Exploring Star Health’s Outpatient Care Policy
Published On Nov 27, 2020
Are you looking for a health insurance policy that covers your outpatient expenses? Have you explored all policy options, but nothing seems to fit your medical requirements? If still hunting for a plan that takes care of your outpatient expenses without giving you stress in return, consider the Outpatient Care Policy by Star Health Insurance right away!
What Is Outpatient Care Insurance Policy?
Launched in February, 2020, Outpatient Care Policy is a new product of Star Health Insurance. A standalone policy, Outpatient Care provides coverage for Outpatient Consultation at affordable premium rates. An ideal choice for adults as well as children, Outpatient Care Policy covers OPD expenses that do not require hospitalization. By opting for this reliable policy, you can prevent yourself from spending your savings on expenses that are usually not covered by your traditional health insurance plan.
What Are the Prime Features of Outpatient Care Policy?
The key features of Outpatient Care Policy include:
- Policy term is of 1 year
- Available on individual and floater sum insured basis
- Plan variants available include Silver, Gold, and Platinum
- Sum insured options include Rs.25,000, Rs.50,000, Rs.75,000 and Rs.1 Lakh
- Policy is available for adults between 18 years and 50 years of age
- Dependent children starting from age 31 day to 25 years can also be covered
- Policy can provide cover for a maximum of 6 family members
- Initial waiting period is 30 days from the date of policy issuance
- In-house, hassle-free claim settlement of the policy
What All Is Covered Under Outpatient Care Policy?
The list of expenses covered under the Outpatient Care Policy include:
- Outpatient consultation costs incurred at any network facility within the country
- Non allopathic treatment expenses comprising outpatient medical consultation as well as treatment expenses incurred under AYUSH system
- Expenses related to diagnostics, physiotherapy and pharmacy incurred at any networked facility in the country
- Dental treatment expenses to a natural tooth or teeth arising due to accidents
- Ophthalmic treatment expenses occurring due to accidental injuries
Does Outpatient Care Policy Provide Cover for Pre-Existing Diseases?
Yes, you can get your pre-existing diseases covered under the Outpatient Care Plan. However, there is a waiting period associated with the coverage. The waiting period for pre-existing diseases is as follows:
- 48 months for Silver Plan
- 24 months for Gold Plan
- 12 months for Platinum Plan
What Is the Free Look Period and Grace Period Under the Outpatient Care Policy?
For Outpatient Care Policy, the free look period is 15 days. The grace period is of 30 days, starting from the expiry date of the policy.
Does Outpatient Care Policy Provide Any Tax Benefits?
Yes! Under Outpatient Care Policy, a policyholder is to receive income tax benefits under the Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
Are There Any Discounts Associated With Outpatient Care Policy?
Outpatient Care Policy comes with a Renewal Discount. At the time of renewal, the insured individual is eligible for a 25% discount of the premium after every block of two continuous claim free years.
Outpatient Care Policy is a Star Health product worth purchasing to manage outpatient care expenses. It is advisable to purchase this policy if you no longer wish to pay high costs related to pharmacy bills, doctor consultation, diagnostic tests, and others.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.