How To Cancel Aditya Birla Health Insurance Policy
Updated On Jul 13, 2022
Table of Contents
A health plan is a must if you want to protect yourself against the high medical costs. Apart from purchasing a policy for yourself, you can also purchase a family floater plan to make sure that even your family members receive health coverage. If you have purchased health insurance and for some reason want to cancel the same, there are a few rules that you should be aware of.
While it is possible to cancel your health insurance anytime, the refund you receive will depend on when you cancel the policy. Let us have a look at the health insurance cancellation policy in detail.
The first 15 days of an offline policy and the first 30 days of online policy is known as the free-look period. If after receiving the policy documents you do not agree to any of the terms, you can cancel the policy within the free-look period and receive up to 100% of the policy coverage.
However, the insurance company will deduct the premium for the number of days you were insured as well as any costs incurred by them for your medical tests and stamp duty.
Cancelling After Free-look Period
You can also cancel your health insurance policy after the free-look period. However, you will not receive 100% of the premium refund. If the policy is cancelled-
- Within 1 month- 75% of the premium refunded
- Within 3 months- 50% of the premium refunded
- Within 6 months- 25% of the premium refunded
You can also cancel the policy anytime between 6 months and the validity of your policy. However, you will not receive any refund once the policy is 6 months old.
How to cancel Aditya Birla Health Insurance Policy?
If you have an Aditya Birla Health Insurance Policy, you can cancel it by submitting a claim to the insurance company. If you want to cancel your policy without submitting a claim, you can do so by following the steps mentioned below:
- Call up the customer care number on your policy document and inform them that you want to cancel your policy.
- Send them a letter of cancellation with all the information required for cancellation in it.
- You will receive an acknowledgment of your request for cancellation within seven days from the submission of this letter with all the relevant information about the cancellation and refund procedure.
- If there is no acknowledgment within seven days or if any further follow-ups are required, then you can submit a claim for a refund as per their claims process.
Aditya Birla Health Insurance provides different insurance plans such as individual health insurance plans, family floater health insurance plans, senior citizen health insurance plans, critical illness health insurance plans, disease-specific health insurance plans, personal accident plans, etc. The insurer offers a smooth claim settlement process which makes it easy for the insured to aid services under the policy.
Also read: What Is Ped In Health Insurance