All About Individual Health Insurance Plans
Published On Nov 01, 2021, Updated On Nov 02, 2021
Table of Contents
Health insurance plans are a necessity these days for all the individuals as it provides the much needed financial support to the individuals in case of a medical emergency. Health insurance providers offer a bunch of features and benefits to the policyholders to enhance their experience. Some of the commonly included features are pre and post hospitalization, medication costs, ambulance charges, room rents, and much more. The insurers have rolled out individual health insurance plans that offer coverage to a single individual and compensate for their medical expenditures.
Individual health insurance plans cover a single individual and offer sufficient health insurance coverage to the people. With a high claim amount, such plans are beneficial for people suffering from a certain pre-existing disease. Individual health insurance plans can be bought for people who need a high amount of sum assured for their medical treatments. Cashless claim benefits can be availed at the network hospital of the insurer under which the policyholders do not have to pay a single penny from their pockets during the treatment.
About Individual Health Insurance Plans
An individual health insurance policy compensates for the medical expenses of a single individual. It offers extensive and cost-effective coverage to the policyholders and also provides them the flexibility to customize their health insurance plans according to their requirements. A person suffering from a pre-existing medical condition can invest in an individual health insurance plan as it offers a high claim amount.
Features of An Individual Health Insurance Plan
Following are some of the prominent features of an individual health insurance plan that can be availed by the policyholders while claiming the plan:
- Comprehensive coverage for a single individual is offered under the plan
- This plan is budget friendly and can be bought at an affordable price
- It comes with tax saving perks as one of its accumulated benefits
- Customers have the flexibility to customize their plans according to their demands
- No-claim-bonus is available for every claim free year
Inclusions Under An Individual Health Insurance Plan
Let us look at some of the common inclusions under an individual health insurance plan:
- Inpatient hospitalization covers are a part of such plans
- COVID-19 treatments are compensated for by the insurers
- Day care procedures, domiciliary hospitalization, etc. are also a part of the plan
- Road ambulance charges are included under the plan
- Organ donor expenses are looked after by the insurer
- Free medical healthcare checkups are provided to the policyholders
- Insurers also compensate for AYUSH treatments
Tips To Get The Best Individual Health Insurance Plan
Following are some of the key points that must be considered while investing in an individual health insurance plan, to get the best plan for yourself:
- The insurer you choose must have a plethora of options so that you can make a fair choice based on your requirements.
- You must look for benefits like cashless claims, no claim bonus, complementary health care checkups, additional plans, and much more.
- 24X7 customer support must be available under your purchased plan to address the customers grievances. You must invest in a plan with lifetime renewability of services option to get carefree renewal of your purchased plan.
- To understand your plan clearly and know more about its inclusions and exclusions, you must go through the fine print of the purchased policy. Reading the fine print of the plan makes the claim settlement procedure convenient.
- Always analyze your requirements before investing in a particular health insurance plan to make sure that all your demands have been met.
Exclusions Under The Individual Health Insurance Plans
Following are some of the medical expenses that are excluded from the coverage of an individual health insurance policy:
- Dental treatments
- Infertility treatments
- Self-inflicted injuries
- Consumption of alcohol and drugs
- Cosmetic treatments
- HIV/AIDS treatments
- Obesity treatments
Health insurance plans come with certain policy terms and conditions that must be read carefully while investing in a particular health insurance plan. You must be aware of the waiting period of your plan to avail its benefits without any hassles.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.