PM Modi to Launch Pradhan Mantri Atmanirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana During UP Visit Today
Published On Oct 25, 2021
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be on a Uttar Pradesh visit today, during which he will launch Pradhan Mantri Atmanirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana. It is a mega health infrastructure scheme that is centrally sponsored and has a worth of more than Rs. 64,000 crore. The scheme will be launched in PM Modi’s Lok Sabha constituency Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh today.
As per the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, the Pradhan Mantri Atmanirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana will be in addition to the National Health Mission. The scheme was announced in FY 21-22 Budget speech for an outlay of over six years, until FY 25-26.
Highlights of the Pradhan Mantri Atmanirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana are mentioned below:
- The scheme will be one of the largest schemes across the country that will aim at strengthening the healthcare infrastructure by filling gaps in public health infrastructure. It will mainly focus on critical care facilities and primary care in urban as well as rural areas.
- The scheme will support 17,788 rural health and wellness centres in 10 states. Also, 11,024 urban health and wellness centres will be established in all the states.
- All the districts of the country with a population of more than 5 Lakh will be provided with critical care services through exclusive critical care hospital blocks, and others will be offered referral services.
- People will be given access to diagnostic services in the public healthcare system which they can avail through several laboratories across India and integrated public health labs will also be set up in all districts.
- National Institution for One Health and 4 new national institutes for Virology to be set up
- IT-enabled diseased surveillance system will be developed
- PMO will also inaugurate medical colleges in Uttar Pradesh
- PM Modi will inaugurate development projects for Varanasi for around Rs. 5,200 crores.
The scheme will give preference to undeserved, backward, and aspirational districts. Apart from this, its main aim will be to increase the availability of health professionals, rectify the existing geographical imbalance in the distribution of medical colleges and use the existing infrastructure of district hospitals.
This is PMO’s second visit to Uttar Pradesh that goes to the polls next year, in a week. The healthcare professionals of public health centres, sub-district as well as district hospitals, as well as Government Medical College of Varanasi will participate virtually.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.