How To Get No Objection Certificate for Two-Wheeler Online?
Updated On Mar 16, 2021
A No Objection Certificate or NOC is an important legal document that is required when you are moving your bike or two wheeler from one state or union territory to another.
A No Objection Certificate or NOC is an important legal document that is required when you are moving your bike or two wheeler from one state or union territory to another. In order to do so, you must re-register your two-wheeler in the new state and this process requires the document NOC from the Regional Transport Office (RTO). If you would be travelling to a new state for a period under three months, an NOC is not going to be required. However, in all other circumstances it will be needed.
Things to Know About No Objection Certificate (NOC) for Two-Wheeler
Who needs to apply for NOC with RTO?
People who need to travel to a different state for a duration of more than 12 months are required to apply for a No Objection Certificate (NOC). Also, if you are planning to sell your bike or scooter to someone who could take it to another state, in such a condition, you you also need to obtain an NOC for a bike with the RTO. Under this process, your original RTO will deregister your name and the details of your vehicle from heir database.
What is the fee to apply for an NOC with RTO?
The fee to apply for a No Objection Certificate (NOC) is just Rs. 100, which is quite an affordable amount for every vehicle owner. When anyone registers his or her bike or scooter for the first time with an RTO, you need to pay a road tax or excise duty for it. However, this tax varies from state to state. When you travel from a state where the road taxes are lesser than the state where you are relocating to, you will have to pay the surplus amount upon re-registration. Whereas, if you travel to a state where the road taxes are lesser than your own state where based on which you paid during registration, you become eligible to get a refund upon re-registration of your scooter or bike.
What is the Validity for an NOC for a two-wheeler?
The problem of taking your bike or scooter to another state does not get over by just holding an No Objection Certificate (NOC). The NOC also attains a strict validity period, hence, you need to conclude your re-registration under a different RTO before the NOC’s validity lapses. Generally, the NOC for the bike or scooter which you possess from your RTO is valid for 6 months. After the expiry period, you cannot re-register your vehicle with a different RTO.
How can you cancel your NOC for a two-wheeler?
If after planning to shift to another you decide to change your plan for relocation, but you also have applied to obtain an NOC for your two-wheeler vehicle, in such a case, you should apply for a Non-Utilisation Certificate (NUC) with the RTO for which you obtained your NOC. Subsequently, you need to submit the NUC to your original RTO.
Keeping these points in mind will ensure a safe and secure travel to a different state with your two-wheeler without any legal hassle.
Let’s read all about the No Objection Certificate (NOC) and the process required to obtain it.
NOC for Bike: Get No Objection Certificate (NOC) for Bike Online
The following are the steps required to apply for an NOC from the Regional Transport Office.
- STEP 1: Visit the RTO where your bike or two wheeler has been registered.
- STEP 2: Request form CMW 2 from the office. It will require details such as name, address, contact number, drivers’ license number, etc.
- STEP 3: Duly fill the form and provide the necessary details.
- STEP 4: Submit the completed form alongside the necessary documents which would be listed in it.
- STEP 5: Make the payment of the application fees of Rs. 100.
- STEP 6: The next step is to await verification, while the RTO verifies with your local police station that your vehicle has not been involved in any local traffic law violations.
- STEP 7: If there are no pending dues and no DSA (Department Statutory Action) cases pending against your vehicle then the NOC will be issued after the RTO obtains a clearance.
What are the Documents Required For Applying for Bike NOC?
The following documents would be required to be submitted alongside the form CMW 2 when applying for an NOC.
- The registration certificate or RC book of your two wheeler
- The insurance certificate
- The PUC certificate or emissions test certificate for your vehicle
- Pencil print of the bike’s chassis number
- Self-attested photo identity proof of the bike owner
- Self-attested address proof of the bike owner
- Passport size photograph to be attested on the form
Therefore obtaining NOC is not a complicated process. It is an important legal document which is required should you be moving your two wheeler from one state to another and intend to drive it in a second state where it is not registered. In order to re-register it, you must have an NOC issued to you. By duly filling the form correctly and submitting all the valid and correct documentation you should be assured that you would be able to obtain an NOC without difficulty.
You May Also Like To Read:
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.