Safety Tips For Solo Riders In India
Updated On Sep 05, 2022
Safety Tips For Solo Riders In India
Table of Contents
Most motorcyclists fantasise of going on a lengthy journey on their bikes. Whether you choose to ride by yourself or with other bikers, taking to the freeway or winding mountain routes sounds like real fun. The experience of biking in a city vs on a freeway just feels different.
When you go on long-distance rides, there are a lot more dangers to consider. There are many unknown variables that enter the equation. Being machinery, bikes can malfunction at any time. Therefore, if you take care of these issues before-hand, your next long journey on your preferred two-wheeler will be risk- and hassle-free. To find out some tips to lower the premium for bike insurance policy, read on.
What Is The Importance Of Bike Insurance For Solo Riders?
If your bike is damaged, the correct bike insurance coverage might assist you in recovering your financial losses. With the correct bike insurance coverage, you may even make claims for services like on-the-spot repairs, fuel refills, breakdown support, etc.
Additionally to offering financial protection, purchasing bike insurance is mandatory by law. If you don't purchase or renew your bike insurance coverage, you risk paying steep fines. Thus, bike insurance is a mandate.
What Are Some Safety Tips That Solo Riders Can Follow?
Following are some safety tips for solo riders -
- Understanding Your Bike - Longer excursions might provide a variety of riding difficulties. It is advised to have a good number of miles under your belt prior to beginning any such adventures. You must be aware of whether your bike does have the extra power necessary to pass a large car on the road. Or that, in the event that anything unexpectedly arises on the road, it can handle a swift change of directions. Before a lengthy ride, you should be familiar with your bike as well as its characteristics.
- Earplugs - This may seem like a very insignificant detail, but when you're riding for hours at a time, it may really come in handy. Long periods of exposure to wind noise can be taxing and harmful to your ears. You may eliminate these slight annoyances by donning a set of cosy earplugs.
- Servicing of Bike - It is crucial to perform a short health checkup on your bike before any lengthy rides. The engine oil, other fluids, brake system, chain or belt, air filters, etc. are some of the most fundamental inspections. A simple inspection will lessen the likelihood of a breakdown.
- Rest - Long bike rides demand both strength and agility, and they may also be physically demanding. Plan for frequent pauses whether you are cycling alone or with a group. This can be done to let your bike rest, get some drink or food, or just to get some exercise.
- Safety Gear - Long rides without the proper safety equipment may be quite risky. Naturally, when you put on your entire riding outfit, it might get a little warm. But it's worth it to put up with that little discomfort now in order to prevent hazards in the future.
- Weather Conditions - On a lengthy trip, it is likely that you may pass through several geographic regions, in turn you will experience various weather conditions. Your journey will be a lot more comfortable if you are ready for them. Get some clothing for rainy or chilly weather even if you don't expect it.
Sometimes, even the most thorough safeguards may not always be sufficient. Therefore, two-wheeler insurance will guarantee that you are protected against the majority of eventualities. An additional worry while travelling to an unfamiliar location is having your car stolen. A bike insurance coverage will take care of this.