What Is Ped In Health Insurance
Updated On Jul 12, 2022
Table of Contents
Earlier there were options to reduce the waiting period in some health plans, but the affordability factor has changed along with relaxed underwriting norms.
The good news is that now you can get pre-existing disease cover from day one. There are some health insurance plans offered by Star Health Insurance Company, Aditya Birla General Insurance Company, and HDFC Ergo Health Insurance Company. The name of the medical insurance plans are- Star Health Diabetes Safe Plan A, and Aditya Birla Activ Health Essential – Diabetes Aditya Birla Activ Health platinum Enhanced - Diabetes; and HDFC Ergo Health Energy Gold plan. Read more to know about the benefits offered under these health insurance plans
PED Day One Cover Health Insurance Policies With Key Features
Aditya Birla Active Health Insurance Plan
- This comprehensive Aditya Birla health insurance plan provides cashless treatment and reimbursement of hospitalization expenses for accidents and illnesses (including mental illnesses) at more than 8200 network hospitals.
- This health plan by Aditya Birla General Insurance offers a minimum sum insured of Rs 50,000 and a maximum of Rs 1 Crore
- The plan features include 100% restoration of the sum insured during the policy term.
- The insured can also avail cashless home treatment for specific illnesses like dengue, chemotherapy, etc.
- It also includes a cumulative bonus that doubles the coverage amount and provides a waiver of premium upon detection of a critical illness
- The health insurance policy also provides health returns up to 100% of the premium by staying healthy, Ayush cover, post-hospitalization physiotherapy cover, super reload of the sum insured, OPD cover, dental consultation, and medical investigations
- This health insurance plan with PED cover from Day 1 provides optional benefits like critical illness cover, personal accident cover and international coverage for major illnesses.
HDFC Ergo Health Energy Gold Health Insurance Plan
- HDFC Ergo health insurance has launched this wellness management program for people suffering from Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Hypertension, impaired Glucose Tolerance (IGT), and Impaired Fasting Glucose.
- You can choose a minimum sum insured of Rs 2 lakh and a maximum of Rs 50 lakh.
- The policy covers inpatient hospitalization expenses and also offers wellness programs with health rewards for monitoring your health. HbA1C Checkup is also covered.
- In this health plan, you can go for cashless treatment in nearly 10,000 hospitals across India.
Star Health Diabetes Safe Health Insurance Plan
- Star health insurance plan for diabetes cover includes both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes patients. This diabetes health insurance plan offers the sum insured on a floater basis as well.
- The sum insured amount under Star Health Diabetes Safe Health Insurance Plan is Rs 3 lakh, Rs 4 lakh, Rs 5 lakh, and Rs 10 lakh
- PED Day-1 coverage with no waiting period is offered under Plan A. But the coverage is only approved after undergoing pre-medical tests. Also, Plan B provides coverage after a waiting period of 12-months.
- The best part is that the insured can file a health insurance claim for out-patient treatments, and modern treatments. The procedures covered are kidney transplant surgery, dialysis, and cardiovascular diseases subjected to sub-limits
- Since these health insurance plans are more affordable and loaded with features, the premium is only 20% dearer than regular medical insurance plans with a longer waiting period. It is a no-brainer that people with Pre-existing diseases should consider buying it.
Insurance Underwriting Norms Relaxed
- For diabetic patients who are on insulin, it can be a difficult task to buy a health insurance policy. A lot of insurance companies hesitate from underwriting customers with chronic illnesses/diseases. However, with the above-mentioned health plans, there is still a chance to get health insurance coverage.
- As these health insurance plans with Pre-existing disease cover are designed in a way that they benefit patients suffering from asthma, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and diabetes. After explaining the underwriting process, the company assesses the customer’s current situation with a short questionnaire in the application form and a few basic medical tests as required.
- The underwriting procedure helps the health insurance companies in India to engage with their customers on the journey with a health coach expert. This way they can understand the medical status of their customer and can provide the most suitable health cover based on the customer's consent.
So, if you have any pre-existing illness or anyone in the family has medical conditions like diabetes, hypertension, etc. then these are the health insurance plans that you need. If you are planning to secure your health with any of the above-mentioned mediclaim policies then you can speak to our experts or fill the form online and we will help you buy the right health insurance plan for yourself and your family. You can also pay the premium online, and choose and compare the plans as per our requirement.