What Is SBI Arogya Top Up Policy?
Published On Jul 15, 2021
Table of Contents
Having a health insurance policy is prominent, for you and your loved ones, as it protects you against any kind of medical expenditures that might get incurred at the time of an emergency. Sometimes, the coverage under a purchased health insurance policy is not sufficient to meet certain demands like in the case of a critical disorder, pre-existing disease, maternity, and much more. To cover the expenses incurred in such cases, you can purchase add-on covers that add extra benefits to your existing health insurance cover at an affordable price thus, giving you all-around protection against any kind of difficulty.
SBI health insurance provides its customers with an exclusive top-up health insurance cover which is SBI Arogya Top-Up Policy. It provides extra coverage to the customers at an effective price. This low premium policy enhances the protection of the individual included in the plan. It can be bought for both individuals or family members which can include you, your spouse, children, and dependent parents. This cover is efficient in saving your finances as the inflation in the health sector is rising rapidly.
About SBI Arogya Top-Up Policy
SBI Arogya Top Up Policy is a comprehensive add-on cover for the policyholders under which the medical expenses are borne by the policyholder and the policy benefits come into the picture when the expenses exceed the deductible limit which is specified by the insurer. This policy is widely known for its cost-effectiveness and wide coverage. Let us look at some of the essential features of the SBI Arogya Top Up policy:
- The sum assured under this top-up policy ranges from Rs. 1 Lakh to Rs. 50 Lakh, which is sufficient to meet your medical requirements.
- For applicants below the age of 55 years, a pre-policy health check-up is not required.
- Under the SBI Arogya Top Up policy, multiple coverage options are available which gives the policyholder a diverse range of options to choose from.
- Under section 80D of the Income Tax Act, tax deduction benefits are made available to the policyholders.
- Around 141 daycare procedure benefits are a part of this policy which is available as an add-on cover for the policyholders.
Benefits of SBI Arogya Top-Up Policy
Let us look at some of the benefits of the SBI Arogya Top Up policy, which you as a customer can avail of:
- You do not have to go through a pre-policy health check-up up to the age of 55 years.
- 60 days pre and 90 days post-hospitalization expenses are incurred under the plan by the insurer.
- 141 daycare procedures are included in the plan for the policyholder’s benefits.
- A huge amount of sum assured is offered with the deductible amount option ranging from Rs. 1 Lakh to Rs. 10 Lakh.
- After the first 9 months, the maternity expenses for women are also covered under this policy.
- An exemption on the premium payments is given to the taxpayers under section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
- Organ donor expenses are also a part of this policy.
- Reinstatement of the sum assured can also be done if you purchase this SBI Arogya Top Up policy.
Up to Rs. 5000 per event, ambulance charges are also covered for the patient.
- Medical expenses for an alternative treatment under AYUSH are covered as a part of the policy.
Exclusions In SBI Arogya Top-Up Policy
Following is the list of medical expenses which are not covered under this plan:
- Medical treatments taken outside India are excluded.
- Expenses of cosmetic or plastic surgery are off-limits.
- Change of gender treatments is also not included.
- Sterility or infertility treatments are also excluded
Apart from these, many other treatments are not a part of this policy. The list of the exclusion can be read from the policy-related documents at the time of the purchase.
You must thoroughly go through the exclusions and inclusions in your health insurance policy to avoid any confusion at the time of making a claim for the health insurnace policy that has been purchased. This top-up health insurance cover can be availed after your medical expenses jump off the deductible limits of your policy.
Also Read: Why Choose SBI Health Insurance Plans?
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.