coverage you've chosen.
Congratulations, you now have bike insurance coverage. On Indian roadways, you no longer have to pay huge penalties or face punishment if you ride without insurance. Please note that you will get the policy materials through email within the specified timeframe.
To avoid the numerous losses and problems that come with riding without bike insurance coverage on Indian roads, you should get a suitable policy and renew it before it expires. It is now quite simple to obtain bike insurance coverage. All you have to do is take advantage of technology and get your bike insured online in a matter of minutes.