All You Need To Know About Mashak Rakshak Policy
Published On Aug 18, 2021 11:00 AM By InsuranceDekho
Table of Contents
Among the most dreaded diseases are the vector borne diseases which are caused by mosquitoes. These diseases spread more prominently in the monsoon season as more mosquitoes breed during this season. A large portion of people suffer and lose their lives after contracting these diseases. Some of these diseases are kala azar, malaria, dengue, zika virus, filaria, chikungunya, etc. These diseases need immediate medical attention and due to the increase in the cost of medical treatments, its medical expenses can burn a hole in your pocket. To support people who are affected with a vector borne disease, the health insurance providers have rolled out standard and specific health insurance policies like Mashal Rakshak Policy.
Mashak Rakshak Policy is a benefit based health insurance policy to deal with the medical expenses incurred during the treatment of vector borne diseases. To avail the 100% lump sum amount of this policy, the policyholder must be hospitalized for a minimum of 72 hours. It can be bought for both individuals and families. This health insurance cover is comprehensive, affordable, and comes with a pack of unique features to protect all groups of the society against the deadly attack of the vector borne diseases.
About Mashak Rakshak Policy
Mashak Rakshak Policy is a fixed benefit based health insurance cover, and it offers 100% of the lump sum amount assured under the plan for the policyholders. To avail the benefits of this plan, the patient must be hospitalized for a minimum of 72 hours continuously. The assured sum of money under this cover ranges from Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 2 Lakh. However, the policy tenure is fixed for a year, if needed it can be renewed every year by the policyholders. Some of the additional features of Mashak Rakshak Policy are:
- After being confirmed by the laboratory examination and medical procedures, 2% of the sum assured is provided on the positive diagnosis of the disease.
- For each disease, diagnosis cover is offered only once in a year to the policyholder.
- There is no deductible under this health insurance plan for the vector borne diseases and its price is specified by the insurer after having considered certain factors.
- Waiting period of the policy is 15 days from the date of commencement of the policy.
Major Exclusions Under Mashak Rakshak Policy
Following is the list of major exclusions are applicable under the Mashak Rakshak Policy for vector borne diseases:
- No claims are made for diseases apart from the vector borne diseases.
- Costs of treatments incurred outside the boundary of the Indian subcontinent are not covered.
- Expenses for OPD treatment, daycare charges, domiciliary hospitalization, etc. are not looked after by the insurance company.
- Admission primarily for investigation and evaluation is not included.
- Admission primarily for rest cure, respite care, and rehabilitation, etc. are also not included.
- No loss sharing is applicable under this cover of Mashak Rakshak Policy.
Why Should You Buy A Mashak Rakshak Policy?
Investing in a Mashak Rakshak Policy will add an extra layer of protection for you and your family against one of the most common and dreadful diseases which are the vector borne diseases. If you face any difficulty in buying a comprehensive health insurance plan due to your age, then you can simply buy the Mashak Rakshak Policy and secure yourself against the attack of diseases like kala azar, malaria, dengue, etc. which can cost one their life. If you choose to buy the vector borne disease health insurance plan as a rider for your base health insurance cover, then it will help you compensate for the loss of your income with its payment in lump sum.
A health insurance policy along with the right and suitable add-on cover adds value to your health protection. Mashak Rakshak Policy is one of the most affordable choices to be made to protect yourself as well as your family against the deadly diseases caused by the mosquitoes.
Must Read: Common Health Insurance Mistakes And Ways to How to Correct Them
Long Term Health Insurance Plans Vs Short Term Health Insurance Plans
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.