What is the Ayushman Bharat Health Account?
Updated On Feb 22, 2023
Table of Contents
- What is the Ayushman Bharat Health Account?
- Benefits of the Ayushman Bharat Health Account
- Documents Required for Registration of Ayushman Bharat Health Account
- Process to Register for Ayushman Bharat Health Account Online
- Process to Create Ayushman Bharat Health Account Number
- Process To Download Ayushman Bharat Health ID Card Online
Record-keeping of past medical examinations and prescriptions is tedious. Therefore, in order to keep all the past medical records of an individual in one place, Ayushman Bharat Health Account was launched by the Government of India. You can store all your medical records, bills, prescriptions, and more in your ABHA account. Moreover, you can find details of all the doctors across India through Ayushman Bharat Health Account.
In this blog post, we’ll walk you through the process to register on Ayushman Bharat Health Account. Read on to find out!
What is the Ayushman Bharat Health Account?
The Ayushman Bharat Digital Health Initiative was launched on September 27, 2021, by the Government of India. The purpose of the mission was to equip every Indian citizen with a digital health ID that would provide quick access to medical records. ABHA Health ID is a 14-digit number that is valid across India. As a result, you can share your health information with medical specialists anywhere in India.
Benefits of the Ayushman Bharat Health Account
Some key benefits of creating the Ayushman Bharat Health Account are discussed in the below section.
- You may access all of your medical information, such as tests, diagnoses, and medication prescriptions quickly and easily.
- You may effortlessly share your medical records with hospitals, clinics, doctors, and other healthcare providers. As a result, you can seek medical attention even in new areas.
- You can visit the Healthcare Professional Register (HPR), which has information on all doctors in India.
- You can also search the Health Facility Register (HFR), which has a listing of all government and private medical facilities in India.
- This card is also accepted at AYUSH treatment facilities. Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homoeopathy are among the treatments available.
Documents Required for Registration of Ayushman Bharat Health Account
The documents necessary for Ayushman Bharat Health Account online registration are listed below.
- Income Proof such as Aadhaar Card
- Address Proof such as PAN Card
- Driving license number
- Mobile number linked with Aadhaar card
Process to Register for Ayushman Bharat Health Account Online
There are two primary ways to apply for ABHA health ID card registration online. You can either use Aadhaar Card or Driving License to register for Ayushman Bharat Health Account. Let's take a quick look at both of these approaches.
If your Aadhaar is linked to your mobile number, you can use it to register for an ABHA health ID. This will be required for the OTP verification process. If your mobile number is not linked to your Aadhaar, you can get help from an ABDM service.
Using a Driver's License
If you use your driving license, the ABDM portal will simply provide you with an enrollment number. Following that, you must take your driver's license to an ABDM facility centre to have your identification validated. Once this process is completed, your ABHA health ID will be generated.
Process to Create Ayushman Bharat Health Account Number
The process to generate an Ayushman Bharat Health Account number is quick and easy. You can create it online while sitting at your home. Listed below are the steps that you can follow.
- Visit the official website of NDHM or download the ABHA mobile application.
- Click on the “Create my ABHA Number” tab. You can also browse https://abha.abdm.gov.in/register web page.
- Enter either your driving license number or your Aadhaar and PAN number for verification.
- Enter the OTP sent to your registered mobile number.
- Once the verification process is completed, the National Health Authority form page will be displayed. Enter your personal details such as name, age, gender, and email-id in the form.
- Click “Submit.” Once all your details are submitted, you’ll be able to download your ABHA ID.
- You can use the ABHA ID to login into your ABHA account and avail of the services.
You can also create your ABHA Health ID using third-party applications like Paytm. All you need to do is login to your Paytm application and complete a few steps to generate your ABHA Health ID.
Process To Download Ayushman Bharat Health ID Card Online
Once you’ve completed the registration process, you can download your ABHA Digital Health ID Card. Here are the steps that you can follow to download your Ayushman Bharat Health ID Card online:
- Visit the official website of the NDHM or the ABHA mobile application.
- Login to your account.
- Click on the “Download Your ABHA Card” tab.
- A soft copy of your ABHA card will be downloaded on the device.
In conclusion, the Ayushman Bharat Health Account is an initiative taken by the government of India. All of your medical histories can be stored in a single portal. Moreover, you can easily register yourself online by visiting the NDHM website.