How Is IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance?
Published On Aug 06, 2022 12:00 PM By InsuranceDekho
Table of Contents
IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance is offered by IFFCO-Tokio General Insurance Company Limited. The company was established in 2000 as a joint venture between India-based IFFCO and Japan-based Tokio Marine Group. They have a presence all over India, including in smaller cities and rural areas. The company aims to increase insurance penetration in the country and build customer satisfaction with transparency, fairness and quick response.
Why choose IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance
- On the spot digitally signed Policy document issued at any of the branches, POS centres and for online purchases.
- Exclusion of pre existing disease applicable only for 3 years as compared to 4 years offered in most of the health insurance plans.
- Auto renewal facility of the Sum Insured in the event of a claim under the health insurance Policy.
- One of the few companies, offering full reimbursement of the full eligible claim amount under its various plans.
- Zero involvement of third party administrators, making the entire process simple and hassle free.
- Huge network of nearly 3000 affiliated hospitals across India for cashless facility.
- For existing policy holder with any other insurer, the holder may switch over their plans to IFFCO-Tokio.
- Dedicated 24x7 call centre for any assistance pertaining to claims and settlements.
Discount of premium for any ad-on coverage for enrolling family members.
IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance offers its plans in two different Segments which are
- The Individual Health Insurance Plans
- The Group Health Insurance Plans
How to File a Claim of IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance?
You can claim for health insurance at IIFCO Tokio in two ways. They are as follows:
- Cashless Claim
- Reimbursement Claim
In case of a planned hospitalisation at any network hospital, inform the insurance company at least 3 days before admission. For an unplanned hospitalisation, inform the insurance company upon the admission via their toll-free customer helpline number. You need to display your health card along with a photo ID proof at the hospital desk. Your identity details will be verified by the hospital and you will be required to submit a complete pre-authorisation request form with your signature to the insurance company’s TPA. If the request is approved, the hospital will receive an approval letter from the insurer’s TPA. Once the verification process of pre-authorisation request is done, your cashless treatment will begin. Approval for cashless claim will be sent within a period of 24 hours of the receipt of the required documents.
In case of hospitalisation at any non-network hospital or a cashless claim denial at any network hospital, you will be required to pay the medical bills directly out of your own pocket and can request reimbursement within a period of 7 days of discharge. The claim form has to be submitted with the required medical documents at your nearest IIFCO Tokio branch. Once the documents have successfully undergone the verification process, you will receive the claim amount via cheque within 20 days of receipt of the documents.
Procedure to Renew IFFCO TOKIO Health Insurance Policy Online
To renew your IFFCO Tokio Medical Insurance you need to follow the steps below:
Step 1: Visit the official website of IFFCO Tokio.
Step 2: There will be a ’Product’ tab. You need to choose your product out of the four products mentioned in the drop down menu, namely, Individual Health Protector (IHP), Family Health Protector (FHP), Individual Medishield (IMI), and Swasthya Kavach Policy (SKP). Also, enter your policy number in the ‘Policy Number’ tab.
Step 3: Hit the ‘Search' button.
IFFCO-Tokio Health Insurance plans come with a number of exclusive features, benefits and discounts. The company offers a variety of plans and riders to enhance coverage. Additionally, cashless treatment from a wide hospital network can be availed.
Also read: How Does Health Insurance Work