How is Future Generali Health Insurance?
Updated On Aug 07, 2022
Table of Contents
Future Generali General Insurance Co. was incorporated in the year 2006, Future Generali India Insurance Company is a joint venture of Future Group and Generali Group. Future Group was established 25 years ago and is a leading retailer in India operates India’s retail chains including, Big Bazaar, eZone, Central and Home Town. The Generali Group was established in 1831 in Italy and it is a leading player in global insurance and financial markets. The company has gained Pan India presence with 132 branches across India. It has sold over 71 Lacs policies across India. The Claim Settlement Ratio of the company for the year 2018-19 is 69%.
Features & Benefits of Future Generali Health Insurance Policy
- Cashless Treatment: Cashless treatment is a process where the patient does not have to pay for the hospitalization and treatment expenses. The cost of medical treatment is managed directly by the listed network hospital and Insurer/Third Party Administrator (TPA). The patient simply has to opt for a cashless settlement process.
- Pre and Post Hospitalization Expenses: Available, depending on the variant of the health plan, the pre and post hospitalization expenses cover can vary from 60 days for pre hospitalization to 90|120|180 days for post hospitalization, respectively.
- Ambulance Charges: For Future Generali Network Hospitals , the minimum is Rs. 1,500 and the maximum limit is based on the actual expenses. For non-network hospitals, the limit varies from Rs. 1,500|2,000|5000.
- No Claim Bonus: Yes, 50% for every claim-free year to a maximum of 100%
- Medical check-up: Pre-acceptance medical tests are not required for all proposers up to the age of 50 years. For age 51 years and above, medical tests are mandatory.
- Flexibility: Depends on the type of health plan.
- Coverage: In-patient Hospitalisation for Medical Treatment/Sickness (includes consultation, diagnostic tests and medications prescribed as per plan opted)
- Premium Charges: Depends on the sum insured selected under the health plan.
- Day Care Procedures: Covered
- Organ Donor Benefits: Yes
- Waiting Period: Compulsory waiting period: 2 years.
Exclusions under Future Generali Health Insurance Policy
The various exclusions under this policy are:
- Injury or illness caused by or arising from or attributable to invasion, war, act of foreign enemy, war like operations (whether war is declared or not). Circumcision, unless required for treatment of an illness not excluded hereunder or as may be necessitated due to an accident.
- Vaccination/inoculation (Except as post-bite treatment).
- Cosmetic treatments (For change of life or cosmetic or aesthetic treatment of any description), plastic surgery other than as may be necessitated due to an accident or as a part of any illness, refractive error corrective procedures, experimental, investigational or unproven/experimental treatment, devices and pharmacological regimens of any description.
- Charges incurred in connection with the cost of spectacles and contact lenses, hearing aids, durable medical equipment (including but not limited to cost of instrument used in the treatment of Sleep Apnea Syndrome, Continuous Peritoneal Ambulatory Dialysis and oxygen concentrator for asthmatic condition, wheelchair, belts, crutches, artificial limbs, braces, stocking, Glucometer and the like), namely that equipment used externally for the human body which can withstand repeated use; is not designed to be disposable; is used to serve a medical purpose, such cost of all appliances/devices be it for diagnosis or treatment following discharge from the hospital.
- Treatment expenses for obesity, weight control programmes, services and supplies.
- Alcohol/Tobacco/Narcotic Substance Abuse.
- External Congenital Anomaly and related Illness/ defect.
Future Generali Health Insurance holds a good track record of providing the best insurance solutions to its customers. As a mark of its success, Future Generali Health has also been awarded with many awards.