Best Car Insurance without External Inspection
Digitization has changed the way car owners and insurance companies used to interact with each other especially for a car inspection.
Inspection is the process of conducting a physical examination of the vehicle. It plays an integral role in the process of car insurance. A physical examination is done, firstly to ensure the existence of the insured vehicle and secondly to observe and record the present condition of the vehicle so that policyholders can ask for a claim in case of damage. An inspection can be done in two ways -
1. Self-inspection - Self-inspection is a process where the policyholder conveys the present condition of the insured vehicle with the help of videos and photographs. These videos are prepared according to the guidelines provided by the insurer.
2. External inspection - External inspection is a process where the car insurance company sends an agent to check on the present condition of the vehicle.
Advancing technology has eliminated the need for physical inspection by the surveyor.
When is Car Inspection Mandatory?
A car inspection is required in the following situations:
- If there is a difference between the expiration date of the policy and the due date of renewing the car policy, the policy generally lapses. In such cases inspection is required to renew the policy and claim for the damage.
- If the policyholder wishes to switch from a third party to a comprehensive insurance policy, the insurance provider asks for inspection.
- If the policyholder has sold his car and transferred the insurance policy in the name of other people, the insurance company asks for inspection.
- If the policyholder has got additional accessories such as CNG kit, anti-theft devices etc for the car and wishing to opt for cover for them then the inspection will be done.
- If the insured vehicle has met with an accident and undergone severe damages then the inspection will be done if the claim is not fabricated.
Top 3 Insurance Companies Providing Self-inspection facility As Per Claim Settlement Ratio
1. HDFC ERGO Car Insurance
Highlights91.23% for FY20 claim settlement ratioCheck in your CityAwarded IAAA rating by ICRA:This implies that it has one of the highest claim paying ability6,800+ Cashless garages.Round the clock support
HDFC ERGO General InsuranceRead More
HDFC ERGO has its self-inspection application through which the car owners can easily renew their automobile insurance policy. This advanced facility enables the customers to either renew their policy themselves or through self-inspection.
Hdfc Ergo Car Insurance User Reviews
Helpful web portal
I gained good knowledge regarding car insurance policies and...Read More
2. Icici Lombard Car Insurance
Highlights98.3% Claim Settlement RatioCheck in your CityEnjoy Services in 5900+ Cashless Network GaragesRound the Clock AssistanceICICI Lombard General Insurance Company is the most popular name in the private sector of general insurance
ICICI Lombard General InsuranceRead More
ICICI Lombard provides this advanced feature of self-inspection to their customers. This allows them to renew their insurance policy without the physical presence of official surveyor. With the new self-inspection feature, the policy renewal can be done in just 2-3 days.
Icici Lombard Car Insurance User Reviews
InsuranceDekho offers a completely hassle-free process of ge...Read More
3. Reliance Car Insurance
HighlightsEnjoy Cashless Claim Service at 6200+ authorized garagesCheck in your CityThird Party Cover up to Rs.7,50,000Renew car insurance policy in minutesClaim Settlement Ratio of 91.39%
Reliance General InsuranceRead More
Reliance has presented a new way of interacting with its audiences, working with the market and creating an environment. It has launched a new app called Reliance Self-i App that provides a quick solution for policy renewal in case of expiry. The application aims to speed up and simplify the process of claim settlement and policy renewal.
Reliance Car Insurance User Reviews
Insurance dekho is a dedicated team of professionals, with a...Read More