Preventive Health Checkups - What Is It?
Published On May 03, 2022
Table of Contents
Health is defined as a state of physical, mental and social well-being, which can be achieved through a balanced diet, physical exercise and adequate sleep and recreation. However, even after taking all the necessary steps, our health is still at risk of falling prey to diseases unexpectedly. A Preventive Health Checkup is, therefore, aimed to recognize and minimize such risk at an early stage.
Research shows that preventive checkups are an effective means of reducing the financial burden of healthcare by detecting potential health issues before they become critical and require expensive treatments. Therefore, Preventive Health Checkup is undoubtedly the key to living a healthier life.
What are the Benefits and Important Factors of Preventive Health Check-Up?
There are numerous benefits of buying Preventive Health Checkups packages. Therefore, to buy a comprehensive Preventive Health Checkup package you need to be aware of its important features, some of these features are listed below:
- Valuable and reliable health education.
- Assessment of your probability of getting sick.
- Early detection of a health condition that can be potentially life-threatening.
- Increase chances for receiving early treatment, and sometimes cure.
- Regular monitoring of pre-existing health conditions and, thereby preventing the risk of complications.
- Results of the check-up can help in increasing longevity if you improve the lifestyle.
- Keeping your overall healthcare cost at a minimum by avoiding costly emergency treatments.
- Allowing yourself to be actively involved in your health care.
- Staying up-to-date and empowered with the latest medical information and technologies.
Who Requires Preventive Medical Check-up?
Ideally, a person at age 30 and beyond should opt for Preventive Medical Check-up. It is used to screen and detect an umbrella of lifestyle diseases, of which the most important ones are:
- Heart or Cardiac diseases
Increased stress and lack of time for physical exercise and healthful cooking are the major contributors to developing unhealthy habits. This leads to subsequent and gradual deterioration of our general health, and before we know it, lifestyle diseases come knocking at our door.
List of Preventive Healthcare Packages
There are various age-specific, gender-specific and disease-specific Preventive Healthcare Packages that you can choose from.
- Family Package: An entire family can enjoy the benefits of full-body check-ups, dietary, ophthalmic and dental consultations. Some hospitals also offer customized packages for men and women.
- Cardiac Package: This package has been designed to identify the risk of heart attacks or strokes and other cardiovascular accidents and provide corrective consultations.
- Diabetes Package: Diabetic patients can avail Diabetes plans to keep their vital organs in the regular check-up and avoid complications.
- Cancer Package: For early cancer screening and future risk assessment.
- Pediatric Package: Healthcare plans for children up to thirteen years are available and include a range of Pediatric, Ophthalmic, Dental, and general check-ups.
- Fertility Check-up: Couples who are struggling to conceive can go for fertility check-ups and receive expert consultations.
- Dental Package: Dental Packages outside the regular checkup plans are increasingly becoming popular in many hospitals and dental clinics.
Preventive Health Checkup is an early detection tool which helps you keep updated with the changes that your body undergoes as you age. While sometimes a person can show signs and symptoms of a disease, in most cases they go undetected without regular check-ups. Early detection is one of the major benefits of Preventive Health Checkup in terms of a person's health, while things like tax benefits can make it to the list of added advantages. Thus, one should opt for Preventive Health Checkup to strengthen their health insurance portfolio.